• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Barlmoral show at the Maze

death or glory

Just back from the Barlmoral show at the maze site. I have to say that the site and venue were excellent and the fine weather made the day.
Only stickler was the congestion getting out of the site. The infastructure needs a lot of work.
Imagine having the national stadium here, the match would be over by the time a lot of the people got parked.
Think it makes it the sensible option to keep the big sporting occasions in Belfast

Northtipp

Hate to steal others lines but f you had phoned Gerry Kelly he'd have told you how to get out of there quicker.

Ren84

Just back from the Barlmoral show at the maze site. I have to say that the site and venue were excellent and the fine weather made the day.
Only stickler was the congestion getting out of the site. The infastructure needs a lot of work.
Imagine having the national stadium here, the match would be over by the time a lot of the people got parked.
Think it makes it the sensible option to keep the big sporting occasions in Belfast
Any of Willies crew out there protesting? Genuine question BTW.

death or glory

Didn't notice any protestors but there should have been
I mean charging £15 to get in.

Ren84

Didn't notice any protestors but there should have been
I mean charging £15 to get in.
Rip off merchants. I remember going to an agri show a few years back, it was 8 euro to get in. Fekk that I thought. Walked around the perimeter of the event, found a hedge with a gap and dashed on in. Others saw me and did the same. It was shyte as well so even more chuffed not paying. :)

Northtipp

I actually agree though. Should be Belfast. Hotels, transport, parking, shopping etc etc.

C

Castle Ray

Spent 2 hours getting there and 2 hours back. £5 to park and £15 entrance. Apart from that it was good.

CarnivalOfAction

Heard Bic McFarlane, Gerry Kelly & Big Bob were getting loads of texts seeking the best way out of the Lazy K.

gako

It was always a no brain'er that a stadium should have been built, (Gaa Rugby Soccer), on the reclaimed land at Duncrue Belfast. Either they like it or not. M2 close by, and a beautiful specticle (Flood lights on in stadium) for those landing at city Airport. It would have been a beacon for cross community progress...what have we got now...only more seperation,,,

Schomberg

Cows and tractors? Sounds like a blast...

Schomberg

Vroom vroom, moo moo, baaa.......quack quack and neigh.......the smell of the slurry that reaches the city is enough for me....
Ploughing championships should be great this year Tommy!

Ren84

It was always a no brain'er that a stadium should have been built, (Gaa Rugby Soccer), on the reclaimed land at Duncrue Belfast. Either they like it or not. M2 close by, and a beautiful specticle (Flood lights on in stadium) for those landing at city Airport. It would have been a beacon for cross community progress...what have we got now...only more seperation,,,
A stadium would have been nice, but there was the concern it would have been too far outside of Belfast. A shared stadium for all three codes was always going to be unlikely. I think the next best option should have been a dual use football/rugby stadium, like the Aviva in Dublin, circa 40,000, rather than the two sub par stadia now being redeveloped. The new Windsor and Ravenhill will be nice when complete, I just feel they could have had bigger capacities.

belfast1981

A stadium would have been nice, but there was the concern it would have been too far outside of Belfast. A shared stadium for all three codes was always going to be unlikely. I think the next best option should have been a dual use football/rugby stadium, like the Aviva in Dublin, circa 40,000, rather than the two sub par stadia now being redeveloped. The new Windsor and Ravenhill will be nice when complete, I just feel they could have had bigger capacities.
Given the objections to Windsor I doubt it may even get off the ground and will continue to be the crap hole it is.

Ren84

Given the objections to Windsor I doubt it may even get off the ground and will continue to be the crap hole it is.
Objections?! Bloody NIMBYs. BTW, you're going to have to change that lovely cailíní as your avatar. A horrid fecking distraction, so it is. petunia

Ren84

Wullie not too happy. Actually saw this flag flying on the news yesterday and knew immediately some tossers would object.........

Someone should have told them it was the delegation from the Ivory Coast. petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies