Aux barricades, citoyens!!!

Man or Mouse

Quite a clever move by May.

But, sweet suffering Christ, we will have to endure those hideous election posters again....
A bargain basement price to pay for the Union.

blokesbloke

What an unsuitable thread title for a British general election!

French, indeed! And going on about barricades!

I nearly dropped my custard cream in my tea!

Mods, the thread title must be changed. It is giving me the vapours.

statsman

No - it's a line from "les Miserables" afaik. A call to arms, if you like. The question I was raising was that it was moved from the NI forum - because my OP was framed for that forum.
Nevertheless, it is French. I despair of you young people and your so-called educations.

GDPR

This is an armchair election for me on p.ie. No sides taken this time (though I'll vote).

imho, though, Theresa May is a better PM than Cameron the Idiot, but that's not saying much.

Anyone with a good popcorn .gif?

Or maybe a better symbolic image would be a pix of some tricoteur sitting by the guillotine

hollandia

What an unsuitable thread title for a British general election!

French, indeed! And going on about barricades!

I nearly dropped my custard cream in my tea!

Mods, the thread title must be changed. It is giving me the vapours.
Is it serious? Do you need a Doctor?

hollandia

Nevertheless, it is French. I despair of you young people and your so-called educations.
[yoof]Listen Grandad, just cos you stuck it to 'oul bony at Waterloo, the rest of us have moved on... etc etc etc[/yoof]

hollandia

This is an armchair election for me on p.ie. No sides taken this time (though I'll vote).

imho, though, Theresa May is a better PM than Cameron the Idiot, but that's not saying much.

Anyone with a good popcorn .gif?

Or maybe a better symbolic image would be a pix of some tricoteur sitting by the guillotine
You could do worse than asking Norm.

McSlaggart

All that said, FST will depend entirely on who will run for SF, whether there is a unionist pact this time around (Nesbitt dismissed this having had his fingers burnt first time, and Swann seems to have set his stall against it) and good old fashioned turnout.

The sdlp have a core vote in FST but at the last election more people came out and this could swing it for sf. If the DUP and UUP do a pact and do not run in FST the sdlp will be in a double bind if the Unionist candidate is DUP.

GDPR

Norman Bates. Purveyor of the Vincent Browne threads on the media forum. he has popcorn gifs. If you sneak over there you could nick them while he's not looking.

Here ya go...
Popcorn will keep us going in these uncertain times.

GDPR

This is what happens when you are a province of the UK, folks.

Anyone on here who thinks that T May gave one single solitary thought to NI when she called this election is smoking the good stuff.

hollandia

The sdlp have a core vote in FST but at the last election more people came out and this could swing it for sf. If the DUP and UUP do a pact and do not run in FST the sdlp will be in a double bind if the Unionist candidate is DUP.
Any pact wouldn't replace a sitting MP. That's always been the way these things have been done. So it'll be Big Tom for the unionists, or Big Tom plus one DUP.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies