• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Awww, FF want national government to help with the crisis.

jane5

Lenihan's national unity call to face crisis - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

So basically FF want to share the blame in the next Budget, which will, like everything they design, be crafted specifically to protect the wealthy, and decimate the poor, the sick, the elderly, the working mortgage slaves and anyone else they can shaft.

Because they want to hold onto power as long as they can, they think that if they can blame unpopular aspects of the Budget on FG, or Labour, and say publicly "oh, but FG/Labour agreed with that measure", that they may retain some chance of staying in power/not being DECIMATED in the next elections and for years and years to come/having a forced general election when the electorate become so enraged that they demand one.

For the love of God, I pray Labour and FG won't fall for it, and tell them "No. You seemed to have it all under control. Go for it."

Deceitful sneaks. Bring in a fair Budget, and let the bondholders take some pain, or else take the blame for what you do to the country. But don't try and spread the collective responsibility for your simultaneously moronic and corrupt economic policies so you can cling to power with your greasy fingers. I feel sick.

olamp

Lenihan's national unity call to face crisis - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

So basically FF want to share the blame in the next Budget, which will, like everything they design, be crafted specifically to protect the wealthy, and decimate the poor, the sick, the elderly, the working mortgage slaves and anyone else they can shaft.

Because they want to hold onto power as long as they can, they think that if they can blame unpopular aspects of the Budget on FG, or Labour, and say publicly "oh, but FG/Labour agreed with that measure", that they may retain some chance of staying in power/not being DECIMATED in the next elections and for years and years to come/having a forced general election when the electorate become so enraged that they demand one.

For the love of God, I pray Labour and FG won't fall for it, and tell them "No. You seemed to have it all under control. Go for it."

Deceitful sneaks. Bring in a fair Budget, and let the bondholders take some pain, or else take the blame for what you do to the country. But don't try and spread the collective responsibility for your simultaneously moronic and corrupt economic policies so you can cling to power with your greasy fingers. I feel sick.
Lightweight FF airheads Brendan O Connor and Celia Larkin are plugging the "national government and patriotism " agenda in the Sindo today -Why do I still read this rag of a paper? !

jimbo99

The only people FF are fooling with this spin are themselves and their beneficieries, snouts in trough etc. The vast majority are waiting to kick them in the arse into oblivion. The "Irish Party" mark two. Who? Exactly.

jane5

Apologies if there is already a thread on this. I didn't see it. Too blind with rage.

People should be boycotting the Independent, if they're not already. I have refused to buy that for months now, and wouldn't even use it for toilet paper if it was the only material with which to wipe and I was in the woods far from civilisation with a bad case of IBD. The likes of Jody Corcoran and Celia Larkin make me sick with their sycophantic bullsh*t.

Newsy

Indy-pendant

sport02

All this national goverment talk is about two things, and two things only, the Greens and FF know we have more pain ahead, then they intially thought, and the other, is because our goverment are full of self-centered egomanicas, trying to grip on to power or share the blame.
Are these real patriots running our country, I certainly don't believe so.

wishywashy

Celia ************************************g Larkin? I dont know whether to laugh or cry. Celia ************************************g Larkin? And Corcoran? Cowens buddy. ************************ off for ************************ sake!

Disillusioned democrat

Lenny: Fool or a knave?

Or both?
Do you have enough posts to get to do a poll - because I'd really like to know what people - even P.ie people - think about this. Personally I believe him to be the biggest knave of them all for pursuing his policies long after the initial euphoria of his "solution" had died down and people began to do the math and realise we're screwed. He's a man on a solo run with a time-bomb ticking away in his pancreas and has lost all sense of what's good for Ireland.

Last edited:

Samell

There is a national unity call already, unfortunately FF don't like it because it is for a GE to take power away from them.

Disillusioned democrat

Ok lets have a national government but lets have a GE first!!
That's what's really irritating about FF's new found desire for National Govt - they're only trying to finda way to stay in power for longer. If they were serious about wanting to give the Irish people a Gov with a strong mandate for the road ahead a GE is the only logical conclusion.

Half Nelson

That's what's really irritating about FF's new found desire for National Govt - they're only trying to find a way to stay in power for longer. If they were serious about wanting to give the Irish people a Gov with a strong mandate for the road ahead a GE is the only logical conclusion.
Very true.

FF has set the clock to Year Zero. Let's make certain it plays no part in the future of this country.

The extinction of Fianna Fail will serve as a restoration of our democracy and a warning from history to all politicians who put the Party before the People.

Our grandchildren will thank us for it.

karldaly

"FF want national government to help with the crisis"
No they don't.
They want national government to remain in power and continue the COVERUP.

Raketemensch

The traitors who have destroyed the country will do ANYTHING to:
1. Avoid any accountability
2. Hold onto their parliamentary perks, the best in the world

Even discussing the idea of the drunks in the Dail just holding onto their perks whilst ceasing even the pretence of doing their jobs is spitting in the face of the voters of this country.
No insult surprises anymore but we must not stop recognising and discussing those insults, we cannot lose our anger or vigilance.

turdsl

Lightweight FF airheads Brendan O Connor and Celia Larkin are plugging the "national government and patriotism " agenda in the Sindo today -Why do I still read this rag of a paper? !

I feel terrible. I am ashamed to say I buy it, I feel those journalists are just laughing at me for buying it. What annoys me is that they are right, The likes of Drennan who has the gift of sarcasm and nothing else. Harris who thinks he has the authority to tell us not to vote for Labour, strange from a man who was handed a job from a man who was not able to mind his own job. As for Miss Larkin, whoever is ghost writing, their agenda is very obvious, I still value my intelligence, I still have respect for myself, so the buying of the Sunday Independent must stop

vanla sighs

We don't need a national government - we need FF out. Opposition parties shouldn't be so stupid to fall for the national government mantra. It's simply a way for FF to deflect criticism away from themselves and to cling to some power.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies