At least 4 dead as van runs over pedestrians in Toronto.

Wascurito

I've been keeping an eye on this story for the last while. At first, the news said that 10 were injured. Now, it seems that a number of those have died.

The driver fled the scene. CNN is suggesting that he has since been arrested.

ruserious

Eye witness said the van swerved to deliberately hit pedestrians.

RIP to the victims. Let's hope the perp is brought to justice.

Goa Tse

This thread is gonna be measured, reasonable and coherent, as threads of this particular nature on this site always are.

HenryHorace

Says on Twitter he's the usual suspect admiral Akbar.

GDPR

Was he dark-skinned? It might explain the lack of interest in the story if he wasn't, but I'm only speculating.

He was white. Imagine how Pie would have taken to its fainting couch at the thought of black d*ick. With a gun.

Wascurito

Was the perpetrator a member of the religion of peace?
You'll find some reports on Twitter about his ethnicity. I'm not going to post them here. It's too early to speculate.

former wesleyan

He was white. Imagine how Pie would have taken to its fainting couch at the thought of black d*ick. With a gun.
Maybe because the guy who grabbed his gun and took it off him didn't fit the white hero stereotype ?

Casablanca

It'll be interesting, given that we've two expressions of interest in the driver already on this thread, to compare and contrast the trends against the complete lack of interest in the Nashville killer (who incidentally seems to have been overpowered by an African American). Interesting times......

bormotello

[video=youtube;hd_fq3NiYy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_fq3NiYy8[/video]

GDPR

Maybe because the guy who grabbed his gun and took it off him didn't fit the white hero stereotype ?
OK, maybe it is just me but the thought of a buck nekkid guy walking into a waffle house and shooting people randomly - I knew immediately he was white.

Am I a racist?

Polybius

The white hero stereotype? The white straight male is despised by the media class and the twitterati. The black guy in Nashville who tackled the shooter got loads of coverage. You people are morons.

blinding

OK, maybe it is just me but the thought of a buck nekkid guy walking into a waffle house and shooting people randomly - I knew immediately he was white.

Am I a racist?
I don’t think you are too fond of white people . Are you White / Black / Blind . Maybe you are white and nobody has told you . You are sometimes blind drunk .

Wascurito

It'll be interesting, given that we've two expressions of interest in the driver already on this thread, to compare and contrast the trends against the complete lack of interest in the Nashville killer (who incidentally seems to have been overpowered by an African American). Interesting times......
I wasn't online much yesterday. I heard the Nashville story around 11 o'clock (am) and strangely enough, I didn't rush to the nearest PC to start a thread on P.ie. Because there was none nearby.

NYCKY

They are both big stories, some people who didn't care about Nashville suddenly care about it and use it to deflect from the other.

Others who care about Toronto didn't care about Nashville either but still don't.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies