BBC presenter defends coverage of their ROI soccer team coverage.

Mickeymac

Something tells me Joe has missed a lot of schooling, no excuse for Grim though given his comments in the link above.

Round tower

automaticforthepeople

I know a few GAA chairmen who ring RTE regularly to ask Darragh Moloney the exact same question. Why are foreign games given so much coverage on the national broadcaster?

redneck

Unfortunately both the Irish Rugby and Irish soccer teams do not deliver when it matters. The GAA always delivers.

Glenshane4

I know a few GAA chairmen who ring RTE regularly to ask Darragh Moloney the exact same question. Why are foreign games given so much coverage on the national broadcaster?
Please name the GAA chairmen? Why do you believe anything any employee of RTE tells you?

Glenshane4

Unfortunately both the Irish Rugby and Irish soccer teams do not deliver when it matters. The GAA always delivers.
Please, that is below the belt. No doubt, the rugby and soccer players do their best. Their opposition might be more formidable than anything a GAA team has to face.

devonish

Casement Park was part of the rugby bid wasn’t it?
It was, and one of the main reasons for the IRFU bid failing was on stadia, undoubtedly the Casement fiasco contributed significantly in a negative way. It's hard to know who is to blame more for the fiasco, the GAA or SF?

Glenshane4

It was, and one of the main reasons for the IRFU bid failing was on stadia, undoubtedly the Casement fiasco contributed significantly in a negative way. It's hard to know who is to blame more for the fiasco, the GAA or SF?
Why should the GAA allow its resources to be used to compete against the GAA?

P.S. The Casement Park saga is certainly a fiasco. I blame the Antrim County Board and, to a lesser extent, the Ulster Council of the GAA. As for Sinn Fein, the blame rests entirely with the GAA authority which allowed politicians of any party to influence its decisions.

between the bridges

The GAA failed to adequately consult and engage with local residents and SF tried to override h&s issues, so moi'd say tis fairly even...

Dr Lovemuffin

The GAA delivers but it doesn't matter!! I'd rather an Irish Team beats France, Germany, England or Australia than Kerry or Cork! Its a pity all our talent is locked up in GAA. Imagine how we could complete against other countries in international sports! I do think however that the GAA is a fine organisation and a huge benefit to the cultural life in Ireland, I'm just wish it didn't suck up all our talent!!

devonish

The GAA delivers but it doesn't matter!! I'd rather an Irish Team beats France, Germany, England or Australia than Kerry or Cork! Its a pity all our talent is locked up in GAA. Imagine how we could complete against other countries in international sports! I do think however that the GAA is a fine organisation and a huge benefit to the cultural life in Ireland, I'm just wish it didn't suck up all our talent!!
I'm guessing you're from south of the border.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/10/30/news/peadar-heffron-tells-how-he-was-shunned-by-gaa-when-he-joined-psni-1174427/

devonish

Why should the GAA allow its resources to be used to compete against the GAA?

P.S. The Casement Park saga is certainly a fiasco. I blame the Antrim County Board and, to a lesser extent, the Ulster Council of the GAA. As for Sinn Fein, the blame rests entirely with the GAA authority which allowed politicians of any party to influence its decisions.
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

statsman

What, exactly, does the GAA deliver? Parcels?

New Threads

Most Replies