Assange arrested

jmcc

Rather than waiting for the turd munchers in the Irish media to recycle this, here is the official DOJ press release.

SweenyTodd

Julian Assange, founder of the government secret-leaking group WikiLeaks, admitted he’s a “big admirer” of former Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) and his son, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), for what he called “their very principled positions on abortion.” He spoke of their commitment to “non-violence,” highlighting the various ways in which he sees that commitment reflected in their political stances, including opposing abortion.

rainmaker

Administrator
Think before you post. Wikileaks is a drop box. If Russians are not prepared to use it, that is not Assange's problem.

What lives did he endanger? More than those the USA, KSA and their allies have bombed into buggery?
Assange has repeatedly targeted the U.S. and the U.K almost exclusively, he has endangered the lives of assets all over the world and done so seemingly in the service of his considerable ego. His site also has an ally in a Russian, holocaust denying Wikileaks associate.

He's also prone to unpleasantly anti Semitic outbursts himself:
..Assange went on to claim that Private Eye was "part of a conspiracy led by the Guardian which included journalist David Leigh, editor Alan Rusbridger and John Kampfner from Index on Censorship – all of whom 'are Jewish'".

"I pointed out that Rusbridger is not actually Jewish, but Assange insisted that he was 'sort of Jewish' because he was related to David Leigh (they are brothers-in-law)," writes Hislop.
Julian Assange 'Jewish conspiracy' comments spark row

Pyewacket

Rather than waiting for the turd munchers in the Irish media to recycle this, here is the official DOJ press release.

And that is the basis for extradition, which of course the British will comply with, as the relevant Treaties all work one way. Putting it in simple terms, if a US citizen engaged in a conspiracy to hack into a British govt computer, the British would not be in the same position when demanding that citizen be extradited to the UK to face charges there.

Assange is a Swedish national. Sweden has no treaties with the USA to allow extradition on such grounds at all.

This is a political dog and pony show. What has May promised the USA?

Pyewacket

Since when?
Since he is entitled to that nationality. I am slightly bored with your nitpicking focus and inability to deal with the global meaning of any post.

I ascribe it to rage that you secretly agree with many of my posts, but can't let the side down by acknowledging that. I will have to go on making you reflect that you don't understand every single poster by putting them into one of your tiny boxes.

artfoley56

And that is the basis for extradition, which of course the British will comply with, as the relevant Treaties all work one way. Putting it in simple terms, if a US citizen engaged in a conspiracy to hack into a British govt computer, the British would not be in the same position when demanding that citizen be extradited to the UK to face charges there.

Assange is a Swedish national. Sweden has no treaties with the USA to allow extradition on such grounds at all.

This is a political dog and pony show. What has May promised the USA?
not sure that's true; he was a Ecuadorian up to about 3 hours ago so will prob default back to Australian now

raspberry tea

One wonders why on earth nobody that has been named in WikiLeaks for corruption, criminal activities, tax dodging,offshore haven setup's, fake wars, and so on, hasn't been arrested , long before Assange?

Pyewacket

One wonders why on earth nobody that has been named in WikiLeaks for corruption, criminal activities, tax dodging,offshore haven setup's, fake wars, and so on, hasn't been arrested , long before Assange?
Well that is because they are the people who make the laws.

jmcc

Since he is entitled to that nationality. I am slightly bored with your nitpicking focus and inability to deal with the global meaning of any post.
Getting his nationality and citizenship right is kind of important. I believe that ordinary people refer to that as "being accurate". :)

raspberry tea

He gave the world Trump. He's a sex pest who dumped hacked info without a thought for the consequences. His buddy Israel Shamir is a holocaust denier and Assange is a Jewish conspiracy advocate.
I don't care if he is in with the jews or out with them, his personal opinions are his business, the only reason he his being arrested, is because of his WikiLeaks, look at what happened to Andrew bretibart who set up breitbart.com , he ''died'' under suspicious circumstances, it was an M15/CIA/ZIO freemason hit, his CORONER even was murdered soon after!

raetsel

Can you imagine how the story would be covered if it went like this , journalist releases documents that embarrasses the Kremlin or Tehran . Said journalist has to hide in embassy to avoid trumped up charges and suffers forced repatriation to moscow , where he faces certain imprisonment in brutal conditions

Can you imagine the outrage from the Red Tories..

But its ok when "the west" or "democracies" do it ...then its fine
Yep the rule of thumb here is: they may be bastards, but they're our bastards......................................

Pyewacket

Getting his nationality and citizenship right is kind of important. I believe that ordinary people refer to that as "being accurate". :)
It is, and it isn't, dear. Sweden argued they would not extradite him to the US, if he returned to face rape charges, because there is no Swedish Treaty with the USA which would allow them to do that. On the other hand, the British have an extradition Treaty with the USA which is a one-way street, and it does not matter what your nationality is, if you are caught by it.

This is what I mean by global understanding of a post. You are not coming across as au fait with the issues, merely having a pop at another poster.

Fritzbox

I believe Assange has Australian citizenship?

Pyewacket

I don't care if he is in with the jews or out with them, his personal opinions are his business, the only reason he his being arrested, is because of his WikiLeaks, look at what happened to Andrew bretibart who set up breitbart.com , he ''died'' under suspicious circumstances, it was an M15/CIA/ZIO freemason hit, his CORONER even was murdered soon after!
Of course. Look, everyone, Trump, Putin, May, Varadkar, Meghan Markle (!) does not want some wild-haired techie setting up a drop box in which people can post real information about what they are up to.

Pyewacket

That's a flawless American national security meme you got there
It's divine. We are talking about a country which launched a major war, on false pretences, that destabilised the ME and led to a huge refugee influx into Europe that destabilised their democracies, and resulted in the deaths of f*ucking millions.

But the techie with the funny hair is the mass murderer here.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom