• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

BBC: Cork ''a City that is more Genuinely Irish than Dublin''!

Seanie Lemass

pinemartin

I have heard that the good burghers of the City are organising a protest about the failure to fly the union flag on the city hall.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
It sounds like they're taking the piss. Food capital of Ireland, champion of fine food and drink etc.

Cos much and all as I like Cork, the nicest thing you could say about its restaurants is that they are limited. There are small towns near Cork like Kinsale where you would hope to have a better dining experience. And frankly Dublin, with everything ranging right up to Michelin starred restaurants, is vastly superior. The English market is lovely though.

Roll_On

In terms of being 'traditionally Irish', I'd put Galway a lot higher up there on the list. However, I wouldn't expect your run of the mill BBC reporter get their tiny minds around the true diversity of Irish culture.

InsideImDancing

I can't access the page because I'm in the UK, and I couldn't access that TV3 documentary either, fk this I'm moving to Cork!

Mr. Bumble

Kerrygold

BBC were obviously impressed by the huge welcome that HRM had in Cork compared to the riots and indifference in the actual capital :)
Its not called Rebel Cork for nothing you know (and it has nothing to do with fighting the Brits).

But ye're not known as Jackeens for no reason either.

;)

RobertW

In terms of cities there's no comparison between Dublin and Cork.

Dublin City Centre has much more going for it than Cork City Centre.

Rural

Cork is a city with that small town feel when you are in it - It was always better than Dublin (which I loved, but not any more). Auld lads wearing caps and waving to each other on Pana.

The smells in the Evening in Kinsale of fish and garlic. The scenery, Shandon Bells, The Buttera, home made boiled sweets in Shandon.

The best city in the whole world.

d7bohs

'Rebel' Cork hugely pleased with flattery from pillar of British establishment shock.

Seanie Lemass

Its not called Rebel Cork for nothing you know (and it has nothing to do with fighting the Brits).

But ye're not known as Jackeens for no reason either.

;)

Jackeens has nothing to do with the Union Jack if that is what you are insinuating :)

"No answering signal did come from,
The Lonely Banna Strand.

"No signal answers from the shore",
Sir Roger sadly said,
"No comrades here to meet me,
Alas, they must be dead .....

Not dead, just hiding :)

In terms of cities there's no comparison between Dublin and Cork.

Dublin City Centre has much more going for it than Cork City Centre.
Things must have improved since I was last there.

Eating out in Dublin was in my experience a dreadful experience.

purpledon

This new found affection that Britain has for Ireland at the moment is making me very nervous indeed. I can feel the big "friendly" arm about me, but the urge that I have is to scream aagh.............................FOff, get away from me.

Or is that just me?

Roll_On

That being said, Cork is a lovely city which will hopefully grow into a much larger metropilis in the future, with much better weather than Dublin, Galway and Belfast, due to it's tropical latitude.

RichardDeClare

Cork is a city with that small town feel when you are in it - It was always better than Dublin (which I loved, but not any more). Auld lads wearing caps and waving to each other on Pana.

The smells in the Evening in Kinsale of fish and garlic. The scenery, Shandon Bells, The Buttera, home made boiled sweets in Shandon.

The best city in the whole world.
And only 18 miles from Midleton!!