• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Barry Andrews running scared of opposition

mmrebel

Barry Andrews Fianna Fail TD & Minister for children dominated the airwaves on thursday after the investigation by child welfare experts, set up by the HSE, into the failings of the Roscommon abuse case was made public . The report makes for Grim reading and rightly laid the blame at the door of HSE.
But if you were watching RTE Primetime & Vincent Browne on Thursday did you wonder why there were no opposition spokespeople on from Labour or Fine Gael ?
Well it has come to light that Barry Andrews refused to go on Prime Time and Vincent Browne if there were any opposition spokespeople on those shows with him.
This another case of Fianna Fail running scared and quite frankly it is a cowardly act by Andrews .
It is actually something i believe that FF do to RTE ,but i thought Vincent Browne would have more courage than that.

berberie

Barry Andrews Fianna Fail TD & Minister for children dominated the airwaves on thursday after the investigation by child welfare experts, set up by the HSE, into the failings of the Roscommon abuse case was made public . The report makes for Grim reading and rightly laid the blame at the door of HSE.
But if you were watching RTE Primetime & Vincent Browne on Thursday did you wonder why there were no opposition spokespeople on from Labour or Fine Gael ?
Well it has come to light that Barry Andrews refused to go on Prime Time and Vincent Browne if there were any opposition spokespeople on those shows with him.
This another case of Fianna Fail running scared and quite frankly it is a cowardly act by Andrews .
It is actually something i believe that FF do to RTE ,but i thought Vincent Browne would have more courage than that.
Oh how ridiculous. Is he afraid of 'the opposition' pointing out to him the failures within his department? Does he really believe if he appears on a show without members of other parties that the general public will swallow his rhetoric??

I bet FF would call an election now if only FF candidates were allowed to run!

TradCat

Why do RTE and TV3 allow this? Invite the opposition and explain that the Minister refused to go on if the opposition were there. End of problem.

mmrebel

Why do RTE and TV3 allow this? Invite the opposition and explain that the Minister refused to go on if the opposition were there. End of problem.
Im guessing the thinking is better to have someone grill the minister if you can call it that rather than have the coward not show at all

FakeViking

Can I just point out that Barry Andrews is not a Minister.

If in doubt, read the constitution.

FakeViking

I can call myself the Minister for Motherhood and Apple Pie.

Anyway, sorry, not my intention to derail the thread topic which is why these incompetent, overpaid clowns can't face opposition, and how the MSM allows them to.

mmrebel

Well the reality is that he is the man who the buck stops with and if he is running scared then we know his true colour

oggy

Shocking case and the stupid ABFF want to make a political football out of it. To tell the truth I can understand why anyone is afraid of the socalled Opposition, whatever faults FF have they are nothing compared to the depraved dirty politics of the Opposition

spidermom

Shocking case and the stupid ABFF want to make a political football out of it. To tell the truth I can understand why anyone is afraid of the socalled Opposition, whatever faults FF have they are nothing compared to the depraved dirty politics of the Opposition
Your back!!!...nice!

Mushroom

You're back!!!...nice!
The HSE cutbacks in community care are really beginning to bite when half-wits like the ogg creature are released without supervision.

spidermom

The HSE cutbacks in community care are really beginning to bite when half-wits like the ogg creature are released without supervision.
:)

renewal

Barry Andrews - the man who says it's OK for the Bishop of Cloyne not to fill in parts of a questionaire dealing with child abuse. Months later the Popes fires the same Bishop.

To be frank, I don't think trust Barry Andrews to tell the truth. I have heard him on a radio show say that Bertie Aherne never lied to the UN when Bertie Ahern promised 0.7% of whatever would go to foreign aid. It might have come close to it. I think we were trying to get someone elected the security council. Anyhow I distinctly remember him saying Bertie never said that when in fact had. On another occasion on Q&A Joan Burton was quoting Cromwell about 'Go now..' as Noel Dempsey had also be quoting Cromwell over the previous weekend. Anyhow B. Andrews was there saying 'no, no, Cromwell never said anything like that..'. Just the directness of the lie got up my nose and made me think that this man doesn't tell the truth and is more interested in protecting his institution which presumably is FF.

mmrebel

Fianna Fail Cowards

paddywhack

Any comment from Harney on this sad episode, or has it nothing to do with her?