• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Barroso joins Goldman Sachs

Morgellons

Remember him, the former head of the EU commission who said they would be no debt relief for Ireland in 2013? Unbelievably, he started out as a Communist in Portugal. Now he's joining Goldman Sachs as a special adviser for European affairs in light of Brexit, salary undisclosed. He's succeeding Peter Sutherland.

One of his roles is to advise the bank of developments in Europe in light of Brexit. Ironic, I think, as this kind of appointment is exactly the kind of thing Brexiters voted to be rid of.

He was the also the one who pushed for a second Lisbon vote here.

I find it a disgusting example of corruption and intrigue. The French report mentions such criticism of the appointment whereas the English one is merely factual.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/08/jose-manuel-barroso-to-become-next-head-of-goldman-sachs-international

Pluie de critiques après l

Last edited:

Analyzer

This stinks. This really stinks.

In the immortal words of Victoria Nuland, PHUCK THE EU.

It seems that "Vampire Squid" can do as it pleases.

We punched above our weight by bailing out the bondholders. Including G-Sucks. Barrosso was EU Commission President, at the time. And now we see this.

This really phucken stinks.

Morgellons

This stinks. This really stinks.

In the immortal words of Victoria Nuland, PHUCK THE EU.

It seems that "Vampire Squid" can do as it pleases.

We punched above our weight by bailing out the bondholders. Including G-Sucks. Barrosso was EU Commission President, at the time. And now we see this.

This really phucken stinks.
I know-surprised noone picked up on it earlier tbh.

And then people talk about "conspiracy theories"!!! You have Goldman Sachs, Barroso and Peter Sutherland all named in a short article-in the MSM!!!!! How blatant do things have to be?

Last edited:

Dame_Enda

Goldman Sachs funded the Remain campaign

ygargarin

Remember him, the former head of the EU commission who said they would be no debt relief for Ireland in 2013? Unbelievably, he started out as a Communist in Portugal. Now he's joining Goldman Sachs as a special adviser for European affairs in light of Brexit, salary undisclosed. He's succeeding Peter Sutherland.

One of his roles is to advise the bank of developments in Europe in light of Brexit. Ironic, I think, as this kind of appointment is exactly the kind of thing Brexiters voted to be rid of.

He was the also the one who pushed for a second Lisbon vote here.

I find it a disgusting example of corruption and intrigue. The French report mentions such criticism of the appointment whereas the English one is merely factual.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/08/jose-manuel-barroso-to-become-next-head-of-goldman-sachs-international

Pluie de critiques après l
This is what we've come to expect from these snouters. If there's a revolution, with a guillotine, there will be a qu for it.

asset test

Goldman Sachs funded the Remain campaign
And we have Mr. Sutherland telling us what to do wrt immigration. From his lovely perch in Switzerland.

If it wasn't outrageous it would be funny. lol. And now Barrosso is replacing Sutherland, have I got that right?

We should just leave EU right now. I know, I know, but honestly?

asset test

Telegram to Ms. May stat about this.

She might just get off the fence.

But on the other hand....

God what a mess this EU stuff is really. Who would know where to turn?

willow68

It's like all attempts of keeping appearances have gone, and the pigs are running the farm openly. Snouts in troughs and so on.
Truly despicable.

Extra

I expect RTE and Newstalk to be all over this story.

Not.

asset test

The real concern in many ways is what Junker the Drunker will be signed up for when he leaves.

The mind truly boggles.

Need a stiff drink now!

Morgellons

Who was he working for the whole time-that's another question.

edifice.

Keeping it in the family!

asset test

Who was he working for the whole time?
Not possible to say really. But in reality, all them boyos get great rewards when they move on from Prez of the Commission.

So you can be sure that lots of entities are watching out and will then snap them up when the time is right.

Barrosso to me was like a lizard. With due respect to that species.

Junker is another one. But I think he is stupid.

The Field Marshal

Dim wit Barrosso, to me, represented everything that is repulsive about the EU.

Semi-dim wit Junkers represents everything that is fully evil and dangerous about the EU.

The Field Marshal

Not possible to say really. But in reality, all them boyos get great rewards when they move on from Prez of the Commission.

So you can be sure that lots of entities are watching out and will then snap them up when the time is right.
This is the European Commission that is supposed to serve the people of Europe.

Barrosso to me was like a lizard. With due respect to that species.
Lizards have more grace and are less repulsive.

Junker is another one. But I think he is stupid.
Do not under estimate Junkers.
He is not stupid only semi stupid.

Junkers is what in true Dublinese would be called: a little bollix.

His principal public redeeming feature is his fondness for alcohol and of course the Irish will forgive him in spades.

However it is not so simple.

The Field Marshal

Damn I was hoping Paul Murphy would get that job.
This is very clearly the thoughts of a simpleton. I'm amazed people engage with this level of ignorance.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Barroso is competent on economics and geopolitics, so it is appropriate for an Investment Bank to hire him to a role of that nature

The concern would be if he used his relationships from public service inappropriately ...which begs the question of the perpetually outraged ...what would be an example of inappropriate behavior ?

cYp

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies