• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

eskrimador

The Ladfleg this has been messy for some time but it’s problems go back to its roots and it’s founder.

At a time when the media and the PSNI were ignoring and indulging the #Fleg protestors, LF saved the sanity of the decent but also did, as liberal sources always seem to do, promote boot boots and gobs far beyond any attention than they would have got, otherwise.

The dispute died and LF went on and then Wheaty revealed himself, thinking the media was awaiting him when the truth was, the NI media hated LF. He left LF and launched himself as a comedian, revealing the heavy lifting the rest of the LF team must have been doing.

With Whearty, a self described unionist, gone LF became more republican and soldiered on.

With the comedy career dying on day one Whearty’s partner,Barbara launched the couple as centrist, Hipster luvvies and joined the gob for hire set. They then entered the most treacherous industry, second to deep sea fishing in a landlocked country, and opened a cafe. Covid hit and it all seems to have gone breasts up. The unionist (let’s face it, loyalist) media, in the form of the News Letter and Bel Tel bounced and I can’t even tell you what happened because the journalism was so stained with bile.

So, in some fit of ignorance mixed with arrogance, they opened a second (remember, they have staff in their original gaff that hasn’t been paid for months) restaurant in Whitehead. Now, Whitehead looks lovely, a bit like the set from Rosie and Jim but it’s, infamously, marshalled by the UDA.

When this was revealed, loyalists and unionists dragged up Ladfleg, with articles hosted in the News Letter and 3 of its contributors, including 2 editors, targeting the Wheartys, a couple with a young baby.

Obviously, Stephen Nolan and William Crawley called out this targeted harassment and implied threat? Of course not.

With this bubbling, the Wheraty’s locked their Twitter accounts and John Paul ran off to one of the rags who were attacking him and exposed a, relatively, more successful comedian as a member of the LF team, which they published in their Sunday version.

The guy that JP revealed (curiously, a minor contributor compared to the others but that rising career, again) got serious heat and the Whearty’s unlocked their Twitter accounts but the tactic failed and it real world failed.

Now, the couple live (don’t fek’n start me) above their Whitehead restaurant and last night, it was attacked in the evening, while a baby was upstairs.

Obviously, this was all over BBCNI and Radio Ulster? Well, not so much. A cloud over Lisnaskea got more coverage. Barbara was a contributor to Talkback but hasn’t been on it for a while, no doubt falling out with the notoriously fickle Crawley but one would have thought he would have the decency to cover a couple, even if they are eejits, and their child.

Dame_Enda

Its "Whearty". He is from Dundalk originally.

I wasn't aware of this website until I saw the social media criticisms from the Newsletter and the flag protester Jamie Bryson.

The site seems a mix of satire (such as the music videos like "I didn't start the riot" and "The Fresh Prince of Belfast") and also exposing what Loyalists are saying on social media, particularly the racist posts about immigrants. Which seems legitimate because they did say those things. I guess with the satire its more in the eye of the beholder though, though personally I enjoy the songs.

former wesleyan

Used to be funny, as in witty, but now the Snigger Wing of the Provos.

raetsel

Used to be funny, as in witty, but now the Snigger Wing of the Provos.
I haven't looked at it in at least a year or two. It was funny in its early days but lost its sense of purpose over time, and there are only so many times that you can actually laugh at Jamie Bryson's contradictions.

devonish

I haven't looked at it in at least a year or two. It was funny in its early days but lost its sense of purpose over time, and there are only so many times that you can actually laugh at Jamie Bryson's contradictions.
Tend to agree although I'm uncomfortable with those in the media who manage to retain anonymity.

eskrimador

Surely this story proves why it is sometimes necessary

between the bridges

To start with I condemn the attack unreservedly.

As the OP points out LF became more republican and soldiered on. If LAD had taken the middle road (and it could have as for every PUL dick on social media there is a CNR dick on social media) it could have been a beacon to highlight the worst elements of our society. However it didn't and it didn't like that fact being pointed out, I lasted a day and half before being banned and haven't looked at it in donkeys years, It's easy to give it but like most that do they couldn't take the serve being returned...

McSlaggart

To start with I condemn the attack unreservedly.

As the OP points out LF became more republican and soldiered on. If LAD had taken the middle road (and it could have as for every PUL dick on social media there is a CNR dick on social media) it could have been a beacon to highlight the worst elements of our society. However it didn't and it didn't like that fact being pointed out, I lasted a day and half before being banned and haven't looked at it in donkeys years, It's easy to give it but like most that do they couldn't take the serve being returned...
How would you define what middle of the road means in this part of Ireland in the context of cultural values?

Mickeymac

Would you consider yourself middle of the road Mickey?

Much more a firm supporter of peace/justice/equality as agreed and outlined in the GFA which the Brits have been dragging their heels on, for example, last Euro/Assembly/WM elections unionist lost their majority so why Mr Britain is there no border referendum?

puffin

Much more a firm supporter of peace/justice/equality as agreed and outlined in the GFA which the Brits have been dragging their heels on, for example, last Euro/Assembly/WM elections unionist lost their majority so why Mr Britain is there no border referendum?
I would check that again.

puffin

No point on checking facts unless you are unionist who prefer to try and change them.
Why do you lie and make such an idiot of yourself?
[/QU0te
Hello Mickey, EU first preference election results, TUV 63,000, DUP124000, UKIP, 5,000, UUP, 53,000, these are Unionist votes. Now we have the Nationalist Republican votes, SF 126,000, SDLP, 78,000, Now we have the unaligned Alliance, 105,000, but who crucially at this moment in time, do not have a border poll in their Manifesto, first preference are applicable because a border poll would be a binary vote. Figures have been rounded down.Mickey try to be Civil.

Mickeymac

Now that you have determined “unaligned” voters as unionist😂😂😂 any other dopey explanations for the Assembly/Westminster elections, go for it puff and give us further laughs.😂😂😂

puffin

Last edited:
Last edited:
Now that you have determined “unaligned” voters as unionist😂😂😂 any other dopey explanations for the Assembly/Westminster elections, go for it puff and give us further laughs.😂😂😂
On the contrary, if you read my post again, I said one of the key policies which Alliance stood under was “no border poll at this time” to ignore that is profoundly undemocratic, unlike yourself I would not make presumptions as to what way they would vote, should the occasion arise.What is certain however is that according to EU election results, there not a mandate for a border poll, and if andwhen there is ,Alliance voters will decide the issue. If you continue to try to deflect by personal abuse, I will ignore any further comments you make, on this issue.

Splodge

On the contrary, if you read my post again, I said one of the key policies which Alliance stood under was “no border poll at this time” to ignore that is profoundly undemocratic, unlike yourself I would not make presumptions as to what way they would vote, should the occasion arise.What is certain however is that according to EU election results, there not a mandate for a border poll, and if andwhen there is ,Alliance voters will decide the issue. If you continue to try to deflect by personal abuse, I will ignore any further comments you make, on this issue.
Sadly for you the real Brits don’t want you anymore. The quicker you realise that the better.

Mickeymac

Once again puff you have displayed your gross ignorance of Irish politics, for starters, the APNI never stood on a ticket of Irish unity, they are fanatical supporters of the EU, always were and any fool can see they will jump at any opportunity handed to them to get back into the EU and the only way to do that is go for unification which guarantees their re-entry, surely you see that much.....and btw how many seats have unionists got in WM and Stormont now as against non unionist parties😂😂great stuff, watch this space at next year census results👍😂😂😂

puffin

Once again puff you have displayed your gross ignorance of Irish politics, for starters, the APNI never stood on a ticket of Irish unity, they are fanatical supporters of the EU, always were and any fool can see they will jump at any opportunity handed to them to get back into the EU and the only way to do that is go for unification which guarantees their re-entry, surely you see that much.....and btw how many seats have unionists got in WM and Stormont now as against non unionist parties😂😂great stuff, watch this space at next year census results👍😂😂😂
I cannot disagree with the facts of your argument, other than the assertion that for Alliance voters the EU Trumps the constitutional question, by the way there are small U Unionists in the Alliance party, my next door neighbour is one, I have been living on this Island for 65 years, but you are right I know nothing about Irish Politics. What do you think of Bidens pick.🏋🏾‍♀️

Mickeymac

I cannot disagree with the facts of your argument, other than the assertion that for Alliance voters the EU Trumps the constitutional question, by the way there are small U Unionists in the Alliance party, my next door neighbour is one, I have been living on this Island for 65 years, but you are right I know nothing about Irish Politics. What do you think of Bidens pick.🏋🏾‍♀️

Met Kamala twice, I believe she and Michelle/Mary Lou will get on fine in the transition period.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom