BBC 'The View' - Nationalists to outnumber Unionists on the centenary of the gerrymandered artificial statelet, "Northern" Ireland..

AhNowStop

No because the Secretary of State would only call a border referendum it if there was a chance of it passing.

The SoS will certainly not call it when it is only supported by 27% of Northern Catholics and 3% Northern Protestants.

Hope this helps.
Its unlikely.

1 in 6 Catholics going to school have a prod parent.

Generation Alliance.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/books/mix-n-match-crossing-the-religious-divide-for-love-31130380.html

Over the figures are 40.8% Catholic. The rest all all proddies.

lmfao... keep er lit lads :lol:

ScoobyDoo

lmfao... keep er lit lads :lol:

So instead of believing the results of poll that show only 27% of Northern Catholics would vote for a United Ireland we are to believe you who says that 100% of Northern Catholics would vote for a United Ireland?

:)

Se0samh

So instead of believing the results of poll that show only 27% of Northern Catholics would vote for a United Ireland we are to believe you who says that 100% of Northern Catholics would vote for a United Ireland?

Still waiting to hear what facts you've posted...:)

AhNowStop

eh, where have I "ever" said that ?

Im saying Brexit and DUP arrogance has completely changed the game ... Not my fault you cant see that and keep reverting to historical polls :?

Me thinks some people just want to believe that it aint happening .. it is !!

Mickeymac

Im saying Brexit and DUP arrogance has completely changed the game ... Not my fault you cant see that and keep reverting to historical polls :?

The dopey hound is on a baiting mission, best laughed at than taken serious.

ScoobyDoo

My point backed up by clear evidence not all Northern Catholics will not vote for a United Ireland.

If you do not accept this, and take the opposing view clearly you are saying all Northern Catholics will vote for a United Ireland.

It is quite simple.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
The only real poll that counts are how people vote at elections not private opinion polls, at the 2016 Assembly elections there was only about 12,000 between the unionist and nationalist party's. If the poll by possibly the state's most corrupt institution RTE was accurate, the unionists and Brits would be having a border poll in the morning to humiliate nationalism. The fact that their both denying one says it all. Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Mickeymac

My point backed up by clear evidence not all Northern Catholics will not vote for a United Ireland.

If you do not accept this, and take the opposing view clearly you are saying all Northern Catholics will vote for a United Ireland.

It is quite simple.

Now you are being completely ridiculous, putting words, wishful thinking etc into other's mouth's ain't facts hound......WUTF, get a life or go troll elsewhere.

ScoobyDoo

The only real poll that counts are how people vote at elections not private opinion polls, at the 2016 Assembly elections there was only about 12,000 between the unionist and nationalist party's. If the poll by possibly the state's most corrupt institution RTE was accurate, the unionists and Brits would be having a border poll in the morning. The fact that their both denying one says it all.
It is not up to the Unionists to call the poll!

The Brits will only call for a border poll when they know it will likely pass. There is no point calling for the poll if it will fail and they will have to support NI for even longer after that.

ScoobyDoo

Now you are being completely ridiculous, putting words, wishful thinking etc into other's mouth's ain't facts hound......WUTF, get a life or go troll elsewhere.
What are you on about?

Someone on this thread said not all Northern Catholics would vote for a United Ireland.

I agreed and clearly demonstrated it with recent poll results.

I was attacked for this because "Brexit changes this".

1. Brexit has not happened.
2. Even if it had it would only change the point if Brexit means 100% of Northern Catholics would vote for a United Ireland.

How many times does this need to be explained to you?

Glenshane4

Yes it does - so-called "Northern" Ireland will soon be ruled by Nationalists, making the reunification of our country and the ending of England's rule in Ireland imminent
If by "Nationalists" you mean "Catholics," please describe them as "Catholics." Please call spades, spades.

A mainly Catholic Northern Ireland might not opt out of the UK - especially if Catholics enjoy ruling that part of the UK called "Northern Ireland."

On the other hand, a mainly Catholic Northern Ireland might lead to a United Ireland - if many Prods prefer a United Ireland to a Catholic ruled Northern Ireland.

Time will tell. Why are so many people so very sure that they know what the future will bring? "In the bowels of Christ, think, perchance, ye might be wrong."

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
It is not up to the Unionists to call the poll!

The Brits will only call for a border poll when they know it will likely pass. There is no point calling for the poll if it will fail and they will have to support NI for even longer after that.
Maybe your too young to know but the Brits called a border poll in the early 70's knowing because of the demographics back then unionism would easily win. However 2018 is an entirely different story, the fact they are dragging their feet on it says it all. Like I said only about 12,000 between nationalism and unionism, I myself think unionism would win by 10K to 20K if we had one this year, but 5 or at most ten years and it's game over for unionism.

former wesleyan

Mickeymac

What are you on about?

Someone on this thread said not all Northern Catholics would vote for a United Ireland.

I agreed and clearly demonstrated it with recent poll results.

I was attacked for this because "Brexit changes this".

1. Brexit has not happened.
2. Even if it had it would only change the point if Brexit means 100% of Northern Catholics would vote for a United Ireland.

How many times does this need to be explained to you?

Even senior Politicians have stopped talking "polls" when interviewed by hi filutin journos, makes a fool of them as everyone knows Brexit and the US election and even the last British one........made a monkey out of these "polls"

Best sticking to facts hound and drop your beloved "polls":lol:

Robo

Not all catholics in N Ireland are Irish, the eastern EU settlers are all Catholic for the most part and they don't care one bit for a UI. Counting chickens before they hatch, all that ticktocking and watching the Protestant to Catholic presentage. Nevermind what the other 16% will vote.

AhNowStop

It is quite simple.
:roll: .... dont be silly scooby .. its silliness that got you into this mess in the first place . oh go on I'll humour you...

I presume this "evidence" :roll: is some RTE poll which you mentioned but didint even "link" to ...

... there are various issues with this btw ..
a/ RTE are uber west brits and I wouldn't believe a feckin thing that came out of their mouths..
but mostly...
b/ that poll is out of date ... DUP arrogance & Brexit have changed the game ... its not rocket science .. why can you not grasp that ?

Now Ive told you this before but you seem to keep forgetting .. STOP pointing to historical polls,, its just silly

oh and just for the record, your weird conclusion that I must believe 100% of catholics will vote for a UI if I dont accept your irrelevant historical figures of those who wont, is just that .. weird :?

Now, to conclude, just so theres no confusion ... I believe that "most" catholics/nationalists WILL vote for a UI in a border poll due to the hideous, arrogant & supremacist performance of Unionism, especially the DUP .. and because of Brexit and what that means to Irish Citizens living in NI...... The "only" way to stop/delay this is for unionism to start behaving itself and stop thinking its 1950 all over again .. as unionism is unlikely to do this .. its a foregone conclusion...

btw, if brexit goes ahead, there will be unionists voting for a change too ... dont forget the half-crown ole bean !!

I cant make it much clearer than that !!

edit .. Ive seen the link to the historical RTE poll now :roll:
lol .. Oct 2015 .. pre Brexit & pre-Stormont shutdown .. lmfao .. you must be kidding :roll:

.... & RTE too... :lol:

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies