BBC NOW REPORTING :Ireland 'in preliminary talks with EU on bailout'

thetruthsback

The Irish Republic is in preliminary talks with eurozone officials for financial support, the BBC has learned.

Correspondents say it is no longer a matter of whether but when Dublin formally approaches the Financial Stability Fund (FSF) for a bailout.

The provisional estimate for FSF loans lies between 60bn and 80bn euros.

The Irish government has not formally denied that it is in talks about accessing the FSF, insisting instead that "it makes no sense" to do so

Just Jack

Great.

Black Cat

Why do we keep having to go to external sources to hear the real news? Why do our leaders feel the need to keep denying the truth to us?

alonso

Well that's it then... scrolling across the bottom of BBC News while RTE report that the IMF have faith in Ireland...

Sync

t is now no longer a matter of whether but when the Irish government formally approaches the European Financial Stability Fund (EFSF) for a bailout.

The provisional estimate for EFSF loans is believed to lie between 60bn and 80bn euros ($82-110bn; £51-68bn).

thetruthsback

Expect news on Monday morning. It reminds me of the currency crises in the early 90s, when the government denied it was not going to devalue the currency. First thing on the Monday, the government devalued. Bertie was the Minister of Finance at the time. Another fine mess he got us into!!!!

Simbo67

Expect news on Monday morning. It reminds me of the currency crises in the early 90s, when the government denied it was not going to devalue the currency. First thing on the Monday, the government devalued. Bertie was the Minister of Finance at the time. Another fine mess he got us into!!!!
Actually the devaluation worked out pretty well for Ireland, it led to an export boom and since our economy is dependent on exports it helped the economy.

PAD1OH

the article has a title "Reckless lending"

they forgot to mention the Reckless borrowing

darkknight

The two Reuters photos accompanying this report on the BBC website speak volumes:

possible captions: homeless & clueless

wombat

Well that's it then... scrolling across the bottom of BBC News while RTE report that the IMF have faith in Ireland...
Someone is lying?

Disillusioned democrat

FFS - just yesterday the DoF denied this and Cowen said we didn't need help. Does anyone in this good forsaken Government have a clue, or give a sh1t?

Obviously the people, whom they are supposed to serve and represent, are as usual the last to know. The implications are huge - and I believe mostly to the benefit of every working irish person - and yet our government resisted as long as possible, then denied it was happening and finallyu we hear about it from the BBC.

Jesus Wept!!!

Sham96

Same happened with Greece. Pretend we are not loaning you money. Ridiculous stuff that nobody believes. Treason, treason and treason.

constitutionus

The Irish Republic is in preliminary talks with eurozone officials for financial support, the BBC has learned.

Correspondents say it is no longer a matter of whether but when Dublin formally approaches the Financial Stability Fund (FSF) for a bailout.

The provisional estimate for FSF loans lies between 60bn and 80bn euros.

The Irish government has not formally denied that it is in talks about accessing the FSF, insisting instead that "it makes no sense" to do so
you know if that quote had've read "i dont accept that" i'dve burst out laughing.

now all i can think about is that episode of south park.

:)

Decadance

RTE are reporting Cowen as stating:

'Ireland has made no application whatever for funding. We have funding up to mid-year because of the pre-funding arrangements of NAMA.'

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1112/economy.html

We are obviously just talking about applying not actualy applying yet - typical FF semantics, mental reservation or simple lying!

Fr. Hank Tree

FFS - just yesterday the DoF denied this and Cowen said we didn't need help. Does anyone in this good forsaken Government have a clue, or give a sh1t?

Obviously the people, whom they are supposed to serve and represent, are as usual the last to know. The implications are huge - and I believe mostly to the benefit of every working irish person - and yet our government resisted as long as possible, then denied it was happening and finallyu we hear about it from the BBC.

Jesus Wept!!!
Yeah I'm getting sick of being treated like a kid.

New Threads

Most Replies