Aussie Flu

Cruimh

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hse-confirm-a-number-of-fatalities-and-73-hospitalisations-in-ireland-as-aussie-flu-takes-hold-36446897.html

D-Doc, North Dublin's out-of-hours GP service, has temporarily suspended its phone lines due to a high number of calls

The first flu deaths have been recorded in Ireland as the dreaded 'Aussie flu' sweeps the country.

Until last week there had been no reported deaths from flu so far this winter. However, the HSE has now confirmed a number of fatalities.
Conor McGregor's family hit with deadly 'Aussie flu' virus - Dublin Live

Warning issued as 'Aussie flu' hits the UK- here's the symptoms to look out for - Daily Post

I have the flu jab as my Immune system is wonky - How do the rest of you feel about the jab?
Have you had it?

Because of some of the hysteria in the past over Bird Flu and Swine Flu, for example, I think people are a bit sceptical, but by the sound of it this bug is worth taking seriously.

Eire1976

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hse-confirm-a-number-of-fatalities-and-73-hospitalisations-in-ireland-as-aussie-flu-takes-hold-36446897.html

Warning issued as 'Aussie flu' hits the UK- here's the symptoms to look out for - Daily Post

I have the flu jab as my Immune system is wonky - How do the rest of you feel about the jab?
Have you had it?

Because of some of the hysteria in the past over Bird Flu and Swine Flu, for example, I think people are a bit sceptical, but by the sound of it this bug is worth taking seriously.
Isn't there talk about the flu jab not being any good this year?

That is certainly worrying

Catalpast

Have you had it?

Drink plenty of Vitamin C :cool:

ger12

Catalpast

I got it anyway

- some protection is better than none

It cant stop you getting the Flu

- but it helps if you actually do get it

Cruimh

The Daily Telegraph was on about that:

Flu jab mutations mean injections are unlikely to protect against a key strain of the virus

Others point out that even 30% protection is better than nothing and that basic steps like staying away from work when unwell, hand washing and covered coughing will cut down on the spread.

From RTE

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2017/1231/930371-flu-vaccine/

Director of the HSE's Health Protection Surveillance Centre Dr Kevin Kelleher said the executive has been informed of a "small number of deaths directly related to influenza (less than ten)" in the last two weeks.

He said it is not too late for people at risk to get the vaccine and prevention is better than cure.

The HSE said that Australian flu season has been dominated by influenza A (H3N2) co-circulating with influenza B, but that the H3N2 is similar to the strain which dominated last year’s flu season in Ireland.

This strain of flu was included in the vaccine, which has been available in Ireland since September, for this flu season.

Volatire

A good, fatal flu pandemic is just what this country needs.

The country is over-run with whinging, ignorant geriatric bigots. These come in two flavours:

• religious, arch-Catholic loons creepily eager to tell young women what to do with their bodies.
  • ignorant lefties who feel entitled in their parasitism of the young, blissfully ignorant of their membership of a uniquely pampered post-war generation

Should the Aussie flu takes out the trash, Irish society will breath a secret sign of relief.

gatsbygirl20

The Daily Telegraph was on about that:

Flu jab mutations mean injections are unlikely to protect against a key strain of the virus

Others point out that even 30% protection is better than nothing and that basic steps like staying away from work when unwell, hand washing and covered coughing will cut down on the spread.
It is better to get the jab

I am supposed to have the flu jab because of an underlying illness. Of course I never get it.

I tell myself that this is because I have had serious life-threatening reactions in the past to certain injections.

But it is just laziness really.

We sometimes get excited about certain illnesses--swine flu... Aids back in the day... Aussie flu..

But the ordinary winter flu kills quite a few people every year and tends to go unremarkable upon.

We like to think of ourselves dying of something exotic and rare---an unusual allergic reaction to an injection, say--rather than pneumonia following a severe bout of flu

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No

The country is over-run with whinging, ignorant geriatric bigots. These come in two flavours:

• religious, arch-Catholic loons creepily eager to tell young women what to do with their bodies.
  • ignorant lefties who feel entitled in their parasitism of the young, blissfully ignorant of their membership of a uniquely pampered post-war generation

Should the Aussie flu takes out the trash, Irish society will breath a secret sign of relief.
Fair point. And of course the 'flu will ignore Bab-beh because they are protected constitutionally by the 8th amendment. So that's alright.

hoipolloi

But how do you ensure the "bug" discriminates and affects only the gob************************es?

gerhard dengler

Eire1976

The types that Flu does usually take out - Aged persons who have worked all their life, paid all their bills but get left and ignored when in retirement as their families are all too busy enjoying the benefits of the nation the older generation built.

If it would clear out those who contribute nothing and never have the intention, that would be some service.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
'Australian 'Flu! Sean Brady's house is thattaway'.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The types that Flu does usually take out - Aged persons who have worked all their life, paid all their bills but get left and ignored when in retirement as their families are all too busy enjoying the benefits of the nation the older generation built.

If it would clear out those who contribute nothing and never have the intention, that would be some service.
Unlikely. The Oireachtas would be first in line for treatment. Because they are vital, like. Despite much evidence to the contrary.

Cruimh

It is better to get the jab

I am supposed to have the flu jab because of an underlying illness. Of course I never get it.

I tell myself that this is because I have had serious life-threatening reactions in the past to certain injections.

But it is just laziness really.

We sometimes get excited about certain illnesses--swine flu... Aids back in the day... Aussie flu..

But the ordinary winter flu kills quite a few people every year and tends to go unremarkable upon.

We like to think of ourselves dying of something exotic and rare---an unusual allergic reaction to an injection, say--rather than pneumonia following a severe bout of flu
I take it in part because I have to take it to continue with my treatment..... otherwise I'd likely be the same as you

che schifo

If they're calling Aussie Flu, then best take it seriously. As they said about swine flu, "Nah, that's not a virus. THIS is a virus."

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies