• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Bankrupt gardai emigrating?

gaiusc

Many Gardaí 'bankrupt or emigrating'
Many gardaí 'bankrupt or emigrating' | BreakingNews.ie

This is 100% about property commitments gone bad. Their salaries are perfectly high enough to afford normal costs of living, leaving the only possibilities as extravagant PPR's they can't afford or excessive BTL investments. No other explanations make sense.

Last edited:

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
So on top of paying their incredible Salaries, expenses, early retirements and pensions we have to pick up the tab for their loans.

Sabbatical and back on full pay I suppose.

Some Life.

Spanner Island

Many Gardaí 'bankrupt or emigrating'
Many gardaí 'bankrupt or emigrating' | BreakingNews.ie

This is 100% (ONE HUNDRED PERCENT) about property commitments gone bad. Their salaries are perfectly high enough to afford normal costs of living, leaving the only possibilities as extravagant PPR's they can't afford or excessive BTL investments. No other explanations make sense.
So are you proposing a solution or what?

Eoin Coir

I heard a Garda representative say on the radio that if a Garda does not pay his lawful debts including mortgage they can be disciplined by the force

01/05/1926: Garda Siochana (Discipline) Regulations. 1926.

Check out number 22 on the link. Never knew that, does it apply to other jobs or just the guards
it has never happened and dis regs have been modernised and updated. It can only apply if the debt was to a local trader,and the garda might lean on him. Does not apply to lending institutions.

friendlyfire

Is someone massaging the numbers leaving?

jake76

Fides

it has never happened and dis regs have been modernised and updated. It can only apply if the debt was to a local trader,and the garda might lean on him. Does not apply to lending institutions.
Thanks for that - didn't stop the garda rep mentioning it in an interview

seanmoylantd

My poll .I don't believe that for one minute . Leave a cushy number like the Guards for an uncertain future outside Ireland .
Yeah . Right .

culmore

Can the gra give us some numbers of bankrupt Gardai, facts please not wild statements with no backup

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies