At last, an Honest Broker on Climate Change: Pope Francis I

The OD

In the 1970s The Guardian promoted the idea that a new ice age is imminent πŸ˜‚

Now they promote global warming doomsday catastrophism πŸ˜‚
Extreme climate change can bring both.

blinding

That's not really an answer, is it?
Unless you trust absolutely nobody or nothing else. In which case, why single out the Catholic Church?
I take counsel from those that I respect or admire but I make my own decisions.

Why would I not do so.

owedtojoy

Wisely, Myself.
If you do not know who Richard Feynman is, check it out:

Richard Feynman. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself – and you are the easiest person to fool. ...... Richard Phillips Feynman (May 11, 1918 – February 15, 1988) was an American physicist.

blinding

If you do not know who Richard Feynman is, check it out:

Richard Feynman. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself – and you are the easiest person to fool. All mass is interaction. Richard Phillips Feynman (May 11, 1918 – February 15, 1988) was an American physicist.
Of course I know who Mr Feynman is .

And there isn't always something to be said for another Mass.

owedtojoy

Of course I know who Mr Feynman is .

And there isn't always something to be said for another Mass.
"Fools fool themselves".

If you do not test your conclusions against reality and evidence, then you really are fooling yourself.

Read the quotation from David Hume below. Hume was a famous skeptic, but he would consider all evidence, even including that of the Pope.

Half Nelson

The Catholic church cannot be trusted. Surely there is enough evidence of that for you.
You still can't say who or what you trust, apart from yourself.
Can we take it that you trust nobody or nothing and that the Church is just another on your long list?

owedtojoy

The Catholic church cannot be trusted. Surely there is enough evidence of that for you.
I know all about the Catholic Church, more than you, given that I spent most of my life outside the home up to age 17 in Catholic run schools.

This is not about the Catholic Church ... it is about the Pope's letters on Climate Change and the Amazon, valid opinions in the public domain about key global issues.

If you want to give use your ceaseless blether on the Catholic Church, start your own thread.

RasherHash

If Jordan Peterson could not prevent himself becoming a drug addict, why should anyone follow his Rules for LIfe, given that they failed miserably for him?
The Catholic Church have covered themselves in infamy for centuries, now you're championing their cause and running down a scientist πŸ™„

McTell

//

This is not about the Catholic Church ... it is about the Pope's letters on Climate Change and the Amazon, valid opinions in the public domain about key global issues.

If you want to give use your ceaseless blether on the Catholic Church, start your own thread.

But the pope is nothing without the church. They elect him, pay his bills and dress him up all fancy like. Even supply his headed notepaper.

Here he is band-waggon jumping in case he misses something, but he hasn't sold that gas guzzling pope-mobile yet, has he?

If anyone is such a simpleton or so needy as to believe any church's spiel, they're not going to make much headway with the arguments about global warming. Fact is, the gullible will sell their cars and watch as priests from all over the world zoom past in their jeeps on their way to the airport.

McTell

There's this long-ago guy called jesus who was a carpenter's son, with no concern at all for how many trees were cut down.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom