• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Awww, FF want national government to help with the crisis.

TODevastated

biffo is putting ONE dof official, yes ONE official in charge of liaising with the opposition and giving them access to the numbers!!

given that each of the cabinet has approx 4 or 5 civil servants to look after their gombeenism in their constituencies

i think this makes it clear what he thinks of giving them access to the numbers, surely they won't fall for it would they

turdsl

Fianna Fail are experts at diversion, they are also cable of drawing you into their web of deceit.Kenny has made it clear that Fianna Fail must go, Gilmore made it clear yesterday that Fianna Fail must be removed from office.They are not in office for the good of the country, they seem to be in office to see which of them gets the expenses. The election must come, their day is done.

florin

I feel terrible. I am ashamed to say I buy it, I feel those journalists are just laughing at me for buying it.
It doesn't help that both O'Connor and Larkin are laughing at the reader in their byline photos (my dad buys it, not me).

punchdrunk

It doesn't help that both O'Connor and Larkin are laughing at the reader in their byline photos (my dad buys it, not me).
Laugh of the year Willie O'Dea accusing the opposition of duplicity in Fianna Fail on Sunday today. What a hypocrite. O'Dea supported the huge splurge in government expenditure(25% in the two year run in to the 2007 general election) And to think that the Sindo lectures the opposition. There is nothing to stop Fianna Fail and the Greens bringing in a budget. It is time for them to get on with it.

dresden8

Do you have enough posts to get to do a poll - because I'd really like to know what people - even P.ie people - think about this. Personally I believe him to be the biggest knave of them all for pursuing his policies long after the initial euphoria of his "solution" had died down and people began to do the math and realise we're screwed. He's a man on a solo run with a time-bomb ticking away in his pancreas and has lost all sense of what's good for Ireland.
Never seen an option so I presume I don't.

If anybody wants to i would suggest

1 Fool

2 Knave

3 Both

4 Neither

5 Best thing since sliced bread

oggy

Very true.

FF has set the clock to Year Zero. Let's make certain it plays no part in the future of this country.

The extinction of Fianna Fail will serve as a restoration of our democracy and a warning from history to all politicians who put the Party before the People.

Our grandchildren will thank us for it.
Suppose for a moment you get your wish and FF is extinct who do you think FF people like me will turn to at the polling booth ?

jpc

Suppose for a moment you get your wish and FF is extinct who do you think FF people like me will turn to at the polling booth ?
Enlighten us.
How would you try to continue the destruction of the economy?

FF were elected to govern, which they failed spectacularly to do bar clientelism.

RULE RUIN RUN will be the epitaph of your morally and intellectually corrupt cult.

dresden8

As hard to find as a bank that will lend:D
FF have served their masters well, we'll have to stump up at least 50 billion for the bastards.

They'll be well taken care of, don't worry.

dalywise

Apologies if there is already a thread on this. I didn't see it. Too blind with rage.

People should be boycotting the Independent, if they're not already. I have refused to buy that for months now, and wouldn't even use it for toilet paper if it was the only material with which to wipe and I was in the woods far from civilisation with a bad case of IBD. The likes of Jody Corcoran and Celia Larkin make me sick with their sycophantic bullsh*t.
I agree with you. I was enraged as I listened to this on Finucane's show this morning as well. FF want to spread the blame. Gormley seems to suggest that Labour and FG are already in for it. If they are, they deserve the same wipe-out as FF does.

If any Labour or FG people are here will you please look at Fianna Fail. It's still Haughey's FF. Haughey was a criminal and he surrounded himself with criminals such as Burke, Lawlor and Dunlop. There is absolutely nothing to show that FF has changed in any way since then.

Anybody who facilitate this bunch of hoodlums to avoid the retributioon of the ballot box would be nothing short of traitors.

If FF are so concerned about the country, let them call an election. After that, FF can think about a national government if they still exist.

johnnypockets

Seriously oggy, you raise a very interesting question. I don't have enough posts to start a thread on it.
Personally, I have no great love of FF but then again, I don't have much time for any of the parties. I am presently trying to decide who i would vote for if a GE was called.
I would be intrigued to hear what a supporter of the current regime would do if FF disappeared (Not that I think they will).
It just strikes me that the supporters of FF have always been so loyal to the one party that it would make it a very difficult decision when looking beyond the party.

Pockets

Maximus Cynicus

Ah, now hold on a minute here lads.

Aren't FF/FF "CFC Lite" only asking for a bit of payback from the non-government parties? I mean did FF not invite all and sundry into the Galway tent? To rub shoulders with the captains of industry? To share in the distribution of brown envelopes? Did FF not swell the ranks of the quangos with other parties' supporters in equal proportion to its own? Did FF not TRULY share the bounty of the Celtic Tiger with other parties? And is it not time for a bit of reciprocity, by everybody now "sharing the pain" or pulling on the green jersey or whatever you're having yourself?

