BBC “Whinging Clowns of the Year” award won by the DUP.

Enigma Variations

First things first. Carl Frampton should have been included on the list – in my opinion anyway. But it is hardly important.
This is not the first time that eyebrows were raised when someone has been overlooked for inclusion on a list they'd never win anyway.
My issue is with the politicians who try to curry favour through populist strops that have nothing at all to do with their jobs and even less to do with wealth creation, or the general welfare of the people they are elected to represent.
Politicians like Arlene........................
The Wicked Witch of the West declared Frampton's omission from the list “a scandal”............
Carl Frampton BBC Sports Personality of the Year omission a scandal: First Minister Arlene Foster - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
NAMA? Red Sky? Jenny Palmer? Get a grip, Arlene.
Meanwhile her whinging Minister for Whatever Day It Is Today or something similarly important, Paul Girvan, is about to launch the most ferocious rebuke on the BBC, as announced earlier in the media.
Laughably, minor journalists from local, irrelevant rags are driving this stuff to the limit and watching the DUP dance to their tune.
Oddly, the reality is that NI has punched well above its weight in the BBC competition since its inception just over 60 years ago in 1954, (relative to population of course) with three winners, five runners up and four in third place.
Arlene, please tell Paul Girvan that it is not his job to whine and whinge just because Nolan tells him it is a good idea. And while you're at it, tell yourself to grow up. Your job is creating jobs.
Oh, and attending to the minor matter that Antrim women have the lowest life expectancy in the UK.
Women in Antrim and Newtownabbey have lowest healthy life expectancy in the UK - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Your ideas on making us live longer are far more important than an annual BBC penis-measuring competition.
In all honesty could any sane person in the world remember who won this competition in, say, 2007, other than a member of their family?
That is the absurdity of this manufactured media controversy.
Get your arse in gear Arlene and stop falling for this pap.

Last edited:

cricket

I remember laughing when I read of urban town councils in ROI passing motions about Tony Ward being dropped from the Irish rugby team and other such nonsense.
It seems the spirit lives on at Stormont.

vivabrigada

I actually cringed when Ian Og Paisley came on Nolan saying he would raise the omission of Frampton (I'm a big fan) at Westminster.
Ffs!

Irish-Rationalist

Proof, as if proof were needed, of NI's peripheral and unimportant regional status.

In a statement, the corporation said: "In what has been an extraordinary year of sport, many contenders were considered and debated by an expert industry panel, who by consensus agreed on the shortlist."
Translation: In a statement, the corporation said: "In what has been an extraordinary year of English sport, many contenders were considered and debated by an English expert industry panel, who by consensus agreed on the mostly English shortlist. Northern Ireland? Where is that?

Dub01

Proof, as if proof were needed, of NI's peripheral and unimportant regional status.

Translation: In a statement, the corporation said: "In what has been an extraordinary year of English sport, many contenders were considered and debated by an English expert industry panel, who by consensus agreed on the mostly English shortlist. Northern Ireland? Where is that?
In fairness, the winner will come from Scotland.

vivabrigada

They treat the North as a backwater, as do English politicians. Look at the calibre of nobodies they send over here as pro consul's.
The only one with a bit of gumption was Mo Moslem. Unionists hated her.

death or glory

They treat the North as a backwater, as do English politicians. Look at the calibre of nobodies they send over here as pro consul's.
The only one with a bit of gumption was Mo Moslem. Unionists hated her.
Viva,
Great in-depth political and unbiased analysis there.

GDPR

DOG if you had to choose between your kids turning out homosexual or them turning out Catholics which would you choose?

between the bridges

DOG if you had to choose between your kids turning out homosexual or them turning out Catholics which would you choose?
Ye mean there's a difference...

death or glory

Well although both are sinful.
I know only one of them will definitely burn in hell.

death or glory

Which would that be DOG in your opinion?
Now REF,
you pretend you were brought up as a prod, so you should know what the bible says about who will be saved.

vivabrigada

Viva,
Great in-depth political and unbiased analysis there.
Predictive text. What was your opinion on Mo Molam? Unionists hated her for standing up to them, I thought she was great compared to the non entities the Tories have sent here.

collina

In fairness, the winner will come from Scotland.
And promptly return to put the trophy on his mantle piece in Florida.

automaticforthepeople

I remember laughing when I read of urban town councils in ROI passing motions about Tony Ward being dropped from the Irish rugby team and other such nonsense.
It seems the spirit lives on at Stormont.
Comparing Stormont to a UDC in the 1970's is an insult to the UDC's. Most of those councillors worked for a living! But if this is the stuff they come out with in public, can you just guess what they are like in private?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at one of the 6 monthly conferences that are North South!

between the bridges

Oh looky a 'new' poster, what fun...

New Threads

Most Replies