Arrangements for 1916 Rising Commemoration

holdini

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
35
Easter Sunday 16/04/2006 Ceremony at the General Post Office, Dublin and Parade

11.45am - Parade Begins

Parade departs from Dublin Castle via Dame Street
Parade arrives Westmoreland Street and halts.
Arrival of President at GPO


12.00 noon - GPO Ceremony Begins

National Flag lowered on roof of G.P.O.
Army Officer reads Proclamation
Taoiseach invites President to lay a wreath
President lays a wreath
Minute’s silence observed in memory of all those who died
National Flag raised to full mast
National Anthem

Parade Continues
Parade continues through O’Connell Street on to Parnell Square
 


FutureTaoiseach

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
7,980
Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Good except I am disappointed that:

A: No plans for gun-salute unlike 1966.

B: No plans for speeches. These could have been used to disassociate 1916 from the Provos and claim the legacy of 1916 for the State and the Irish Army.

Will you turn up for it shane?
 

duff

Active member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
111
I wonder will the branch be out harrasing the parade goers at this free state event. Like the scum do, at Republican commemorations.
 

Trojanhorse

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
93
duff said:
I wonder will the branch be out harrasing the parade goers at this free state event. Like the scum do, at Republican commemorations.


:roll:
 

duff

Active member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
111
Trojanhorse said:
duff said:
I wonder will the branch be out harrasing the parade goers at this free state event. Like the scum do, at Republican commemorations.


:roll:
Obviously you havent experienced a moment with the nice guys of the special detective unit. Who even had time to harass myself while walking along the road with a two year old kid.
 

Trojanhorse

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
93
As far as I know everyone is welcome, SF included.
 

newFF

Member
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
23
duff said:
Trojanhorse said:
duff said:
I wonder will the branch be out harrasing the parade goers at this free state event. Like the scum do, at Republican commemorations.


:roll:
Obviously you havent experienced a moment with the nice guys of the special detective unit. Who even had time to harass myself while walking along the road with a two year old kid.
How is it people not aligned with terrorist groups never seem to have experienced a moment with special detective unit?
 

DSCH

Active member
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
246
duff said:
I wonder will the branch be out harrasing the parade goers at this free state event. Like the scum do, at Republican commemorations.
In fairness the "free state" bash is likely to be a tad more upmarket that your fringe republican effort. Why it might even get the blessing of a cardinal. :wink:
 

duff

Active member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
111
newFF said:
duff said:
Trojanhorse said:
duff said:
I wonder will the branch be out harrasing the parade goers at this free state event. Like the scum do, at Republican commemorations.


:roll:
Obviously you havent experienced a moment with the nice guys of the special detective unit. Who even had time to harass myself while walking along the road with a two year old kid.
How is it people not aligned with terrorist groups never seem to have experienced a moment with special detective unit?
Im not aligned to any 'terrorist' group. I am a Republican activist.
 

Gladstone

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
420
Funny everytime I hear someone use the terms "activist" or "direct action" is usually means thuggary.
 

holdini

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
35
FutureTaoiseach said:
Good except I am disappointed that:

A: No plans for gun-salute unlike 1966.

B: No plans for speeches. These could have been used to disassociate 1916 from the Provos and claim the legacy of 1916 for the State and the Irish Army.

Will you turn up for it shane?
I'll be there; maybe some P.ie people should arrange to meet up after the event. Anyone who is going sure leave a message on this thread and we'll sort out something.
 

duff

Active member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
111
Gladstone said:
Funny everytime I hear someone use the terms "activist" or "direct action" is usually means thuggary.
Shows that you dont know much then.
 

dmc333

New member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1
Its funny, Republicans of 1916 stood united now all we seem to do is claw each others eyes out.
 

holdini

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
35
dmc333 said:
Its funny, Republicans of 1916 stood united now all we seem to do is claw each others eyes out.
We are have the same aim, but we just see different ways of acheiving it. Those who uphold the Republican Ideal must not succumb to the age old British tactic of "Divide and Conquer".
 

Trojanhorse

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
93
dmc333 said:
Its funny, Republicans of 1916 stood united now all we seem to do is claw each others eyes out.
ah well im sure that s not strictly true!!


Anyway it should be a great day for ALL nationalists and Republicans. Ill be there myself, sacrificing Easter Sunday with the family.

The Annual FF 1916 Commeration at Arbour Hill takes place Sunday the 23rd of April at 12.30 at Arbour Hill Church.
 

duff

Active member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
111
dmc333 said:
Its funny, Republicans of 1916 stood united now all we seem to do is claw each others eyes out.
The people organising this event are not Republicans.
 

duff

Active member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
111
Gladstone said:
duff said:
dmc333 said:
Its funny, Republicans of 1916 stood united now all we seem to do is claw each others eyes out.
The people organising this event are not Republicans.
:roll: :roll: grow up :roll: :roll:
Wow great response. I guess the truth hurts though.
 

32

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
84
I will wear my easter lily with pride, and won't be attending this charade.

A fool would notice that this is only Bertie showboating because the Shinners have eaten into his vote. Nicky Kehoe gave him a scare, and now
Mary Lou is a virtual shoe in in Dublin Central.

I would love to believe that Bertie is genuine, but I have little regard for a man who describes himself as an Irish republican on the one hand, and then talks about some place called 'Northern Ireland' (sic) on the other hand. Such British created euphemisms shouldn't be in the mouth of an Irish republican.
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top