As Eire can't afford Easter Rising surrender letter should the Orange Order buy it for them.

death or glory

Just noticed an article in Newspaper about the failed Easter rising and a hand written letter by Patrick Pearse going for sale on auction and the Irish state not being able to afford it.
I was wondering as a gesture of goodwill should the Orange Order buy it and put it in our orange order museum at our headquarters.
It would be good for comical value alone as a grouping whose battle cry is "No Surrender" to have an Easter rising surrender letter as a showpiece and could draw a larger audience.

Patrick Pearse surrender letter set to fetch

Swords,
eat your heart out son.

between the bridges

Jaysus but thon is expensive bog roll...

death or glory

Jaysus but thon is expensive bog roll...
Sure we have loads off money, so I think for comedy value alone we should buy it.
If I propose it at the next lodge meeting, BTB will you second it?

death or glory

death or glory

The Trump card is it. Who are y'all going to trade with when he starts putting up tariffs and undermining free trade across the world
I'm sure the good auld British Commonwealth trade links can be rekindled.
Maybe you would donate to our "No Surrender, but we'll buy a surrender letter" campaign.

PeaceGoalie

Just noticed an article in Newspaper about the failed Easter rising and a hand written letter by Patrick Pearse going for sale on auction and the Irish state not being able to afford it.
I was wondering as a gesture of goodwill should the Orange Order buy it and put it in our orange order museum at our headquarters.
It would be good for comical value alone as a grouping whose battle cry is "No Surrender" to have an Easter rising surrender letter as a showpiece and could draw a larger audience.

That would be a great wind up right enough. Then you could threaten to wipe your backside with it unless Adams took a lie detector.
Swords,
eat your heart out son.

hollandia

Maybe you would donate to our "No Surrender, but we'll buy a surrender letter" campaign.
Why would you need to donate. Apparently you have more money than the Irish govt...

If you're gonna troll, at least troll consistently. D minus.

death or glory

Why would you need to donate. Apparently you have more money than the Irish govt...

If you're gonna troll, at least troll consistently. D minus.
You have to keep topping up the piggy bank or it'll soon empty.
Would you come to our Orange museum to see it?

mac tíre

J
Well, it would certainly bring many, many more visitors to your museum of untruths.

Though it would never happen. They couldn't fly the flag of Ireland with the others there, so they would hardly have this document there. The OO are also as stingy as fúck so wouldn't fork out any loot for it.

If you want, however, I will send you a big Proclamation of the Irish Republic, free of charge, for your museum of untruths.

death or glory

Well, it would certainly bring many, many more visitors to your museum of untruths.

Though it would never happen. They couldn't fly the flag of Ireland with the others there, so they would hardly have this document there. The OO are also as stingy as fúck so wouldn't fork out any loot for it.

If you want, however, I will send you a big Proclamation of the Irish Republic, free of charge, for your museum of untruths.
Thank but no thanks MAC,
We don't waste money on Irish translators so our museum visitors wouldn't appreciate it.

mac tíre

Thank but no thanks MAC,
We don't waste money on Irish translators so our museum visitors wouldn't appreciate it.
Tsk, tsk, it's in the English language, DOG.

In saying that, your visitors would probably need English translated, too.

:lol:

death or glory

Tsk, tsk, it's in the English language, DOG.

In saying that, your visitors would probably need English translated, too.

:lol:
the irish proclaimation is in English, would you adam and eve it, have youse no shame.

I notice in the letter we might buy that he writes in English as well, what sort of Irish patriots do you have?

Ireniall

Yes the Commonwealth -and I see it has recently expanded to include Mozambique and Rwanda and sure perhaps Zimbabwe might be re-admitted soon too!

death or glory

Yes the Commonwealth - and I see it has recently expanded to include Mozambique and Rwanda and sure perhaps Zimbabwe might be re-admitted soon too!
Maybe,
and you know if youse beg hard enough we might accept your former colony.

mac tíre

Yes the Commonwealth -and I see it has recently expanded to include Mozambique and Rwanda and sure perhaps Zimbabwe might be re-admitted soon too!
Well, the way the £ is going it'll soon be on a par with the Mozambican Metical. :p

Enigma Variations

Sure we have loads off money, so I think for comedy value alone we should buy it.
If I propose it at the next lodge meeting, BTB will you second it?
Hey DOG you're full of big talk about money, but one look at your Orange Hall in Omagh tells you all you need to know. It's an absolute shambles of a building, crying out out for even the most modest maintenance with even weeds growing out of cornices every summer. To be honest your order should be ashamed of themselves in allowing a hall in such a prominent location right in the town town centre to become a dilapidated eyesore like that.

Irish-Rationalist

Swords,
eat your heart out son.
If you were an ornj man with a pair of bollocks, you'd have the 1916 proclamation tattooed on your chest.

Just think of the uniqueness.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies