At least 456 patients had lives 'shortened' at UK's Hospital of Death.

firefly123

Lovely reply!
sorry. I probably came across as harsh but it's very frustrating to arrive at a home to a family saying they want nothing done when your obliged to do something.
especially when the person is an end stage cancer patient.

the hospice system should be informing families what to do at end of life situations.

in Dublin the fire tender is manned by paramedics too. the CFR is not much use in that scenario.

Volatire

in amongst the blovating waffle your brain stem managed to make a point. it is wrong that we are obliged to commence resuscitation if we are called. it is not our choice and if we didn't do it no doubt a family member would claim against us.
Feel free to lobby your politicians to implement change.
A lot of bad stuff happens in this country because public servants do stuff they know is wrong because they feel "obliged".

Fear of being sued does not entitles paramedics to bring humiliation and degradation to a dying person. Concentration camp guards argued that they were "obliged" to push people into gas chambers. They were still held personally responsible for their actions.

Hard to believe that Irish state abuses people to their dying breath. I'll mention this to my TD next time I see them.

damus

sorry. I probably came across as harsh but it's very frustrating to arrive at a home to a family saying they want nothing done when your obliged to do something.
especially when the person is an end stage cancer patient.

the hospice system should be informing families what to do at end of life situations.

in Dublin the fire tender is manned by paramedics too. the CFR is not much use in that scenario.
You dont always think straight when you find a loved one dead on the floor. Dispatcher did say Ill leave it up to you in the end. Why do they automatically send out ambo rather than transferring call to Gardai & advise you need coroner.

Wascurito

Scary red banner headline on tomorrow's Sunday Times front page.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies