• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

BBC spotlight - 5/2/13 "border poll" poll

Iarmhi Gael

Big night tonight - only figure released to date is 56% who favour a border poll. Beeb been fairly tight lipped all day, with little getting out.

What Did however come out was that 3% of Catholics were in favour of the flag protests and 45% of protestants. Figures which I think are fairly similar to the GFA results. I'd have thought 3% is seriously low for those plugging the line that many Catholics want to be part of a united kingdom. I think for nationalists, republicans and the wider Irish community are in for some good numbers tonight.

InsideImDancing

Big night tonight - only figure released to date is 56% who favour a border poll. Beeb been fairly tight lipped all day, with little getting out.

What Did however come out was that 3% of Catholics were in favour of the flag protests and 45% of protestants. Figures which I think are fairly similar to the GFA results. I'd have thought 3% is seriously low for those plugging the line that many Catholics want to be part of a united kingdom. I think for nationalists, republicans and the wider Irish community are in for some good numbers tonight.
What times is it on at mate?

belfast1981

BBC Reveled the figures earlier. The options were

Border poll within a year
Border poll within 7 years
Border Poll within 20 years (I think)
No Border Poll ever

The 7 year option had the most votes, and truthfully is the most likely option out of those. 1 year may be too soon.

InsideImDancing

Iarmhi Gael

No Border Poll ever

The 7 year option had the most votes, and truthfully is the most likely option out of those. 1 year may be too soon.
Basically another avenue of polling core loyalists against core republicans. I have never seen so many protestants disgusted with what is coming out of the mouths of these flag protesters. Really helping the nationalist cause as people simply don't want to be associated with this side. Things are going to get even more dirty up here if the border poll is positive for nationalists

Ex celt

No Border Poll ever

The 7 year option had the most
votes, and truthfully is the most likely option out of those. 1 year may be too soon.
But what was the question?Both ssf/ira and dup want a border poll. Was the question about whether there should be a poll or how people would vote?

belfast1981

the poll on BBC was if one was to take place, how long before one should take place, at least the one I was talking about.

Iarmhi Gael

the poll on BBC was if one was to take place, how long before one should take place, at least the one I was talking about.
They also have a poll on how they'd vote on a border poll. I assume that to mean how they would vote in one and not whether to have one. They released these figures on BBC newline but have held off on the full border poll vote.

Check out @dempster7 & @markdevenport on Twitter. They are saying poll is in line with recent census findings

SgtBilko

They are saying poll is in line with recent census findings
Good. That'll finally shut up knobs like that idiot from Droheda and that other fool 'InsideImDancing'. Both seem to have convinced themselves that the census result would have no bearing on a Border Poll. Deluded fools.

*Gets popcorn ready and rubs hands together*

vinoboy

Basically another avenue of polling core loyalists against core republicans. I have never seen so many protestants disgusted with what is coming out of the mouths of these flag protesters. Really helping the nationalist cause as people simply don't want to be associated with this side. Things are going to get even more dirty up here if the border poll is positive for nationalists
Majority of Prods across all aspects know the flag issue was a SF inspired move to stick it up them.Most supported the initial "outburst" but not the succesive events ,Basil McCrea in realaty spoke for most unionists (though will never get that credit) .The paramilitary wings broadly do not support these events outside Rathcoole /East Belfast /Carrick-other areas have been very quiet and I would estimate actual support as less than 0.5% .Given the volatility of UPV leadership it will fragment soon and be a one hit wonder .
The UPV are the fringe of a fringe.
The other "issues" of deprivation cut across all creeds /classes and will worsen with welfare reform ,so all parties need to show some thinking/leadership in these troubled economic times.

InsideImDancing

Good. That'll finally shut up knobs like that idiot from Droheda and that other fool 'InsideImDancing'. Both seem to have convinced themselves that the census result would have no bearing on a Border Poll. Deluded fools.

*Gets popcorn ready and rubs hands together*
Now now, Bilko, calm down. It's only a wee poll.:)

It'll be seven years till the proper one.

SgtBilko

Now now, Bilko, calm down. It's only a wee poll.:)

It'll be seven years till the proper one.
You've got nearly three hours to come up with a better excuse than that.

Make sure you watch it.

Oh, and if this poll indicates anything less than 35% support for a United Ireland.....and you can forget all about the 7 year thing.

Such a lack of support would indicate that it won't happen in your life time ....if at all.

C

Castle Ray

Majority of Prods across all aspects know the flag issue was a SF inspired move to stick it up them.Most supported the initial "outburst" but not the succesive events ,Basil McCrea in realaty spoke for most unionists (though will never get that credit) .The paramilitary wings broadly do not support these events outside Rathcoole /East Belfast /Carrick-other areas have been very quiet and I would estimate actual support as less than 0.5% .Given the volatility of UPV leadership it will fragment soon and be a one hit wonder .
The UPV are the fringe of a fringe.
The other "issues" of deprivation cut across all creeds /classes and will worsen with welfare reform ,so all parties need to show some thinking/leadership in these troubled economic times.
Today's Newsletter suggests 45% of unionists believe the flag protests should continue. I find that very surprising but I know in east Belfast there's a lot more disgust at the flag decision by the wider unionist community than Alliance would like to think..

C

Castle Ray

I'd say we''ll have more loyalists making up facebook sites attacking the protestant population under the guise of it been put up by SF
Jeez, surely not THAT dirty?! Where will it end? Someone think of the children!! :roll: