Armed man takes 3 people hostage in Paris and is demanding to speak to the Iranian embassy and French government

Lagertha

It seems to be a fake gun, hopefully. So I'm hoping that it isn't going to escalate. That poor pregnant woman must be losing her mind. Hopefully she and her baby will be safe, and the other hostage too.

Lagertha

I don't care what religion he is. It's a horrifying ordeal for the people involved. Imagine being doused in petrol by some random stranger who drags you into a building. Imagine the overpowering stench of that petrol on your skin and your clothes, then imagine that you are pregnant as well.

I didn't read your post until after I had posted. The incident in America is horrific, but I didn't see any coverage of it in the media here so I couldn't comment on it.

Lagertha

Yeah. Right.
I don't actually. It's a horrifying thought that you could just be wandering down the street minding your own business on a day that's just like any other day and someone could grab you off the street like that and douse you in petrol.

Morgellons

Lets hope he forgot to bring matches.

Lúidín

Hopefully the police will shoot him dead before he can hurt anyone further.

PC Principle

It seems to be a fake gun, hopefully. So I'm hoping that it isn't going to escalate. That poor pregnant woman must be losing her mind. Hopefully she and her baby will be safe, and the other hostage too.
It’s not a baby.

It’s just a cluster of cells.

Travis Bickle

The Field Marshal

Hopefully the police will shoot him dead before he can hurt anyone further.
And how does that benefit any subsequent investigation?

I note you made similar remarks in relation to the recent murder in Bray.

:roll:

New Threads

Most Replies