Arthur Ccx and their bonding weekend...Thanks Taxpayer!

Oldira1

While most of us are trying to makes ends meet and many businesses are hanging on by their fingernails, over 50 of the staff of Arthur Cox solicitors (470 per hour discount rate) are having a ball in the Shannon Oaks in Portumna courtesy of the taxpayer. Not alone is their transport and accomodation taken care of, and paintballing session organised but the sum of €3,000 was left behind the bar to pay for alcohol. No doubt some people here will see no problem in this but this is the firm that have robbed us blind for so called advice on the bank bailouts, have submitted tenders for NAMA work and came looking for more than double their tender price and charge the state €260 per hour for juniors that make the tea and carry the laptops. So wander down to Portumna this weekend and have a look at the scumbags that are robbing the country blind and get angry. Get very very angry.l

commonman

While most of us are trying to makes ends meet and many businesses are hanging on by their fingernails, over 50 of the staff of Arthur Cox solicitors (470 per hour discount rate) are having a ball in the Shannon Oaks in Portumna courtesy of the taxpayer. Not alone is their transport and accomodation taken care of, and paintballing session organised but the sum of €3,000 was left behind the bar to pay for alcohol. No doubt some people here will see no problem in this but this is the firm that have robbed us blind for so called advice on the bank bailouts, have submitted tenders for NAMA work and came looking for more than double their tender price and charge the state €260 per hour for juniors that make the tea and carry the laptops. So wander down to Portumna this weekend and have a look at the scumbags that are robbing the country blind and get angry. Get very very angry.l
there is violence in the air my friend ,and that is where we are going ,sad to say. the people are at breaking point

livingstone

Oh come on! How much of Arthur Cox' revenue, much less profit, comes from state contracts? Do you know? Probably not. I don't either, by the way, but I'm not the one making out that the spending decisions of a private company have been made possible soley from state revenue.

Secondly, who forced the Government to seek advice from Arthur Cox? What's that? No one? No one held Brian Lenihan down and told him to get legal advice from the AGs office instead? No one forced this Government to waste taxpayers money on endless reports and advice that was designed more to provide a buffer between politicians and decision-making than to reach correct decisions?

Arthur Cox, as any company would, charged what customers were willing to pay. And their customer was FF who was only too willing to spend taxpayers money. If you want to get angry, get angry at the consumer, i.e. FF. And if you want to get even angrier, get angry about the 42% of the public who elected them despite a well established record of wasting money. And if you want to get even angrier than that, get angry at the one in five who still say they would vote for them.

This thread is a scapegoating exercise. There are two groups and two groups alone who are responsible for where we are - FF and those who voted for them/especially those who would do so again. Let's not forget that.

Cassandra Syndrome

Thanks for the tip off. I have notified the local East Galway militia, who are very eager to join in...

Cassandra Syndrome

Oh come on! How much of Arthur Cox' revenue, much less profit, comes from state contracts? Do you know? Probably not. I don't either, by the way, but I'm not the one making out that the spending decisions of a private company have been made possible soley from state revenue.

Secondly, who forced the Government to seek advice from Arthur Cox? What's that? No one? No one held Brian Lenihan down and told him to get legal advice from the AGs office instead? No one forced this Government to waste taxpayers money on endless reports and advice that was designed more to provide a buffer between politicians and decision-making than to reach correct decisions?

Arthur Cox, as any company would, charged what customers were willing to pay. And their customer was FF who was only too willing to spend taxpayers money. If you want to get angry, get angry at the consumer, i.e. FF. And if you want to get even angrier, get angry about the 42% of the public who elected them despite a well established record of wasting money. And if you want to get even angrier than that, get angry at the one in five who still say they would vote for them.

This thread is a scapegoating exercise. There are two groups and two groups alone who are responsible for where we are - FF and those who voted for them/especially those who would do so again. Let's not forget that.
Arthur Cox, advises the government all the time. They are also solicitors for many of the lucky developers in NAMA. Conflict of Interest? Coincidence that the government advisers get the NAMA gig? How many companies in the current environment could afford this?

This is classic Feudalism. They have nothing but contempt for us, but feel free to defend them.

Future

Seriously Arthur COx submitted a tender for the contract which could have been accepted or rejected by both the Department of Finance and NAMA. I'd blame the latter before Arthur Cox.

jerry springer

very well put .The sooner the people in this country start taking some responsability for there votes the better .

Why do we allways want to blame someone else for the crap we are in.
42% voted for what we have running and looking after our affairs for us for the last 20 years ,

Right is right

So how do you know this is coming out of taxpayers money??? Are you saying that private companies can't charge what they like for doing work??? The problem if you have one is that the idiots in the PS agreed to pay it, that isn't Arthur Cox's fault

ManOfReason

Seriously Arthur COx submitted a tender for the contract which could have been accepted or rejected by both the Department of Finance and NAMA. I'd blame the latter before Arthur Cox.
Yes because these tenders ensure there is no cronyism going on in getting government contracts - if you believe that, I've got a cheese mountain I'd like to sell you.

Cassandra Syndrome

very well put .The sooner the people in this country start taking some responsability for there votes the better .

Why do we allways want to blame someone else for the crap we are in.
42% voted for what we have running and looking after our affairs for us for the last 20 years ,
32% of the German population voted in Adolf Hitler in 1932. Are they responsible then for evils of the 3rd Reich?

Should they not all be punished for that?

We have let them dictate not only our Monetary policy for the past 11 years but now our fiscal policy. Are you not outraged at this turn of events by your moral voter hazzard logic?

Should they take responsibility for the horrors that happened under the 3rd Reich, and be isolated from any form of the say in the international affairs for the thousand year Reich that they voted for to begin with?

roc_

Arthur Cox are part of 'the family'.

Loyalty above all else.

Future

Yes because these tenders ensure there is no cronyism going on in getting government contracts - if you believe that, I've got a cheese mountain I'd like to sell you.
Who is allowing the cronyism to happen only the government departments and organisations?

The government shoul go to some of the Magic Circle firms in London and show the Irish guys they won't automatically get the work. But they won't.

Arthur Cox are only taking advantage of the crappy system that exists. Its not their fault that they are getting overpaid. Would you turn down double your wages if it was given to you even if you didn't deserve it? Me thinks the answer is you'd grab it with both hands.

Franzoni

I agree with one of the earlier posters..the people are at breaking point and stuff like this and the 'let them eat cheese' debacle will send people over the edge

livingstone

Cassandra, no, but the 32% who voted for Hitler should accept that the horrors that befell their country were facilitated by them. Unlike Hitler, there has been no 'power grab' by FF. Everything they did between 1997 and 2007 were rewarded by a willing public, and everything they are continuing to do is still being rewarded by 20% of people who would still vote for them.

I still fail to see who in Arthur Cox forced the Government to avail of their services? Or did they, like every other company would, charge what the client was willing to pay. In which case, blame the client, not the company.

Franzoni

Who is allowing the cronyism to happen only the government departments and organisations?

The government shoul go to some of the Magic Circle firms in London and show the Irish guys they won't automatically get the work. But they won't.

Arthur Cox are only taking advantage of the crappy system that exists. Its not their fault that they are getting overpaid. Would you turn down double your wages if it was given to you even if you didn't deserve it? Me thinks the answer is you'd grab it with both hands.
Would you ever cop on and come up for air.....

8thwicket

Have to agree with an earlier poster, nobody forced the government to go to arthur cox for advice. Arthur cox are a private business who were approached by the government to do work for them, the government know what their prices are, they are solely to blame.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies