• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Assange arrested

Hillmanhunter1

The WikiLeaks founder, 47, was taken into custody after failing to surrender to the court in 2012.

Julian Assange has been arrested and removed from the Ecuadorian Embassy
A Metropolitan Police statement said: "He has been taken into custody at a central London police station where he will remain, before being presented before Westminster Magistrates' Court as soon as is possible.

"The MPS had a duty to execute the warrant, on behalf of Westminster Magistrates' Court, and was invited into the embassy by the Ambassador, following the Ecuadorian government's withdrawal of asylum."

willow68

Wow. We knew it was coming. I fully excpect Mr Assange to suddenly suffer the fate of so many thorns in the side of the Deep State : an unfortunate and sudden lethal event.

Buchaill Dana

I guarantee one thing. Any sanction he faces will be a lot less than 7 years inside.

Pyewacket

My goodness he looks so old.
Shockingly gaunt and wasted. Like many people who have lost weight, he seemed to have physically shrunk. 7 years without going outside under artificial light will do that. I imagine he is both mentally and physically very stressed.

jmcc

Wonder if he will be allowed to make any statements?

Hillmanhunter1

Scotland Yard has confirmed that Assange was arrested on behalf of the US after receiving a request for his extradition.

owedtojoy

Shockingly gaunt and wasted. Like many people who have lost weight, he seemed to have physically shrunk. 7 years without going outside under artificial light will do that. I imagine he is both mentally and physically very stressed.
.. and fairly stinky, too, I hear.

Mr Assange's failings in matters of personal hygiene were one of the problems faced by Ecuadorean Embassy staff.

I have no doubt Assange started as a white knight, but he turned into a main willing to work Vladimir Putin's agenda, and betray both democracy activists and anti-Taliban informants to terrible fates. Sometimes even with good people, power can go to their heads.

He can console himself at least that he dodged the Swedish rape charge, Whatever other crimes he committed, I hope he gets what he deserves.

Metropolitan Police remove smelly garbage from embassy - Lawyers, Guns & Money

Hitchcock

Mr Assange's failings in matters of personal hygiene were one of the problems faced by Ecuadorean Embassy staff.

I have no doubt Assange started as a white knight, but he turned into a main willing to work Vladimir Putin's agenda, and betray both democracy activists and anti-Taliban informants to terrible fates. Sometimes even with good people, power can go to their heads.

He can console himself at least that he dodged the Swedish rape charge, Whatever other crimes he committed, I hope he gets what he deserves.

How exactly was he working Putin's agenda?

jmcc

How exactly was he working Putin's agenda?
To HRC fanatics like Owede, Assange disclosed a lot of dirt on the Democrats. They seem to think that it was Putin's doing and have no ethical problems with the activities of these HRC campaign members.

Clanrickard

Hopefully the scumbag will get what's coming to him. An irresponsible narcissist.

Pyewacket

That's a rather snide comment to make. I saw the documentary made about him by Laura Poitras, who began as an admirer, and gradually developed doubts about Assange's motivations. It's a complex portrayal of a very complex man.

Pyewacket

To HRC fanatics like Owede, Assange disclosed a lot of dirt on the Democrats. They seem to think that it was Putin's doing and have no ethical problems with the activities of these HRC campaign members.
He disclosed what he had - that is what people fail to understand when they say "Why didn't he follow up every bombshell against the Democrats with one about Trump or Putin?"

Assange does not run an intelligence agency, he runs a drop box.

jmcc

And if he says. in court, that the Russians were not the sources on the activities of HRC and her gang? Could Trump provide a pardon and really upset the HRC activists in the media? Some people on P.ie would be very upset if that happened. :)