Whaaattt??? No you say............well then they should be told to stick their gracious offer where the sun don't shine

DeGaulle 2.0

Website
ga.wikipedia.org
This "national government" is about giving FF a figleaf with which to contest the election.

Look at things as they stand - FF have to go to the country and say "Vote for us, we destroyed the economy". They want to drag FG and Labour in with them so they can say "we are all working together on the national recovery plan".

oggy

Seriously oggy, you raise a very interesting question. I don't have enough posts to start a thread on it.
Personally, I have no great love of FF but then again, I don't have much time for any of the parties. I am presently trying to decide who i would vote for if a GE was called.
I would be intrigued to hear what a supporter of the current regime would do if FF disappeared (Not that I think they will).
It just strikes me that the supporters of FF have always been so loyal to the one party that it would make it a very difficult decision when looking beyond the party.

Pockets
I am in the same boat, isnt it 1000 posts to start a thread ? I have 4 bros and 3 sis and honestly do not know what way they vote so we are not a FF family. I know there is a strong republican background but I have always voted FF simply because I detest extremists. I know FG play the right of centre trick and Labour play the left of centre trick but in reality the core vote of both parties is extreme right and left. I particularly despise FG because of their origins and certainly not because of the Civil War. SF and the Greens do nothing for me and Independents while a form of idealism are at the end of the day pointless. Indications at present suggest FF are in big trouble come the GE but for me its bigger trouble for the country as FG and Labour appear to be heading for a huge majority. They are convinced 120 seats to 46 will be the outcome. If they get their wish and FF is wiped out god help Ireland

EUrJokingMeRight

Lightweight FF airheads Brendan O Connor and Celia Larkin are plugging the "national government and patriotism " agenda in the Sindo today -Why do I still read this rag of a paper? !
Well unlike an awful lot of your fellow countrymen and women, at least you olamp, are beginning to ask yourself some basic pertinent questions.

We need more people asking questions of their lifelong habits.

eg. Voting FF is akin to Drink Driving. It may have been socially acceptable once, but as the recent advert asks..'Could YOU live with the shame'?

True Republican

I am in the same boat, isnt it 1000 posts to start a thread ? I have 4 bros and 3 sis and honestly do not know what way they vote so we are not a FF family. I know there is a strong republican background but I have always voted FF simply because I detest extremists. I know FG play the right of centre trick and Labour play the left of centre trick but in reality the core vote of both parties is extreme right and left. I particularly despise FG because of their origins and certainly not because of the Civil War. SF and the Greens do nothing for me and Independents while a form of idealism are at the end of the day pointless. Indications at present suggest FF are in big trouble come the GE but for me its bigger trouble for the country as FG and Labour appear to be heading for a huge majority. They are convinced 120 seats to 46 will be the outcome. If they get their wish and FF is wiped out god help Ireland
FG an extreme right wing party would you get real, FG stand for nothing just like FF, FG and FF would make ideal coalition partners, there are little if no ideological differences between the two parties a point acknowledged by Berties ex Celia Larkin in today's Sindo who has come out strongly in favour of a FG-FF grand coalition.

FG-FF would be the most logical coalition unless of course you want an EU/IMF colaition next year running Ireland. I used to be a member of FF and I absolutely despise them now but I'm still able to think logically and would regard Labour participation in government as an absolute disaster.

johnnypockets

FG and Labour appear to be heading for a huge majority. They are convinced 120 seats to 46 will be the outcome.
I wouldn't be so sure. There is still a solid 25% of the electorate that will vote FF. And I actually think this will increase. People may say that after the budget they will drop again but I'm not so sure.
The message that is being sent out there now is that it does not matter what party is in, the cuts will be the same. The core FF vote won't be lost. This means that they still have a quarter of the vote.
Do I take it so, that if FF no longer existed you could only see yourself voting for an independent? The time may be coming that some of the FF TD's may go it alone. Would this be the direction you would take or would you see them as traitors for jumping ship? Its not black and white.
For me, my vote will go to anyone who can convince me that they will try and change the whole system. It needs a serious overhaul. I do not think an all party government would achieve this. They would be too preoccupied with all the different factions.

DeathKnell

I pity you and your ignorance.. Enslaved not by an ideology, but to a class and creedo that is anything but Republican.. And you claim to be a Republican.. You dont know the fvkin meaning of it sunshine..
FF have by their ACTIONs not their words, denigrated the Republic of Ireland to that of an economic serf to the EU and the IMF.. How the leaders of 1916 will turn in their grave when they see how Fianna Fail have p1ssed away our independence on buying elections, the public service unions and the bankers, who made a great investment in the Republican Party.. I hope that someday, you will feel some shame at what has been done to Ireland at the handsof FF. But I doubt it..

If FG and Labour win the next election we might have some hope, certainly, we can draw a line under this disastrous 'Government' and begin again.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies