Asylum seekers seek driving licenses

Dame_Enda

After the (limited) right to work was granted by the SC and the govt, now the Soros funded Immigrant Council for Ireland are demanding the right to driving licenses. The NDLS has replied to a query that this is not allowed according to ORAC. The activists say that ORAC no longer exists (which is true - it was replaced with the International Protection Office (IPO) in 2016).

Would you support letting asylum seekers get driving licenses before their claims are decided upon? I am opposed to this. Its conceivable that they would do a runner in their vehicle to avoid deportation. Furthermore if they are terrorists this would be an increased danger.

razorblade

No because more illegal immigrants could be smuggled in that way like in the back of lorries for instance its only asking for more trouble.

tigerben

Whose going to pay for the car , driving lessons, insurance, tax , theory test ect.

Trainwreck

How about a 3 month maximum period under which they need to prove who they are and why they should qualify for asylum.

If it is decided to grant them leave to stay and as many driving licences as they can pay for themselves.

If not, send them back to their real homes and no driving required.

Also, one question. Who is going to foot the bill to pay for the expensive driving lessons now required to get an Irish licence? Who will provide them with cars to practice on.

And most importantly, where the fúck are these people going to get cars from? How are they going to afford to buy them? Tax them? Insure them? Run them?

Oh LOLz! Silly me.

Soros’ cheque book opens up only so long to get the taxpayer on the hook, and then he can move on to his next “project”.

Lambic

How could AS afford to operate a car if their income is 20 Euro approx per week?

I presume they plan to be taxi drivers?

razorblade

Its a huge joke which has allowed to foster and the Irish people are being taken for mugs by the clueless government.

Trainwreck

This is transparent as glass and fits the MO of globalists.

Globalists believe there should be no borders whatsoever. Soros is one, but ironically, he has high walls and guards and security to keep you from just walking into his place. He decided who comes and goes.

And globalists love to facilitate illegal immigration, manipulate and redefine terms like “asylum seeker” and “refugee” etc.

Then they try to demand “rights” for those illegals. And one by one as this “rights” are secured; hey presto, the argument is over, these people who illegally entered, are too numerous and rooted into the country it is hard to reverse the process. In fact the border has essentially been removed.

The most humane and fair (for us as well as genuine asylum seekers) thing to do is have a massively expedited assessment and decision. That is the best way to address issues of long legal limbo periods for assylum applicants in Ireland. Not long periods where they are effectively allowed to become citizens because it is “only humane” to grant them all the rights of an Irish citizen due to the years or decades long process.

ShoutingIsLeadership

After the (limited) right to work was granted by the SC and the govt, now the Soros funded Immigrant Council for Ireland are demanding the right to driving licenses. The NDLS has replied to a query that this is not allowed according to ORAC. The activists say that ORAC no longer exists (which is true - it was replaced with the International Protection Office (IPO) in 2016).

Would you support letting asylum seekers get driving licenses before their claims are decided upon? I am opposed to this. Its conceivable that they would do a runner in their vehicle to avoid deportation. Furthermore if they are terrorists this would be an increased danger.
Somewhere, Jesus is weeping uncontrollably

ShoutingIsLeadership

This is transparent as glass and fits the MO of globalists.

Globalists believe there should be no borders whatsoever. Soros is one, but ironically, he has high walls and guards and security to keep you from just walking into his place. He decided who comes and goes.

And globalists love to facilitate illegal immigration, manipulate and redefine terms like “asylum seeker” and “refugee” etc.

Then they try to demand “rights” for those illegals. And one by one as this “rights” are secured; hey presto, the argument is over, these people who illegally entered, are too numerous and rooted into the country it is hard to reverse the process. In fact the border has essentially been removed.

The most humane and fair (for us as well as genuine asylum seekers) thing to do is have a massively expedited assessment and decision. That is the best way to address issues of long legal limbo periods for assylum applicants in Ireland. Not long periods where they are effectively allowed to become citizens because it is “only humane” to grant them all the rights of an Irish citizen due to the years or decades long process.
You're evidently fúcking mental

willow68

It is my understanding that their own driving licenses from their home countries are simply translated into European ones. Hence the diabolical driving/parking. Sure what could go wrong, they are to be our betters in every way. We'll just have to keep coughing up.

ruserious

Asylum seekers by definition have not yet been issued a status by the State as they are seeking refugee status. Therefore the State cannot ascertain or at least support the supposed identity of an individual asylum seeker. I don't know about you but I don't like the idea of somebody on the road who's identity has not been confirmed.

Dame_Enda

We need to avoid the failed policies of California and NY where this idea was used to allow illegals to vote with driving licenses as ID.

McTell

Twitter
No
After the (limited) right to work was granted by the SC and the govt, now the Soros funded Immigrant Council for Ireland are demanding the right to driving licenses. The NDLS has replied to a query that this is not allowed according to ORAC. The activists say that ORAC no longer exists (which is true -///

Well we can't, because if they crash into someone, and their application gets rejected, who is going to pay the compo?

brigg

A press release on behalf of the single Syrian men staying in Roscommon, protesting that families with children had been relocated before them, was interesting.
They lamented that if they had been born here, they would be all running companies by now. Very high expectations indeed.
Perhaps this is pure naivety on their parts. Perhaps our charities and NGOs have contributed to unrealistically raising their expectations by telling them how wonderful they are, and what they should be entitled to.
Either way, I found it strange and off putting.

https://youtu.be/U6bl32fNcA8

ShoutingIsLeadership

Asylum seekers by definition have not yet been issued a status by the State as they are seeking refugee status. Therefore the State cannot ascertain or at least support the supposed identity of an individual asylum seeker. I don't know about you but I don't like the idea of somebody on the road who's identity has not been confirmed.
That makes no sense. It's perfectly possible to have been identified before concluding the process, especially considering many are going through appeals

ruserious

That makes no sense. It's perfectly possible to have been identified before concluding the process, especially considering many are going through appeals
Some may be identified. Many aren't. Refugees have a status which confirms the State believes they are who they say they are. This is not true for asylum seekers as a whole. It would be foolish in my opinion to issue a State driving licence to somebody who's identity has not been confirmed.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies