• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Arrogance at it's Best - Fianna Gael GE April 8, 2016

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
God almighty the loonies have made my day again. They actually think they will get in again for another 5 year term after giving the country a second dose of Fine Fail, austerity, lies, waffle and misery. And the sum total of their thoughts are on winning another election so as they can grab the headlines and parade down O'Connell Street.

The political class of this country is the reason we are in the mess that we are, decades of parish pump gombeenism, jumped up no-no's heading to Dublin to pick up a merc and pension for life. Are we not just tired of it all at this stage? Can we not come up with a better system? Should we not now at this time in our countrys history put the civil war bill+Ben parties aside and have an independent group of real Irish people at the helm.

I think we have been blindly led for decades on issues and only wake up when the story turns foul. It also worries me that there seems to be no end to the two-horse trick that is Fianna Gael+Fine Fail

Party strategists have worked out the actual dates for a general election campaign by stretching the rules to the limit. Although the Labour Party is deliberately casting doubt over the future of the Government, their coalition partners are looking ahead to April 8, 2016 as polling day in the next general election.

Moreover, Taoiseach Enda 220'000kpa Kenny yesterday committed the Government to seeing out its full five-year term. Dismissing suggestions of the government parties being at odds over a bank debt deal, Mr Kenny said that the Coalition was not in jeopardy. However, the approach to securing a debt deal and drafting abortion laws still present sensitive challenges to the Government.

Fine Gael plans date for next general election - National News - Independent.ie

Aindriu

Hopefully the arrogant tw@ts won't last until the end of this year.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Saw this earlier and thought exactly the same - arrogance. The thing that stood out for me was that FG appear to have planned it with the aim of catching a boost from the centenary of 1916.

Sync

If you don't think there's an end to FG+FF then how can you say they're "loony" for thinking they'll get in for another term?

Who do you think will form the next govt?

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
If they decide to (and can) go full term it would put the 1916 centenary right in the middle of an election campaign. I'm not sure that good for any party but it would certainly help avoid the jingoistic nonsense of 1966.

tigerben

Some one should tell them the old saying" The best laid schemes of mice and men" don't always go according to plan!

sic transit

Breaking news Government party may go its whole term. In other news I nearly hit a crow today but thankfully I didn't.

Aristodemus

The thought of Willie O'Dea back in office just sent a shiver down my spine.

sic transit

Spanner Island

Listening to Kenny yesterday on various issues reminded me of the eFFing traitors at their worst...

My levels of dislike for Kenny & Co. are approaching those I have for the eFFing traitors... which is very surprising to me... although I doubt I'll ever despise any political party as much as I do the eFFing traitors...

Kenny is giving them a run for their money though... no doubt about it...

The body politic in this dump and the political 'system' is rotten to the core, littered with arseholes and should be ripped apart and rebuilt from scratch...

Grumpy Jack

This site really is full of the dumbest of Ireland's dumbfvcks.

Govt elected for five-year term intends to see out five-year term to the end.

What exactly is 'arrogant' about that?

I don't remember such 'arrogant' claims when Bertie Ahern and FF served out two full-five year terms.

For the umpteenth time I must point out that for a site called Politics.ie, very few of the posters here have the first fvcking clue about politics.

Anyone with the slightest understanding of Irish politics and basic arithmetic could have spotted that a full five-year term would see FG-Lab still in government when the 1916 celebrations take place.

deepness

Listening to Kenny yesterday on various issues reminded me of the eFFing traitors at their worst...

My levels of dislike for Kenny & Co. are approaching those I have for the eFFing traitors... which is very surprising to me... although I doubt I'll ever despise any political party as much as I do the eFFing traitors...

Kenny is giving them a run for their money though... no doubt about it...

The body politic in this dump and the political 'system' is rotten to the core, littered with arseholes and should be ripped apart and rebuilt from scratch...
Have to agree.

This government in my mind are absolutely no better than what went before them. Yesterday was only one example./. Reilly, the horse burgers etc... They are making a complete hames of things..

Problem is ( and this is no reason for keeping the current shower)... who next. FG/FF/Labour are no longer an option for alot of people...so who next?

sic transit

I don't remember such 'arrogant' claims when Bertie Ahern and FF served out two full-five year terms.

For the umpteenth time I must point out that for a site called Politics.ie, very few of the posters here have the first fvcking clue about politics.
Nice to see you live up to your name! :D

statsman

Anyone with the slightest understanding of Irish politics and basic arithmetic could have spotted that a full five-year term would see FG-Lab still in government when the 1916 celebrations take place.
This.

emulator

If you don't think there's an end to FG+FF then how can you say they're "loony" for thinking they'll get in for another term?

Who do you think will form the next govt?
I suspect that will be decided after the election, once the people have had their say.

Sync

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Burnout would be on making equally fatuous rants if it were FF doing it.

statsman

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Burnout would be on making equally fatuous rants if it were FF doing it.
I suspect that would be the case if nobody was doing it.

H.R. Haldeman

a second dose of Fine Fail

Wow, people have short memories. You can bankrupt a country, give away its sovereignty, bribe electorates with fake money on the eve of 3 elections in a row, you can tell people to commit suicide if they don't buy property...and blah, whatever, it's only as bad as the next lot or the last lot. Ridiculous. A total failure of critical thinking.

The other element to this kind of accusation is that it shows a painful lack of awareness about the profundity of our problems. Like they could all be fixed with a bit of trace competence in 2 years. Jesus H. Christ. The main reason the government are struggling so much and making so many mistakes is because things are so utterly banjaxed.

That is not Enda Kenny or Eamon Gilmore's fault. Michael Noonan and Joan Burton aren't on golf courses in Florida "earning" €150,000 a year on the State. Brendan Howlin isn't planning to boost spending with borrowed money 6 months before the next GE. None of them are standing on the back of a truck singing songs as a bank run happens across the road, or guaranteeing 400% of our national wealth in a blind panic.

Please, some bloody perspective.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies