Baghdad teeters on the cusp of falling...why?

Polly Ticks

I wish people would stop talking about U.S. militarism as though it were some alien phenomenon. It's not even a particularly American phenomenon.

U.S. militarism is the continuation of WASP militarism, esp. of the establishment British and establishment German varieties. Look at the demographics (Germans largest group of ethnic whites in the US) and at the groups that dominate the U.S. establishment.

So it's a bit of a nonsense to talk about the US establishment defeating the German establishment .. that's a British-Germanic establishment defeating a native German establishment.. Similarly, its a nonsense to talk about the U.S. keeping Britain as a lapdog.. that's British-Germanic establishment keeping British as lapdogs.

It's the same old kissing cousin establishment troublemakers fooking things up for the entire world with their permawar bullsh1te.

And don't get me started on the French establishment!

:D

Seanie Lemass

I wish people would stop talking about U.S. militarism as though it were some alien phenomenon. It's not even a particularly American phenomenon.

U.S. militarism is the continuation of WASP militarism, esp. of the establishment British and establishment German varieties. Look at the demographics (Germans largest group of ethnic whites in the US) and at the groups that dominate the U.S. establishment.

So it's a bit of a nonsense to talk about the US establishment defeating the German establishment .. that's a British-Germanic establishment defeating a native German establishment.. Similarly, its a nonsense to talk about the U.S. keeping Britain as a lapdog.. that's British-Germanic establishment keeping British as lapdogs.

It's the same old kissing cousin establishment troublemakers fooking things up for the entire world with their permawar bullsh1te.

And don't get me started on the French establishment!

:D
Would you prefer walking around with a shaved head in a uniform?

Because that was, and perhaps still is, the alternative to "yankee imperialism."

Polly Ticks

Would you prefer walking around with a shaved head in a uniform?

Because that was, and perhaps still is, the alternative to "yankee imperialism."
Who are you quoting?

I'm not anti-American. I'm anti-militarism and anti-militaristic establishments. The USA can do better than acting like a bunch of red coats in disguise.

GDPR

Saddam Hussein was indubitably a crazed baddie How Saddam Hussein Modeled a Paramilitary Unit After Darth Vader | Flashback | OZY

But I've never agreed with Bush's invasion...but once that foulup was made...I backed the surge https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War_troop_surge_of_2007

Now Iraq is on the brink again
Blog: At least 4 dead in Baghdad riots as country teeters on the brink of revolution

Why?
What to do about it?

Cyp
Why? Because once you break the army of an Arab state, you have broken that state. And that's what the US Zionist régime has done in Iraq and Libya, and is trying to do in Syria. The so called Iraqi army today is not an army, and nor would the US régime ever allow Iraq to have an army again - because that would run the danger of Iraq becoming a real state again. Instead, the Iraqi army is a collection of squabbling militias, just as Iraq is now a collection of squabbling factions presided over by the US Zionist régime. The same Zionist setup is being attempted in Libya, but I believe the tribes have gathered substantial forces and are preventing the Zionist puppet régime from having any effect outside of Tripoli.

GDPR

Who are you quoting?

I'm not anti-American. I'm anti-militarism and anti-militaristic establishments. The USA can do better than acting like a bunch of red coats in disguise.
I'm afraid it can't. The USA was founded in genocide and has always expanded its land and power by genocide. The minute it stops committing genocide it will become bankrupt and collapse.

Karloff

Saddam Hussein was indubitably a crazed baddie How Saddam Hussein Modeled a Paramilitary Unit After Darth Vader | Flashback | OZY

But I've never agreed with Bush's invasion...but once that foulup was made...I backed the surge https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War_troop_surge_of_2007

Now Iraq is on the brink again
Blog: At least 4 dead in Baghdad riots as country teeters on the brink of revolution

Why?
What to do about it?

Cyp
It shouldn't be about 'what i agree with' or what you don't agree with.

I couldn't sit down and have a do i or don't i discussion about whether to rob and kill my neighbour because i hear loud noises at night. It would be illegal and immoral. That should be it, illegal - the war was illegal - a crime of aggression resulting in a million excess deaths and a country sent down the toilet. Since it happened not only has violence rocketed but standard of living plunged, they are living with poisons and such in the soil and deformed babies in the maternity wards, their culture was robbed and destroyed and now any secularism they had is gone forever. Women, gays other minorities like Christians - very bad for them.

And to make matters worse the scum under a new brand (Mr Hope and Change) went on and did it again in Libya and Syria, in Honduras and supported the Coup in Egypt and are all over Africa too.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
And to make matters worse the scum under a new brand (Mr Hope and Change) went on and did it again in Libya and Syria, in Honduras and supported the Coup in Egypt and are all over Africa too.
Honduras? "All over Africa"? :roll: Would you prefer the Muslim Brotherhood in control of Egypt? Last I heard, before the coup they were persecuting and murdering-with enthusiasm-the same Chrstians you pretend to be so concerned about . And Obama is solely responsible for Syria? No contribution from Is? From Assad?

"How did Iraq get to this juncture? No doubt, the poor leadership of the current government had a lot to do with it. But let's not forget that the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton celebrated bringing American troops home far earlier than most Iraqis wanted". quoted in OP

then....

OR get the ************************ out, let them run their own country, stop the pillage of resources and hope the relationship between sunni's and shia's normalizes like it had before the invasion. Can't see why it would not.
Make up your minds! Do you want the Americans to stay........or go? You can't blame them simultaneously for both. The Iraqis wanted them to go, so they left. Bad Americans! . But they left behind 5000 trainers, soldiers, advisors, who-according to the Lobster-are "pillaging resources" (what resources?) and keeping the relationship between Sunni and Shia from normalising. Bad Americans!
No pleasing some people.

Last edited:

Polly Ticks

I'm afraid it can't. The USA was founded in genocide and has always expanded its land and power by genocide. The minute it stops committing genocide it will become bankrupt and collapse.
Not always.

WWII created a monster.

Polly Ticks

I do agree that the USA was founded by killers and thieves, BTW. But so many countries seem to be founded that way.. show me a nation builder and I'll show you a scumb*g :D

GDPR

Honduras? "All over Africa"? :roll: Would you prefer the Muslim Brotherhood in control of Egypt? Last I heard, before the coup they were persecuting and murdering-with enthusiasm-the same Chrstians you pretend to be so concerned about . And Obama is solely responsible for Syria? No contribution from Is? From Assad?

"How did Iraq get to this juncture? No doubt, the poor leadership of the current government had a lot to do with it. But let's not forget that the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton celebrated bringing American troops home far earlier than most Iraqis wanted". quoted in OP

then....

Make up your minds! Do you want the Americans to stay........or go? You can't blame them simultaneously for both. The Iraqis wanted them to go, so they left. Bad Americans! . But they left behind 5000 trainers, soldiers, advisors, who-according to the Lobster-are "pillaging resources" (what resources?) and keeping the relationship between Sunni and Shia from normalising. Bad Americans!
No pleasing some people.

* Cough*

Washington's Secret History with the Muslim Brotherhood by Ian Johnson | NYR Daily | The New York Review of Books
How the CIA Helped The Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrate the West > Jerry Gordon
History: How the US Installed a Proxy “Brotherhood” Government in Egypt | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
O

Oscurito

There's no Iraqi nation. The best option is to allow it to break up in a peaceful manner - Shias, Sunnis and Kurds going their separate way.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
Guess what - they funded ISIL too.
And yet killed the man who founded it?

" Zarqawi was killed in a targeted killing on June 7, 2006, while attending a meeting in an isolated safehouse approximately 8 km north of Baqubah. Two United States Air Force F-16 jets identified the house and the lead jet dropped two 500-pound laser-guided bombs on the building. Five others were also reported killed".

Last edited:

Karloff

then....

No pleasing some people.
Sisi has endorsed Islamist politics since entering power. The Muslim Brotherhood never got a chance to reveal it's position on this, since it was elected and knew the eyes of the world were on it i expect it would have respected the minorities and some secular freedoms. One has been in power, the other has not - no way to know for sure - but Sisi is not the Voltaire you all make him out to be (aside from the torture, murder and oppression we know about which also can be used against sexual and religious minorities) he is not that secular and women in the country especially know that.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/06/08/egypt-year-abuses-under-al-sisi

Hey, maybe if Genghis khan had been religion tolerant you wouldn't have minded all the pyramids full of human heads?

Karloff

There's no Iraqi nation. The best option is to allow it to break up in a peaceful manner - Shias, Sunnis and Kurds going their separate way.
If there is no Iraqi nation who owns that land? In whose control should it be?

Maybe you would like to return it to the British or the Ottomans? Or maybe you would like it to be treated like a wasteland with no rights as should be accorded to nation states? Or spare parts for the zionists?

Why not i mean what has it given the world anyway? Apart from civilisation.

Dame_Enda

Partition the place in three. It isn't a natural cohesive political entity.

The three states would be a Sunni state in Anbar province plus the northwest including Mosul, a Kurdish state in the north, and a rump Iraq including Baghdad for the Shias.

Last edited:

Karloff

So it's unlikely that the USA assisted with the Sisi coup, as Karloff implies.

...and Global Research retails conspiratorial nonsense.
Global research has more credibility on the ME than the mainstream media, especially NYT, Washington Post etc - simply because those others have been found out in megalies and propaganda - promoting warmongering narratives which turn out to be complete rubbish.

The US support for the SISI coup lies in the fact that they fund the coup plotters to the tune of several billion a year.

freewillie

Our weather reminds me of Iraq. Partly Sunni but mostly Shiite

New Threads

Most Replies