• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

RodShaft

Thanks for that insight.
A sixty year old widower who marries a fifty-five year old woman also cannot 'go forth and multiply'.
Of course he can (just not with herself):lol:

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
The agitator is one Keysar Trad. Spokesperson for the famous Australian mufti who compared unveiled women to uncovered meat.

He was called out as a racist extremist on Australian radio. He took them to court. And lost.

flavirostris

It's unbelievable. These guys are literally agitating for first world, developed countries to accomodate & legislate for 7th century practices and they are winning. The first world countries are making concession after concession because of a desire for inclusivity and above all, the fear of being labelled racist.

Polygamy, FGM.. what next - sex slaves and paedophilia? No concessions to these cavemen on anything. Not Halal food preparation or Sharia. Nothing. Don't concede anything to these filthy barbarians.

McTell

So again another request by Muslims for a western country to bend their culture to accommodate cultural practices from the dark ages. ...

A lot of us would like multiple submissive wives. The children paid for by the state. That's just darwinian-style transmission of DNA surely.

silverharp

A lot of us would like multiple submissive wives. The children paid for by the state. That's just darwinian-style transmission of DNA surely.
it sounds like a head wreck in fairness , polygamy is a basic system to put some order on evolution in action or to deal with high warfare societies. the last thing we need in the west is muslim men being able to marry and import more muslim women

Mercurial

So again another request by Muslims for a western country to bend their culture to accommodate cultural practices from the dark ages. How would it even work, it wouldn't be equality unless everyone else could avail of it. Another imam chips in and says the guy is trying to misuse his religion.... lol .

A point not raised in the article but should polygamous muslim families be even allowed in to western countries? do we want the kids of these relationships growing up thinking this is a thing?

Muslim leader wants to marry second wife under Shariah law and she is fine with it | Daily Mail Online
Why are you opposed to it? (I mean, besides the fact that a Muslim has called for it.)

Mercurial

This will happen there and here and everywhere.

As will incestuous marriage and marriage to inanimate objects.

This is where "marriage equality" leads, as much as the Libtards wanted to deny it during the referendum. The writing is on the wall for marriage as an institution.
Do you have a timeframe in mind for any of this?

It's just that people like you have been making these kinds of absurd predictions ever since marriage equality was first introduced, well over a decade ago, and we have yet to see the destruction of western civilisation that it was supposed to bring about.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Why are you opposed to it? (I mean, besides the fact that a Muslim has called for it.)
I can't speak for silverharp, but for myself, I would be opposed to it because under all the supposed cultural and religious reasons, it all boils down to them (men of any religion or culture, include some breakaway sects of Mormonism who want polygamy) wanting to be able to have sex with multiple women because it would appear they view women as being somehow less than men.

I'd personally tell him that a compromise is available, that being one where he gets to share a marriage with one woman and several other men. I'd love to see the look on his face!

Anyway, Australia aren't known for giving credence to this sort of shyte so doubtful anything but lots of angry internet posts will be the extent of the 'fallout' of this request.

McTell

it sounds like a head wreck in fairness , polygamy is a basic system to put some order on evolution in action or to deal with high warfare societies. the last thing we need in the west is muslim men being able to marry and import more muslim women

Maybe but one-wife-one-man leads to mediocrity as well. It's OK if you're in the 1800s wild west prairie, oh except for the mormons.

What have we got against the mormons?

Also in gaelic times our chiefs had a wife and recognised concubines. I like the sound of that.

Clanrickard

So again another request by Muslims for a western country to bend their culture to accommodate cultural practices from the dark ages. How would it even work, it wouldn't be equality unless everyone else could avail of it. Another imam chips in and says the guy is trying to misuse his religion.... lol .

A point not raised in the article but should polygamous muslim families be even allowed in to western countries? do we want the kids of these relationships growing up thinking this is a thing?

Muslim leader wants to marry second wife under Shariah law and she is fine with it | Daily Mail Online
If we change marriage to mean two men or two women can get married then it is inevitable that other forms of marriage will be looked for.

Mercurial

I can't speak for silverharp, but for myself, I would be opposed to it because under all the supposed cultural and religious reasons, it all boils down to them (men of any religion or culture, include some breakaway sects of Mormonism who want polygamy) wanting to be able to have sex with multiple women because it would appear they view women as being somehow less than men.

I'd personally tell him that a compromise is available, that being one where he gets to share a marriage with one woman and several other men. I'd love to see the look on his face!

Anyway, Australia aren't known for giving credence to this sort of shyte so doubtful anything but lots of angry internet posts will be the extent of the 'fallout' of this request.
I agree that it's a sexist institution as it is normally practiced. It isn't obvious that that is sufficient to make it illegal though.

silverharp

I cant imagine the parenting standards would be very high , lets say "worst case" its 4 wives and 8? children, being Muslim the wives will probably be poorly educated and lets face it a university educated woman isn't going to go for this so I just see as an engine for for producing the next generation of backwardly raised kids

Trainwreck

If we change marriage to mean two men or two women can get married then it is inevitable that other forms of marriage will be looked for.
The debate has been had, supposedly.

Marriage can and should be anything that any individual wants it to be. Multiple people, relatives, animals, objects.

The same-sex ("marriage equality") argument wherever it is made, rests on a single axiom; an individual should not be denied the right to fulfill their own personal concept of love through legal marriage.

No form of "marriage" can now be denied on that axiom.

Mercurial

I cant imagine the parenting standards would be very high , lets say "worst case" its 4 wives and 8? children, being Muslim the wives will probably be poorly educated and lets face it a university educated woman isn't going to go for this so I just see as an engine for for producing the next generation of backwardly raised kids
Children of poor parents will tend to be less well off than children of rich ones. Is that a reason to ban poor people from marrying, in your view?

Mercurial

The debate has been had, supposedly.

Marriage can and should be anything that any individual wants it to be. Multiple people, relatives, animals, objects.

The same-sex ("marriage equality") argument wherever it is made, rests on a single axiom; an individual should not be denied the right to fulfill their own personal concept of love through legal marriage.

No form of "marriage" can now be denied on that axiom.
Fortunately what you describe above has no relation to the actual debates about same-sex marriage that take place in the real world.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom