• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Barry Andrews appointed CEO of Goal

SKELLY

AID CHARITY GOAL has this evening announced the appointment of former junior minister Barry Andrews as its new chief executive.
The former Dún Laoghaire TD, who is currently Fianna Fáil’s director of elections for the Children’s Rights referendum, will take up his position shortly.
Andrews, 45, who is a son of former minister David Andrews and a cousin of broadcaster Ryan Tubridy, succeeds John O’Shea at the helm of the charity which O’Shea himself founded in 1977.
GOAL chairman Pat O’Mahony said Andrews would begin his tenure by meeting with international donors, governments and senior staff in the 12 countries in which the body operates.
http://www.thejournal.ie/barry-andrews-new-ceo-of-goal-666897-Nov2012/?utm_source=twitter_self

This country is badly in need of a Lutherian nailing of the 95 theses on the church door moment

Last edited:

Raketemensch

LOL@ maFFia charity chief: "one for me, one for Goal, one for me....."

wombat

Goal is a private organisation, its their business who they appoint. Barry Andrews is a very likable person, hopefully it means he won't run in the next election (I gave him a preference in the last one):lol:

im axeled

wha.................................................................................................t

Skypeme

This country is badly in need of a Lutherian nailing of the 95 theses on the church door moment
Perhaps you could explain in 95 words or more why you have come to that conclusion.

Man or Mouse

Kathleen O'Meara a failed TD, another of the genre

SKELLY

Goal is a private organisation, its their business who they appoint. Barry Andrews is a very likable person, hopefully it means he won't run in the next election (I gave him a preference in the last one):lol:
rubbish, the state funds Goal to the tune of millions of Euros, it got 17m from the state in 2010

grassroots

Good appointment. He will improve the standing of Goal and reduce the standing of FF. Goal's gain is FF's loss. He obviously sees no way back for FF and refused the offer from ither parties.

Phil Maker

Twitter
dont talk to me about twitter
FF
Peter Power UNICEF Ireland
Barry Andrews GOAL
Angela Kerins Rehab

Lab
Fergus Finlay Barnardos

who, where, next?

What the Fug

Good appointment. He will improve the standing of Goal and reduce the standing of FF. Goal's gain is FF's loss. He obviously sees no way back for FF and refused the offer from ither parties.
feel sorry for the Uganda lads, how are they going to live with a FF hack running the show.

drjimryan2

gamekeeper turned poacher or

poacher turned gamekeeper.....

the rte canteen will be heaveein!

good choice, nice guy, good family.....

lying eyes

FF
Barry Andrews GOAL
Angela Kerins Rehab

Lab
Fergus Finlay Barnardos

who, where, next?
Well all the above are well used to charity-we the people have looked after them very well. By the way I wonder will he look into the goings on at that organassition- their last boss slipped away very quickly???????

wombat

FF
Barry Andrews GOAL
Angela Kerins Rehab

Lab
Fergus Finlay Barnardos

who, where, next?
Ivan Yates for???

lying eyes

OLd Mary Hannafin will be on her second glass of sherry-the unemployed Mary might be in the running for another chance at election, that is if Micky Martin thinks she is young enough, I would say age wise she is border line-

TommyO'Brien

He is a good choice. Not withstanding all the usual huffing and puffing on here, Andrews is highly regarded by all those who deal with him.

It is a bad sign for FF though. He is one of a relatively small number of FF TDs who lost the seat who was a genuine loss, in the sense that he had an enormous amount of ability. They really did need to see him come back. A lot of the others they lost were wasters and gobshytes. He wasn't.

Aindriu

Jobs for the boys again