Armed man shot by soldier at Louvre

Jack Walsh

As opposed to the bearded rapist sky fairy who is his own son whose flesh we cannibalisticaly eat to help telepathically speak to him so a bit of our bodies we can't find goes to somwhere in space instead of somewhere underground when we die?

You are all mental.
Oh, that's it, you're going to hell.
Actually,half way there already, following the Hoops!

Skypeme

Until next time of course, perhaps next week for the Valentines day celebrations.
And just how many of these 'minor incidents' do you consider acceptable? Maybe the next time the machete won't just graze the scalp but remove the head.

But for the quick reaction of a soldier the French may well have faced a public beheading. 'Minor incident' my ar$e.

Roll_On

And just how many of these 'minor incidents' do you consider acceptable? Maybe the next time the machete won't just graze the scalp but remove the head.

But for the quick reaction of a soldier the French may well have faced a public beheading. 'Minor incident' my ar$e.
....I never said it was a minor incident that loo-la petal said that.

Jack Walsh

bad things make other bad things ok?
No, but if you are serious about protecting American citizens from being killed, maybe you shouldn't make it as easy to buy a semi automatic rifle as it is to buy a cheeseburger.

Jack Walsh

Clowns, in terms of seriousness, you'd see as bad outside a chipper in Mullingar on a good night

He was Muslim and it was the Lourve.
That's the story, not the seriousness of it.

former wesleyan

As opposed to the bearded rapist sky fairy who is his own son whose flesh we cannibalisticaly eat to help telepathically speak to him so a bit of our bodies we can't find goes to somwhere in space instead of somewhere underground when we die?

You are all mental.
Good job Ireland's neutral.

petaljam

I'm in France, two of my (young adult) children are in Paris. We've had Charlie Hebdo, the Bataclan, Nice, and innumerable other incidents most of which you won't have heard of, including one right outside my place of work where a madman stabbed a girl as a "sacrifice for Ramadan". I think I'm better placed than you to decide what's a minor incident here.

If this one hadn't been at the Louvre, you wouldn't have even heard about it, though I probably would.

And you can drop the insults, it only makes you look ignorant. Deservedly so, I suspect.

Roll_On

No, but if you are serious about protecting American citizens from being killed, maybe you shouldn't make it as easy to buy a semi automatic rifle as it is to buy a cheeseburger.
America is over, and was never really that great, it's Europe I'm worried about. 100 years ago the thought of any proud European nation (never mind the entire continent) sitting back and waiting for the next foreign attack from some primitive desert folk would have been laughable, we would have just rolled over and flattened the lot of them.

Roll_On

I'm in France, two of my (young adult) children are in Paris. We've had Charlie Hebdo, the Bataclan, Nice, and innumerable other incidents most of which you won't have heard of, including one right outside my place of work where a madman stabbed a girl as a "sacrifice for Ramadan". I think I'm better placed than you to decide what's a minor incident here.
So you've become desensitised to anti European violence perpetrated by fundamentalist loo-las?

petaljam

Until next time of course, perhaps next week for the Valentines day celebrations.
You sound like you're hoping for something like that. I hope that's just because it was poorly expressed.

Roll_On

You sound like you're hoping for something like that. I hope that's just because it was poorly expressed.
No, I acknowledge that due to the failure of the European Union to protect our external borders that some of us European natives are going to die. I'm certainly not wishing for it, merely acknowledging its as certain as sunrise.

petaljam

So you've become desensitised to anti European violence perpetrated by fundamentalist loo-las?
Well seeing as you just called me the same thing, I think you're the one who has lost the measure of things. :roll:

Perhaps the fact of growing up in NI during the 70s and 80s has given me a bit more ability not to be constantly in a state of panic as you seem to be.

former wesleyan

No, I acknowledge that due to the failure of the European Union to protect our external borders that some of us European natives are going to die. I'm certainly not wishing for it, merely acknowledging its as certain as sunrise.
This event happened in France where it's hard to defend the border as citizens of it's former empire/colonies had French citizenship.

petaljam

This event happened in France where it's hard to defend the border as citizens of it's former empire/colonies had French citizenship.
I think when you see the abuse flung immediately at me just for not joining in with the general hysteria it's clear that a number of posters don't give a damn about the safety of other people, they just want to big up any incident at all in the service of their own agenda.

"Carried out by a Muslim? How dare you call it minor? Traitor! loo-la! The sky's falling on our heads!!!"
"Dylan Roof? Oh well, let's not get carried away." :rolleyes:

We saw the same thing with Canada, where a number of people were absolutely determined that it had to be the actions of other Muslims.

good dog

Seems a highly professional operation by the soldier involved, the man was injured, shot on the legs. Enough to stop a man with a machete attacking another soldier, there was no need to kill him.
A lot to be said for professional soldiers patrolling in danger zones such as France or for ex soldiers training as armed police officers

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies