Assange arrested

Sync

Conspiracy theory rubbish of course isn’t a reason for the UK to grant asylum. Maybe he can try his luck with the EU, which is probably a better bet for him than going the UK route.

Britain clearly won’t give it to him given his bail antics disqualifying him, so if he gets off extradition, just get to Ireland or France and try your chances.

middleground

Julian Assange denied bail. He is not a Covid-19 risk but is an abscond risk. Can anyone be held accountable if he dies in prison?

Sync

Yes. Julian Assange for behaving in a way that makes it impossible to support his release.

I'm all for releasing all non-violent criminals and those without a history of no-showing for court/prison/police check in dates.

He was released before. He ran. He successfully evaded justice in one country, denied alleged raped their chance to confront him in court, cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to the poor suckers who put his bail up and cost the tax-payer millions in policing costs.

He stays until his extradition hearing concludes, then depending on how that goes you extradite him to the US or deport him to Australia at the first safe opportunity.

middleground

Yes. Julian Assange for behaving in a way that makes it impossible to support his release.

I'm all for releasing all non-violent criminals and those without a history of no-showing for court/prison/police check in dates.

He was released before. He ran. He successfully evaded justice in one country, denied alleged raped their chance to confront him in court, cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to the poor suckers who put his bail up and cost the tax-payer millions in policing costs.

He stays until his extradition hearing concludes, then depending on how that goes you extradite him to the US or deport him to Australia at the first safe opportunity.
How long has he been in jail, can he consult freely with his legal team, what was he found guilty of or does none of that matter because he revealed murders by our boys. You don't support justice do you.

Sync

How long has he been in jail, can he consult freely with his legal team, what was he found guilty of or does none of that matter because he revealed murders by our boys. You don't support justice do you.
He was found guilty of breaching the bail act. He's been in jail for less than a year. Another country is seeking to extradite him. He can't get bail because he's previously breached the bail act. I do support justice. That's why I don't think people who have breached bail previously should be afforded a second chance.

middleground

He was found guilty of breaching the bail act. He's been in jail for less than a year. Another country is seeking to extradite him. He can't get bail because he's previously breached the bail act. I do support justice. That's why I don't think people who have breached bail previously should be afforded a second chance.
The analogies that reminds me of would be if Saudi Arabia had found Jamal Khasoggi guilty of not visiting one of their consulates or if turkeys were punished for not eating well in December.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies