• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Ballyhea 100 weeks of protest

SPN

On 27 January 2013 the 100th protest against the bondholder bailout will take place in Ballyhea/Charleville.

Charleville-Ballyhea protesters prepare for 100th weekly rally over bank debt - The Irish Times - Sat, Jan 05, 2013

They have kept it going for all this time and if you agree with them then you should try to be there.
I don't agree with them.

We have a much bigger problem with the €50 million a day of new debt - real hard cash - that is being racked up to keep the insiders featherbedded and insulated from the downturn.

Forget about the IOUs from the banking bubble. They are an irrelevance.

darkhorse

Who is winding these idiots up?
Does he/she have a problem with Government overspending to the tune of €12bn p.a. on the PS including Health/Welfare/Education
They really havent a clue what they are on about

gerhard dengler

Does he/she have a problem with Government overspending to the tune of €12bn p.a. on the PS including Health/Welfare/Education
They're both issues which need to be addressed : the bailout of the banks as well as the ever increasing government expenditure.
Two separate issues.

southwestkerry

Sorry but I will not be their. All the 'lets do the bondholders, lets get the banks' stuff does not agree with me.
SwK

tokkie

What's wrong? Are you unhappy when people think differently from you?

darkhorse

What's wrong? Are you unhappy when people think differently from you?
Not at all - they are quite entitled to protest about any issue they wish, however irrelevant it may be
But I would think it more sensible to protest about the larger and more wasteful issue of Government overspending on PS
Especially since the Troika have made it clear that they will not finance our PS overspending unless we bailout the banks

SPN

Bonsai Experiment

Kinda like Fianna Fáil then?
well kind of.. but if you asked Fianna Fail would they give up their own time for no money to walk around the streets in the rain out of principle you'd be laughed at. I guess that's the difference. doing something when there is nothing in it for yourself and doing something to keep your place at the pigs trough..

Con Gallagher

On 27 January 2013 the 100th protest against the bondholder bailout will take place in Ballyhea/Charleville.

Charleville-Ballyhea protesters prepare for 100th weekly rally over bank debt - The Irish Times - Sat, Jan 05, 2013

They have kept it going for all this time and if you agree with them then you should try to be there.
I once asked the organisers to explain the legal mechanism of default. Not only did he not know, he thought nuts and bolts questions were irrelevant. I won't be there.

Lonewolfe

I once asked the organisers to explain the legal mechanism of default. Not only did he not know, he thought nuts and bolts questions were irrelevant. I won't be there.
Yea, he's obviously just one of the many simpletons whose children's children will be paying off over 50 BILLION in a bank debt they never actually incurred.

tokkie

Not at all - they are quite entitled to protest about any issue they wish, however irrelevant it may be
But I would think it more sensible to protest about the larger and more wasteful issue of Government overspending on PS
Especially since the Troika have made it clear that they will not finance our PS overspending unless we bailout the banks
Well while they do their thing, why don't you get up off your fat arse and organise a protest to highlight the matters that concern you. Instead of giving out and criticising people who actually try to do something, you might consider doing something yourself.

darkhorse

SPN

well kind of.. but if you asked Fianna Fail would they give up their own time for no money to walk around the streets in the rain out of principle you'd be laughed at.
Kinda like Fianna Fail canvassers then?

(and Amateur-FF too. Let's not forget their kleptocratic tendencies, even if they are second rate compared to their heroes)

mary_queen_of_the_gael

bob3367

To listen to people like you , a person might think that the doctors and nurses are throwing buckets of money out hospital windows... been in a hospital lately?
The nurses and doctors arent, but somebody is....

Yes I have been in hospital recently....

SPN

Yea, he's obviously just one of the many simpletons whose children's children will be paying off over 50 BILLION in a bank debt they never actually incurred.
The banks pay off their debt from their own resources.

The real problem is the €100 Billion of cash that the Government has blown on overspending.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies