• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

ASAI censor Meteor.

Clanrickard

PC madness back to the fore Complaint over Meteor ad upheld - The Irish Times - Wed, Jan 23, 2013 Transgendered people ie men who dress as women in this case are all offended by their ads. The ASAI an outfit that needs to flex its muscles now again have upheld the complaint. This bit is the real clincher for me................
When the signal becomes clear his "perfect mate" turns out to be a man wearing a white frilly dress, red lipstick and a blonde wig with a flower clipped to the side.

The committee found that the reaction of the man on seeing his "perfect mate" was to "recoil in a manner that portrayed a very negative message in relation to the person depicted in the photograph".
No kiddin because a man dressed as a woman is perfectly normal. :rolleyes:

EvotingMachine0197

Stupid ad, stupid complaint and stupid decision. Definitely a case of much ado about nothing.

Morgellons

Just ignore it Clan. It's not really that important anyway. Some social science graduate, probably female gets a job in a quango because she knows someone. It's going on everywhere these days. As I say just ignore it and keep sane and healthy.

Half Nelson

Don't you mean 'censure'?

But yes, somebody needs a sense of humour.

Con Gallagher

Good, it's about time that ad. was taken to task. It was needlessly offensive and targeted a vulnerable group in society. Free speech should not a used to promote hatred of any social group for commercial gain.

Clanrickard

Just ignore it Clan. It's not really that important anyway. Some social science graduate, probably female gets a job in a quango because she knows someone. It's going on everywhere these days. As I say just ignore it and keep sane and healthy.
I'll try.

Good, it's about time that ad. was taken to task. It was needlessly offensive and targeted a vulnerable group in society. Free speech should not a used to promote hatred of any social group for commercial gain.

jpc

One quango that needs to have its funding slashed if this is the level of their output.

Con Gallagher

One quango that needs to have its funding slashed if this is the level of their output.
For doing its job?

The advertisement caused widespread offence in the transgendered community and the ASAI upheld two complaints of its voluntary code. The first states that advertisements should not cause offence on several grounds including sexual orientation. The second states that such groups should not be subject to “ridicule or offensive humour”.

sadmal

So what's with the sexist "probably female"? Jobs for the boys don'y exist? They created the concept hence the name.

jpc

For doing its job?
Humourless poe faced apparatchiks looking for offence.
And they find it!
Would you believe it!
How many people objected by the way?

Tin Foil Hat

Stupid ad, stupid complaint and stupid decision. Definitely a case of much ado about nothing.
I don't think the ASAI have ever not held up a complaint about anything. They are by far the most spineless bunch of humourless, backward, dry-balled fukkwits that inhabit this land.
I don't understand why they are not just ignored.

Morgellons

So what's with the sexist "probably female"? Jobs for the boys don'y exist? They created the concept hence the name.
I couldn't care less, for me it's a non-issue and doesn't in any way impact on my quality of life. For all I know a poof got the job for sucking ****. Happier now?

storybud1

I must lodge an objection to false advertising also, like the Governments manifesto's before the last election - pack of lies, how's Frankfurt Eamon ?

I should also object to be lectured by yer man in the Aras who clearly got there with massive help by RTE and calls himself an intellectual ? FFS, moon howling loonies make more real sense.