Battery Cages - LIVE.

Simon.D

More people will be fed if we were to stop putting good food through the bodies of nonhuman animals first.
So non-humans don't deserve "good food"? For someone proporting to be advocating on behalf of captive animals, you have such an obvious disrespect for their existence... (As is supported by your previous admission that you want their genetic imprint wiped off the face of the planet).. You've such a strange ideology, as most people on your side of the fence actually care for the animals they're advocating for and would be abhorred by your ideals aiming to euthanise multiple species.. It's all a bit unsettling to say the least...

RootofStar

So non-humans don't deserve "good food"? For someone proporting to be advocating on behalf of captive animals, you have such an obvious disrespect for their existence... (As is supported by your previous admission that you want their genetic imprint wiped off the face of the planet).. You've such a strange ideology, as most people on your side of the fence actually care for the animals they're advocating for and would be abhorred by your ideals aiming to euthanise multiple species.. It's all a bit unsettling to say the least...

That is a misrepresentation of my view. Animal rights is about ending the domestication of nonhuman animals, as I'm sure you know.

Ros

Simon.D

That is a misrepresentation of my view.
I don't think it is.. Your previous posts on the matter have clearly stated that part of your ideal potentially included ending the existence of the species you claim to be advocating for (i.e. domestic cattle, sheep, dogs, cats, goats, horses, chickens, pigs etc etc....), seeing as their feral form wouldn't mesh well and would interfere with your ideal of a peaceful co-coexistence with other sentients on this planet.. That clearly exposes an absence of respect for these creatures..

RootofStar

I don't think it is.. Your previous posts on the matter have clearly stated that part of your ideal potentially included ending the existence of the species you claim to be advocating for (i.e. domestic cattle, sheep, dogs, cats, goats, horses, chickens, pigs etc etc....), seeing as their feral form wouldn't mesh well and would interfere with your ideal of a peaceful co-coexistence with other sentients on this planet.. That clearly exposes an absence of respect for these creatures..

It shows no such thing. Nonhuman domesticates are deliberately bred - often with artificial insemination - so they can be exploited and killed. Their rights are routinely and systematically violated - but that is why we breed them.

Animal rights would end that.

Ros

Cormac O Conachur

Root of Star

Nature is a raw power and is cruel and indiscriminate and all species are in competition with each other and this battle is always in a shifting balance with casualties every day along the way. Man is part of this battle, your attempts to end the battle are noble, ( an entirely human concept) but not recognised in nature. In fact there would be no life or evolution without the battle to survive. End the battle and we all die together.

You'll figure it out someday hopefully,( but not in the company that you keep, ie Regan and Francionne,) and enjoy your short life with the gifts that nature has bestowed upon your species, which includes the ability to kill and digest meat.

RootofStar

Root of Star

Nature is a raw power and is cruel and indiscriminate and all species are in competition with each other and this battle is always in a shifting balance with casualties every day along the way. Man is part of this battle, your attempts to end the battle are noble, ( an entirely human concept) but not recognised in nature. In fact there would be no life or evolution without the battle to survive. End the battle and we all die together.

You'll figure it out someday hopefully,( but not in the company that you keep, ie Regan and Francionne,) and enjoy your short life with the gifts that nature has bestowed upon your species, which includes the ability to kill and digest meat.

What are noble are attempts to reduce the amount of violence in the world. Of course, societies do this all the time in the sense that they have police forces and norms and values about how people should interact.

We cannot think about moral issues on the basis of what we are able to do. Humans have the ability to rape, act in a racist and sexist manner, and so on. Indeed, these harms have been perpetrated for generations, so we could even appeal to "tradition" in support of them if we wanted to.

These are things to challenge, are they not?

Ros

The Field Marshal

Simon.D

Nonhuman domesticates are deliberately bred - often with artificial insemination - so they can be exploited and killed
Fail to see the problem with that, once they are paid in kind for said exploitation and premature death, by providing for their health and welfare needs while alive... Putting myself in their shoes, I would take the opportunity to live if said life was relatively pleasant... You want to remove this opportunity completely, which to my mind suggests you have zero respect for their current existence... Lots of happy cattle out in the countryside should you bother to familiarize yourself with the reality of their day to day existence...

TARZAN

The biggest problem free range farming of hens now encounters is the wild mink that roam the countryside thanks to the animal rights groups who released them. A mink if released into that battery cage would kill every single chicken and is far more destructive than any fox. The animal rights lunatics have a lot to answer for.

RootofStar

The biggest problem free range farming of hens now encounters is the wild mink that roam the countryside thanks to the animal rights groups who released them. A mink if released into that battery cage would kill every single chicken and is far more destructive than any fox. The animal rights lunatics have a lot to answer for.

Is it not the case that more minks escape or have been released by "fur farmers" than by animal advocates?

Ros

TARZAN

Of course it is ROS. Fur farmers are known the world over for releasing thousands of mink and getting the animal rights movement to claim credit for it on their website.

RootofStar

Of course it is ROS. Fur farmers are known the world over for releasing thousands of mink and getting the animal rights movement to claim credit for it on their website.

Well, I think I'm right that most minks released in Britain were released by fur farmers at the time of WWII.

Ros

Pangur Ban

I used to think I knew what free range meant - having read this thread I'm not so sure!

Can anyone tell me where I can find the regulations on this? I'd like to educate myself

RootofStar

I used to think I knew what free range meant - having read this thread I'm not so sure!

Can anyone tell me where I can find the regulations on this? I'd like to educate myself

I think the situation is complex. In Ireland there are undoubtedly "free range" farms that look like the picture book ideal but people in the know say this is changing and so the definition changes.

I think the regulation simply says birds have to "have access" to the outside.

http://www.ciwf.ie/farminfo/farmfacts_egghens.html

Ros

RootofStar

This is a live stream from a hidden camera placed in a farm in Israel.

Reality TV Reaches the Chicken Coop - ???????? ??????? ???? ????

According to Compassion In World Farming Ireland - Compassion In World Farming Ireland - Irish Farming Facts - these are the living conditions of 68% of chickens held captive in Ireland.

An animal rights view on this, btw, would not think that "free range" birds get a much better deal - they certainly end up in the same slaughterhouses.

Ros

Another live feed, this time from an animal user company.

JS West and Companies

Ros

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies