Bank of Ireland - Complete systems failure continues

robut

BBC News - Bank of Ireland ATM and online systems fail

"One of Ireland's biggest banks has issued an apology to customers after a systems failure meant that, for a time, they were unable to access their cash accounts."

"A spokesperson said the fault had been largely rectified. However the amount of cash that can be withrdrawn via ATMs may be restricted."

Mmmm, a thing of nothing OR a thing of something? Silver Foil hat time :D

Robut

[MOD\THANKS TO THE OP FOR BRINGING THIS TO ATTENTION

HAVING JUST SPOKEN TO THE BANK, THEY HAVE A COMPLETE SYSTEMS FAILURE, NO LAZER, VERY VERY LIMITED ATM, NO PHONE SERVICE, NO BANKING 365. IT IS CONTINUING AS WE SPEAK AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHEN SERVICE WILL BE RESUMED.\MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Interista

Probably no big deal.

I asked an accounts advisor in BofI about getting online banking. She told me not to bother as the system is basically rubbish.

Interista

Ah in fairness, its not the worst.
Well, she told me (and she works there!) that only a few accounts are viewable online. I have a 40-day notice account and she said there was no point in me getting online banking as my account is not available online. She reckoned their online dept needed to get with the programme and update its system.

karldaly

Interesting that we had to hear this from 'outside' (BBC).

Further proof that there is a complete media censorship lockdown in relation to all matters about BANKING, BANKERS, DERIVATIVES etc. in this country at the present time.

toratoratora

Well, she told me (and she works there!) that only a few accounts are viewable online. I have a 40-day notice account and she said there was no point in me getting online banking as my account is not available online. She reckoned their online dept needed to get with the programme and update its system.
Ah, that sounds like a term deposit account, which afaik are not hooked up to the online portal. So as far as those accounts are concerned, yes you're right the online banking is not going to be of much use. But they make up a small percentage of accounts in BOI in general. All the important day-to-day account types (current, savings, and credit card accounts) are all accessible via online banking (up to today at least anyway - I'm curious as to the nature of this particular problem...). So it's not THAT bad. :)

paulp

Banks are frozen

water turned off

power to go next I reckon

Social Conscience

Yes this could happen later today when a 'cap' is put on all top civil service salaries. Ouch I can feel the pain thats coming down the track.

Great to see the home media jumping on a issue which concerns its citizens.

Schuhart

That's a slightly different thing. Their online offering for current account/credit cards and whatnot is basic but fine.

paulp

What time will the U.N. forces be landing at?

Schuhart

Banks are frozen

water turned off

I haven't been keeping up with the latest Zombie Apocalypse thinking. Could some kind soul tell me if current Global Best Practice is to forage by day and hide by night, or forage by night and hide by day?

paulp

I haven't been keeping up with the latest Zombie Apocalypse thinking. Could some kind soul tell me if current Global Best Practice is to forage by day and hide by night, or forage by night and hide by day?
doesn't matter - just make sure you don't eat cannibals when you go cannibal

Twin Towers

Great to see the home media jumping on a issue which concerns its citizens.
They have been evading like the plague issues of concern to citizens for the past ten years. Media my ass.

BOI online still down as are the individuals banks connections to the servers.

New Threads