Austria shifts to right as new coalition agreed.

storybud1

Guess that while all the happy-clappies were celebrating the election of the Green president in Austria, the shift to the right slipped right by them. Apparently the details of the deal between FPO and OVP will be announced tomorrow.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/1215/927777-austrian-government/
being saying this for years, let the libtards and liberal nazi's run riot and there will be a backlash,

thankfully Austria is being honest that it likes Austria to , well ,be Austrian and not some third world sh1thole,,

jmcc

being saying this for years, let the libtards and liberal nazi's run riot and there will be a backlash,

thankfully Austria is being honest that it likes Austria to , well ,be Austrian and not some third world sh1thole,,
Europe has been shifting to the right for at least five years or more. The signs have been subtle and the scum in Brussels have been so isolated that they never even saw it happening. The next EU parliament may be a rather different one to the current one.

flavirostris

Bad news for the EU and the globalists.

jmcc

Bad news for the EU and the globalists.
The other problem for the EU is the uncertainty over Germany's government even though SPD has agreed to new exploratory talks with the Merkelists.

olli rehn

Guess that while all the happy-clappies were celebrating the election of the Green president in Austria, the shift to the right slipped right by them. Apparently the details of the deal between FPO and OVP will be announced tomorrow.

I suppose it won't take long until this new government will go into self- destruct mode. Everybody remembers Joerg Haider, his Buberlpartie and how it all ended....

former wesleyan

Oh goody…Nazis in Austria.

Dame_Enda

Will Van der Bellen be able to resist obstructing the new govt?

olli rehn

Will Van der Bellen be able to resist obstructing the new govt?
He just has to sit back and watch. There is always the old banana skin lurking around and the next scandal is only a few newspaper editions away. Kurz is just a windbag and his new buddy is not much better.
I think Austria can handle this very well. The EU will not break up. And neither the Euro.Not even in a matter of days.
And plenty of "Moozies" will keep walking through the gates of Vienna!

valamhic

Its a wonderful development, we will soon be in control. Can you clarify how the greens did this time out, I don't see anything about it in the article

valamhic

The other problem for the EU is the uncertainty over Germany's government even though SPD has agreed to new exploratory talks with the Merkelists.
Exactly, Hopefully there will be another election in Germany, Merkel will be gone and a whole new right wing era will dawn. It might be possible to save something of the EU but it too will have to change

parentheses

The backwash from Merkels unjustifiable decision of 2015 continues.

She is the fairy godmother of the far right in Europe

jmcc

Its a wonderful development, we will soon be in control. Can you clarify how the greens did this time out, I don't see anything about it in the article
I'm just an interested observer. The Greens lost badly. They had 24 seats in the last election and none in this one. There's a minimal vote requirement.

"The 183 members of the National Council are elected by open list proportional representation in nine multi-member constituencies based on the states (with varying in size from 7 to 36 seats) and 39 sub-constituencies. Seats are allocated using the Hare method at the sub-constituency level and the D'Hondt at the federal level, with an electoral threshold of 4% or one seat in one of the 39 sub-constituencies. Voters are able to cast a party vote and one preference votes on each the federal, state and electoral district level the for their preferred candidates within that party. The thresholds for a candidate to move up the list are 7% of the candidate's party result on the federal level, 10% on the state level and 14% on the electoral district level.[19] Candidates for sub-constituency level are listed on the ballot while voters need to write-in their preferred candidate on state and federal level."

The Greens didn't get the required level of support but I think that there was some split before the election and the Peter Piltz List was set up by a former Green.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_legislative_election,_2017

Trainwreck

Exactly.

The Libtard Eurofascist Left will double down and push even more of the electorate to the only people who won’t call you “RACIST!” for believing in borders and a rational immigration policy. Or even the right of a country to refuse any immigration at all.

Socratus O' Pericles

A shift to the right indeed, I’m sure it will ultimately be balanced out by a swing back. Wouldn’t read too much into it. The Greens fell asunder over internal wrangling.The Social Democrats held their own.

jmcc

A shift to the right indeed, I’m sure it will ultimately be balanced out by a swing back. Wouldn’t read too much into it. The Greens fell asunder over internal wrangling.The Social Democrats held their own.
I'm not so sure. This shift to the right has been happening for over five years or so. Fools like Merkel and Juncker are polarising the situation. So far the shift has been without serious violence but violence between the Left and the Right is a prospect.

Trainwreck

I'm not so sure. This shift to the right has been happening for over five years or so. Fools like Merkel and Juncker are polarising the situation. So far the shift has been without serious violence but violence between the Left and the Right is a prospect.
Merkel et al have literally created this.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies