Bank bailout was a stimulus project.

spidermom

YEP.....heard it too...though I may actually be asleep up in bed...and dreaming.

AREN'T I??????

sport02

And our bonds are worth 8 euro.
You couldn't make it up, sure it is Father Ted economics.

justme1

''The comedy of thieves'' continues folks...................

budgie29

Imagine if they didnt bail out the banks and used just a fraction of this as a proper stimulus....Could have built a next generation broadband network, built some decent schools, education programmes for the unemployed.

What a plonker !

sport02

The Americans maybe implementing a 600 billion stimulas package, and what are FF doing, throwing our money down the drain, but they are giving us free cheese.

cedissapointed

they should have let the banks burn

Agreed..While there were some economists giving their advice for free,and told to leave those banking officials to their own devices eg let the banks burn,they turned on their heel and ignored this advice,and decided to pay their unqualified consultants for advice..

seanmacc

Imagine if they didnt bail out the banks and used just a fraction of this as a proper stimulus....Could have built a next generation broadband network, built some decent schools, education programmes for the unemployed.

What a plonker !
A Space Programme, A Nuclear Weapons Project, A Tunnel between Dublin and Wales- The money spent on these things would of stimulated the economy. Instead we threw it into a black hole never to be seen again.

I think these TDs should be subject to random drug and alcohol testing before going on air. He can't really be serious?

turdsl

The electorate who put those people in power have a lot to answer for in the years to come. Lets hope the electorate of Donegal put an end to this government

Last edited:

atlantic

I hope people begin to realise that the ECB and their lapdog banksters control this country not the people that voters think Cowen and Co.
We are not a sovereign state anymore and will not be until we take back control of our monetary policy.
Our puppets in the Dail do their bidding and impoverish the ordinary people.

Maximus Cynicus

Hasn't this been done before? - "Honest to God, Brian, after the Nurofen Plus and the third bottle of wine, I didn't know what I was doing or saying"

atlantic

The USA are printing mula out of thin air and eventually the chickens will come home to roost when the worst type of taxation takes hold on the poor and middle classes in the USA it's called inflation+++.
The Americans maybe implementing a 600 billion stimulas package, and what are FF doing, throwing our money down the drain, but they are giving us free cheese.

Hoopshead

I thought I was hearing things!!6 billion to the banks was a stimilus????for ************************************g who?.Robin Hood in reverse rob the poor and give to the rich.Am I being too simplistic here?

NewRepublic

I thought I was hearing things!!6 billion to the banks was a stimilus????for ************************************g who?.Robin Hood in reverse rob the poor and give to the rich.Am I being too simplistic here?
Except they robbed from the poor to piss on the poor. That money went nowhere.

oddsox

Every time I hear another Gov TD or ff'r I think of Homer J Simpson with the crayon stuck up his nose and the one where his skull cracks open and the note from God pops out saying ''IOU 1 brain''

turdsl

This government has to go, it is necessary in the next few days that they vacate
their offices now. Briann Lenihan has wasted 2 years., A new government within a month with a good working majority. let them introduce their austerity measures. Go to the ECB rescue fund, There has to be some plan for growth, over 5 years, All this will happen next year, We have wasted enough time, due to Fianna Fail greed.
Cowen and Lenihan are destroying us more everyday, Our country is depending
on the people of Donegal to sack this government for its survival.

Last edited:

budgie29

This government has to go, it is necessary in the next few days that they vacate
their offices now. Briann Lenihan has wasted 2 years., A new government within a month with a good working majority. let them introduce their austerity measures. Go to the ECB rescue fund, There has to be some plan for growth, over 5 years, All this will happen next year, We have wasted enough time, due to Fianna Fail greed.

Now wait Cowen has given an interview and asked for "calm in the markets". That shld sort it out petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies