Bailout = FF Traitors/Sellouts?

jmcc

Is the real reason that FF is so nervous about a bailout that they will be seen to have betrayed the Irish people and sold out the country to save their cronies?

Will the "FF Traitors" perception destroy them at the next general election?

No greater love hath Cowen for his friends that he sold out the country to save them?

Regards...jmcc

Dreaded_Estate

I don't think there are/were traitors just grossly incompetent to the point of bringing the country to the brink of bankruptcy.

nonpartyboy

You can add the slimy vegetables and harney in there as well.

GDPR

Oh lovely, yet another thread for the nutters and badly needed it is too.

jmcc

I don't think there are/were traitors just grossly incompetent to the point of bringing the country to the brink of bankruptcy.
No it is not about now but rather what happens if and when there is a bailout. Will the perception that FF has sold out the country destroy them at the next general election?

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

Oh lovely, yet another thread for the nutters and badly needed it is too.
Nice to see you here. It is actually about the perception of FF after a bailout and the effect of a bailout on FF's chances at the next GE. What's the FF view on the effect of a bailout on the FF core vote?

Regards...jmcc

LongShanks

I disagree.

They bailed out Anglo. Why?
They knew the repurcussions but ploughed ahead regardless.

Sheer incompetence is on the lighter side of what they've done.

NewRepublic

I don't think so although it might have something to do with optics. Play hardball with the EU and then when they give in they can say they were forced into it and that there was absolutely no reason in the world for a bail out. It will allow them to save face and have yet again another scapegoat ala "Lehmans". :D

jmcc

I don't think so although it might have something to do with optics. Play hardball with the EU and then when they give in they can say they were forced into it and that there was absolutely no reason in the world for a bail out. It will allow them to save face and have yet again another scapegoat ala "Lehmans". :D
Interesting - play the victim card. But will it work again, especially as so many people are going to suffer as a result of their incompetence?

Regards...jmcc

NewRepublic

Interesting - play the victim card. But will it work again, especially as so many people are going to suffer as a result of their incompetence?

Regards...jmcc
In their heads yes.

In reality not a hope.

blackpitts

Is anyone actually going to buy "we had everything under control but the big bad Eurobullies forced a bailout we didn't need on us"?

To me it reads more like they are so incompetent and/or have so much to hide that they just don't know when to admit the game is up.

jmcc

And now another interesting aspect: Will FF cut and run, leaving FG/Labour to have to avail of a bailout rather than being the ones to do it themselves? Will the old Civil War mentality force tribalist FFers like Cowen into such a path of action?

Regards...jmcc

Dreaded_Estate

In their heads yes.

In reality not a hope.

I guess some of the remaining core vote will believe whatever they are told at this stage.

But trying to blame someone else, anyone else, for bankrupting the country will turn the rest country off even further. So while they might only lose another 1-2% from the core vote of 20% they will make themselves transfer toxic.

THR

It must be said that looking at your country's situation you really are in a sh1t creek. However, I wouldn't be arrogant myself as Finland is coming the same way fast. Our national debt is rising very fast. Doesn't stop the government from receiving a lot of illiterate immigrants from the third world countries, though. They are here to alleviate our looming labour-shortage problem as the 1940's generation is retiring.

Labour-shortage my arse. We have over 300000 people on the dole and importing people who can't read or write, how is that going to solve anything? Well, the Establishment has decided that multiculturalism is richness and people who are opposed to it are ignorant oafs.

SideysGhost

No it is not about now but rather what happens if and when there is a bailout. Will the perception that FF has sold out the country destroy them at the next general election?
This is Ireland. They'd probably get an overall majority. Nothing really surprises me about this lunatic country any more.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies