Bank guarantee decided before 30 Sep '08, says Gormley!

blanket

This needs it's own thread.

Gormley said on Radio 1 that the bank guarantee was decided a week before the fateful 30th September 2008 all night session we've all been told about ad infinitum.

The interview with Marian "because I'm worth it" Finucane is here:
RT.ie Radio1: Marian Finucane

<MOD> Thread title amended to remove the words "a week" from original title: "Bank guarantee decided a week before 30Sep08 say Gormley!"

Last edited by a moderator:

harryshounds

time for arrests,come on garda show some balls!
what a bunch of slimy traitors.
why though has gormley let this 'slip':rolleyes:?

FakeViking

Not quite a week. The Cabinet meeting he claims made the decision was on Sunday, the Guarantee was decided on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Believing Gormless means that the Brians brain trust simply ignored all the expensive advice they bought, and the heads of the two main banks. And ignored Seanie Fitz's attempt to have his bank taken over for a euro.

This is too late for tomorrow's papers, but could prove very interesting in the near future. It certainly adds suspicion to why the banking investigation can't look at this decision.

harryshounds

traitors,traitors,traitors..........................................get the ************************ out now:mad:

Mono

God knows what actually happened in about a dozen situations in the last 2 years, it will take many years for the truth to be known

Jack Pott

I hope every paper tv and radio station pick this up and force the issue the government should fall on this revelation if further proof was needed we were sold a multi billion lie

Holy Cow

It certainly adds suspicion to why the banking investigation can't look at this decision.
That banking inquiry is gone very silent, has it been binned?

Also, its not normal for the cabinet to meet on a Sunday? So it must have been an emergency meeting?

Lord Wellington

Not quite a week. The Cabinet meeting he claims made the decision was on Sunday, the Guarantee was decided on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Believing Gormless means that the Brians brain trust simply ignored all the expensive advice they bought, and the heads of the two main banks. And ignored Seanie Fitz's attempt to have his bank taken over for a euro.

This is too late for tomorrow's papers, but could prove very interesting in the near future. It certainly adds suspicion to why the banking investigation can't look at this decision.
Do you have the exact quote?

Nevertheless this means that the decision was made before the meeting with BofI & AIB. No?

Touché

the whole thing is shambolic, is there no advisor, decent family member, or even a parish priest out there who can have a quiet word with biffo and gormley and encourage them to do the decent and resign immediately?

bebeno

Do you have the exact quote?

Nevertheless this means that the decision was made before the meeting with BofI & AIB. No?
Link in post#1, 20 minutes in.
He says it was decided to go down the guarantee route at the cabinet meeting the day before and that it was gone into some detail. Something like tying the bank debts to the nation's debt is not a spur of the moment decision apparently.

Lord Wellington

Link in post#1, 20 minutes in.
He says it was decided to go down the guarantee route at the cabinet meeting the day before and that it was gone into some detail. Something like tying the bank debts to the nation's debt is not a spur of the moment decision apparently.
Thanks for that.

So he's saying they weren't "bounced into it" by AIB and BofI or the "market".

Which means it was a quite deliberate decision to fully guarantee Anglo and INBS.

No way around that is there?

FakeViking

That banking inquiry is gone very silent, has it been binned?
Delay & Pray. The default strategy of the incumbent incompetents.

Also, its not normal for the cabinet to meet on a Sunday? So it must have been an emergency meeting?
It was an emergency. If they hadn't met on the Sunday it would have been evern more scandalous. And this "incorporeal" cabinet meeting where Gormless was unavailable (i.e. asleep), did it ever happen or was it created to save his blushes?

Abaddon

Has RTE taken this down? When I click on the link for the show I just get an error message. Possibly site traffic?

Has this government ever told the truth about anything to do with this bank guarantee?:evil:

Echolalia

Well that explains why Gormley was in bed and not at the fateful meeting, but it makes him and the rest of the cabinet, in my eyes, just as culpable as the two Brians. Before this, I considered him a witless fool, out of his depth, but now he is just another traitor.

blanket

Why wasn't this "incorporeal" cabinet meeting reported on before?
Doesn't this directly contradict public utterances by the two Brians?

Scroll down the page slightly for the podcast of the Gormley interview.

Capt Blah

Website
www.mehearty.blogspot.com
Look -- the gardai will do nothing at all against these traitors.

The media may pick it up but are unlikely to press the point.

RTE will do its usual job of half reporting the story and gloss the whole thing over with an interview where Brian Dobson bellows at some poor startled TCD / UCD economist.

Is it possible for the people to do something?

Can we initiate some sort of impeachment process, I wonder? Does anyone know about this sort of thing?

H

Well that explains why Gormley was in bed and not at the fateful meeting, but it makes him and the rest of the cabinet, in my eyes, just as culpable as the two Brians. Before this, I considered him a witless fool, out of his depth, but now he is just another traitor.
+100

If only the witless green party disciples could see their Dear Leader's as to what they really are, how they have been fed half truths,lies and force fed greenwash to accept the uber sleaze from Gormless and Eamo' Ryan since they became the FFer's little kock$uckers

Perhaps Gormless is having a crisis of conscience and even he can't handle how rotten their politics have become and is seeking redemption

On the other hand the slimy Greens Ho's are trying to distance themselves from their FF pimps come the next election

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies