BBC presenter defends coverage of their ROI soccer team coverage.

de valera's' giddy goat

Bad enough an island having one useless international soccer team, but two is very unfortunate. And then the rugby crowd get all excited when winning a friendly but we rarely win any meaningful competition in that either.

between the bridges

Totally agree .. that shouldn't happen....

See bwigey, it can be done with ZERO whataboutery or deflecting ... I realise youve never managed this yourself but you should try it sometime...
Do ye mean apart from the whatabootery about moi and the deflecting to moi? DUH...

Seriously lad are ye just thick or special? because moi's starting to feel bad about laughing at yer dribbling...

Se0samh

Do ye mean apart from the whatabootery about moi and the deflecting to moi? DUH...

Seriously lad are ye just thick or special? because moi's starting to feel bad about laughing at yer dribbling...

Do you think that amount of BBC coverage is right, or do you have a different view, an elucidation of your views on the subject of the OP, abuse of other posters won't get us very far will it. :)

I believe that the BBC should screen all FAI matches, given the level of support they enjoy in the north. :D

between the bridges

Do you think that amount of BBC coverage is right, or do you have a different view, an elucidation of your views on the subject of the OP, abuse of other posters won't get us very far will it. :)

I believe that the BBC should screen all FAI matches, given the level of support they enjoy in the north. :D
This thon a statement Gramps? <<< NB note the ?mark...

Gin Soaked

Bad enough an island having one useless international soccer team, but two is very unfortunate. And then the rugby crowd get all excited when winning a friendly but we rarely win any meaningful competition in that either.
If we were not competing with the GAA, we could be like NZ . Just with fewer sheep.

between the bridges

Not knocking the GAA, but it's not exactly an international sport.
Was there nat a made up form of slap ball invented to play the kangaroo rustlers...

between the bridges

:confused:... I cannot tell what you mean...what dialect are you using.........is there anything about BBC coverage of the FAI in it...please translate..:confused:
Now now Gramps moi was being nice by nat mentioning yer idiotic suggestion that the BBC steal sky's signal...

AhNowStop

Ach bwigey, don’t be getting upset pet .... just because yer making an ass out of yourself .... again :lol:

between the bridges

Ach bwigey, don’t be getting upset pet .... just because yer making an ass out of yourself .... again :lol:
Lol yer the wan whingen about whatabootery while posting whatabootery and being to thick to realise it, bit like yer agreeing with Wolfie! Seriously lad give it up moi's sides canny take much more Captain...

AhNowStop

Lol yer the wan whingen about whatabootery while posting whatabootery and being to thick to realise it, bit like yer agreeing with Wolfie! Seriously lad give it up moi's sides canny take much more Captain...
Ah bwigey, you are soooo easy to wind up .... yer about ready to blow a fuse here ye poor aul bugger ...

Calm down ffs, you’ll do yourself an injury

Btw, I “told you” in an earlier post today that I was going to play you at your own game .. I.e. “whataboutery” & “deflection” galore .... so how do you like it so far ? :lol:

You are some clown :roll: lmfao

boldfenianman

You could just as easily look at this another way ... just maybe the GAA is a feeder to these other sports .. maybe without kids having a GAA lifestyle growing up there would be less of them going into & excelling at these other sports when they get older... (esp Rugby as many of them have had GAA backgrounds)

This might come even more into play in the current & future climate when kids are doing less & less physical activity apart from moving the end of their thumbs of course.... (the GAA will keep them active)

and you're right .. its a phenomenal institution ...
Its "fewer of them" not "less of them". Less of them implies the absence of a limb.

The Field Marshal

Unfortunately both the Irish Rugby and Irish soccer teams do not deliver when it matters.

Deliver what?

The GAA always delivers.
The GAA , unlike soccer and rugby does not have the same international following.

So. Aside from regular violence on the pitches what does the GAA deliver that soccer and rugby do not deliver?

boldfenianman

Really ? ... ffs :roll:

I know, but somebody has to uphold standards. It"s a bit like your mother telling you to tidy your room. You don't want to do it but you know she is right really. Think of me as your grammatical mother.

AhNowStop

I know, but somebody has to uphold standards. It"s a bit like your mother telling you to tidy your room. You don't want to do it but you know she is right really. Think of me as your grammatical mother.
Yeah well I suppose I could ..... but no, I think I prefer this :cool:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom