Beacuse of Reb terrorism- Prod church has bomb proof Sunday School

death or glory

Dungiven Presbyterian church has bought the old RUC station and has renovated it and now the sunday school is being held in a bomb proof building.
Isn't this a great use of the old police station and manages to remind the congergation of the sacrfices and dangers the brave men of the RUC faced on a daily basis from reb terrorists.

UK's 'only bomb-proof Sunday School' - BBC News

vivabrigada

Stick an Italian fleg on it then alert Willie Frazer to the danger.

CastleRay

Republicans will no doubt put a terrorist memorial outside it just like they did to intimidate other Protestants at the top of the town, where they regularly parade and stop outside the church.

McSlaggart

Republicans will no doubt put a terrorist memorial outside it just like they did to intimidate other Protestants at the top of the town, where they regularly parade and stop outside the church.
Do you think parades should not stop or go near places of worship?

McSlaggart

Dungiven Presbyterian church has bought the old RUC station and has renovated it and now the sunday school is being held in a bomb proof building.
Isn't this a great use of the old police station and manages to remind the congergation of the sacrfices and dangers the brave men of the RUC faced on a daily basis from reb terrorists.

I like Dungiven and am very fond of the people from that part of the world. They used to paint the town full of the national colours and it use to be a terrible mess. Stop at Green postboxes I say.....

Glenshane4

The first person killed in the Troubles was Francis McCloskey, a Dungiven Catholic who was murdered by Prod police after a Prod strut through Dungiven.

theloner

God, such ignorance and nonsensical posting and not even a page deep.

Mickeymac

Do you have a link to this demand that bands do not go near Catholic churches?

Good luck with that McS, he has insinuated the Massgoers were Republicans and they gathered outside Protestant places of worship to insult, show disrespect and play party tunes outside.

Mickeymac

death or glory

God, such ignorance and nonsensical posting and not even a page deep.
Don't worry Mickey's on board now so we will have pages more

death or glory

I like Dungiven and am very fond of the people from that part of the world. They used to paint the town full of the national colours and it use to be a terrible mess. Stop at Green postboxes I say.....
You're wrong again, I doubt Dungiven was ever painted red, white and blue.

PS you never mentioned anything about the abundance of flags in dungiven and how it spoiled the town's trade.

Last edited:

New Threads

Most Replies