Ask me anything about Islamic verses, terms, hadiths

_FARAH_

I see people are quite interested talking about Islam and they also quite ignorant. I dont claim I know everything complately but I know much more and true things for sure. I will update first post (this one) when a new information is added.

Lets start with some famous terms:

Kafir or Kaffir : This word was first used in Quran with its meaning in Quran. It originally means "hiding" or "covering" and its used in Quran as covering facts or hiding facts. It does not mean "non-Muslim" as its always mentioned or translated. There is no word in Quran that means "non-Muslim" in Arabic or any other languages. A non-Muslim may not be a kafir but a kafir is a non-Muslim for sure. Maybe this is why they make such a big mistake while translating it.

Happycamping

I am interested to learn more about Islam. What would the position be on non-muslims? Some on here claim that muslims want to wage war on and kill all non-muslims. Is this true?

firefly123

do ye not be starving during Ramadan and do ye not get fierce heartburn eating after dark like that. would ye not do it in December like?

_FARAH_

I am interested to learn more about Islam. What would the position be on non-muslims? Some on here claim that muslims want to wage war on and kill all non-muslims. Is this true?
As I said in the title, I will try to reply if you have any questions about verses, terms, hadiths. So its up to you to decide what does it mean.

amsterdemmetje

do ye not be starving during Ramadan and do ye not get fierce heartburn eating after dark like that. would ye not do it in December like?
Seen as a your a Firefighter what would you recommend for heartburn other than an oul Rennie?

Prester Jim

Seen as a your a Firefighter what would you recommend for heartburn other than an oul Rennie?
I am on elthroxine as my thyroid was destroyed by all the CT scans post cancer, causes heartburn/indigestion about 1-2 hours post taking it and calcium interferes with its absorbtion so I can't take rennies for four hours post thyroxine.
I find chewing gum deals with it nicely, saliva is alkaline so swalley-ing your own sorts out all but the worst heartburn.

PeaceGoalie

Mahound cutting the moon in half and ascending to heaven on a horse from Jerusalem, where he was never in his life, was a neat trick.
Are there any hadiths as to what a good f-k Aisha was? Can you cite the hadith on black men's penises or would you like me to do that for you?

darkhorse

You're wrong about Kafir for a start so I won't be taking any lessons from you thanks very much

[Kafir (Arabic: كافر‎‎ kāfir; plural كفّار kuffār; feminine كافرة kāfirah) is an Arabic term (from the root K-F-R "to cover") meaning "unbeliever", or "disbeliever". The term[1]alludes to a person who rejects or disbelieves in God and the teachings of the IslamicProphet Muhammad,[2] and denies the dominion and authority of God;[3] or otherwise does not heed the beliefs and prescriptions held by the religion of Islam.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafir

Prester Jim

I see people are quite interested talking about Islam and they also quite ignorant. I dont claim I know everything complately but I know much more and true things for sure. I will update first post (this one) when a new information is added.

Kafir or Kaffir : This word was first used in Quran with its meaning in Quran. It originally means "hiding" or "covering" and its used in Quran as covering facts or hiding facts. It does not mean "non-Muslim" as its always mentioned or translated. There is no word in Quran that means "non-Muslim" in Arabic or any other languages. A non-Muslim may not be a kafir but a kafir is a non-Muslim for sure. Maybe this is why they make such a big mistake while translating it.
Surely your interpretation would be specific to your branch of Islam? What specifically is your faith?

amsterdemmetje

I am on elthroxine as my thyroid was destroyed by all the CT scans post cancer, causes heartburn/indigestion about 1-2 hours post taking it and calcium interferes with its absorbtion so I can't take rennies for four hours post thyroxine.
I find chewing gum deals with it nicely, saliva is alkaline so swalley-ing your own sorts out all but the worst heartburn.
Didnt know you were unwell hope its all going well now:|
I usd to suffer terrible when i was younger with heartburn not so much now thank feck .
As for the OP may Allah help you as you just opened a door to a whole lotta dirtbirds.

former wesleyan

If as you say that you accept or recognise Jesus a prophet, which of his prophesies appear in the Quran ?

riker1969

Why are fundamentalist Muslims attacking people? I dont see Fundamentalist Christians not attacking people?! What about Christians in the middle east being attacked? Rarely reported.Why?

_FARAH_

Surely your interpretation would be specific to your branch of Islam? What specifically is your faith?
There is no branches in Islam. Branches are created after the death of the prophet. Its created based on stories which is named as "hadith" or "narration".

amsterdemmetje

Speaking of Ramadan when i worked in the Asylum Centers i was there one morning when it it finished myself and the other SG were invited to sit down with all the different lads form the ME who cooked up the most wonderful feast ,each one bringing something different to the table .I did have heartburn after that if i remember, twas worth it though.petunia

Wascurito

Folks, this could be an interesting and useful thread. Please don't be so dismissive.

_FARAH_

You're wrong about Kafir for a start so I won't be taking any lessons from you thanks very much

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafir
This is a false information and this mistake is done my many people. The word kafir derivers from kfr root and it means covering. Farmers are also called kafir because of they hides the seeds in the soil.

Wascurito

Farah, what do you think about the texts in the Quran that seem to support the idea the God/Allah awarded the Land of Israel to the Jews?

For example, there's Sura 5 Ayat 21 in which Allah instructs the Jews as follows:
O my people, enter the Holy Land which Allah has assigned to you and do not turn back and become losers.

FunkyBoogaloo

This is a false information and this mistake is done my many people. The word kafir derivers from kfr root and it means covering. Farmers are also called kafir because of they hides the seeds in the soil.
Are muslim women who wear the full veil called kafir too?

_FARAH_

Farah, what do you think about the texts in the Quran that seem to support the idea the God/Allah awarded the Land of Israel to the Jews?

For example, there's Sura 5 Ayat 21 in which Allah instructs the Jews as follows:
O my people, enter the Holy Land which Allah has assigned to you and do not turn back and become losers.

Allah wants them to enter current lands because he says there is a group of "zalimun" people. Zalimun derivers from zalama or şalamu root and means "bully", "unfair". So Allah wants Jews to fight against these bully people living in the region and rule over them with justice.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies