Belfast Big Orange Parade

between the bridges

2019-10-18_new_54213529_I1.jpg

A Parades Commission spokesperson confirmed: "The Commission received on September 19 notification of a procession on Saturday, November 16 by the Royal Netherlands Football Association along a route from Dublin Road to Donegall Avenue.

"The organiser has notified of 900 participants with the procession taking place from 6pm until 6.30pm."

When feasible and cleared by the fans ambassadors and host authority's the GAWA hold marches to most away games, Iirc this is the first to return the serve, hope they enjoy the visit without the 3 points...

Coconut for anywan who spots moi...

Last edited:

Buchaill Dana

Life must be slow if walking from a pub to a game is worthy of comment.

death or glory

Life must be slow if walking from a pub to a game is worthy of comment.
Auch, don't be so bitter.
Have a bit of manners towards the Orangemen.

Buchaill Dana

Auch, don't be so bitter.
Have a bit of manners towards the Orangemen.
How am i bitter? You are the one expecting a pat on the head for being able to get from point a to point b

death or glory

How am i bitter? You are the one expecting a pat on the head for being able to get from point a to point b
Did it not even occur to you, it is not us parading, it is King Billy's country men the dutch football fans.
Duh.....

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

death or glory

Jayzuz. Easier on the eye than the typical boilers you see with cans of tennants at the real thing.
Which do you prefer the one with the yellow tee shirt or the man beside with the red sunglasses.

I bet you really get excited when you see the well dressed Orangemen march past on the Twelfth.

Buchaill Dana

Did it not even occur to you, it is not us parading, it is King Billy's country men the dutch football fans.
Duh.....
I get that. I just don't care. Maybe living in a global alpha city as opposed to a provincial town the ability to manage a crowd doesn't really seem worthy of a thread.

Emily Davison

I don’t understand what the OP is meant to be discussing. But did you know the Dutch are the tallest people in Europe. Their country is pretty flat and they are experts at keeping out the sea.

Lord Talbot

Which do you prefer the one with the yellow tee shirt or the man beside with the red sunglasses.

I bet you really get excited when you see the well dressed Orangemen march past on the Twelfth.
They'll be able to get married on Monday.

Dame_Enda

King Billy would have been a Remainer. Didnt he cross the sea to conquer England for the Netherlands.

Levellers

King Billy would have been a Remainer. Didnt he cross the sea to conquer England for the Netherlands.
You are correct. England has been conquered three times and acquiesced on all three occasions.

Firstly by the French in 1066, King Liam in 1688 and the Germans in 1714.

Lord Talbot

You are correct. England has been conquered three times and acquiesced on all three occasions.

Firstly by the French in 1066, King Liam in 1688 and the Germans in 1714.
Wrong on three counts.

Levellers

Wrong on three counts.
It would take a bit more than your gurning to prove those facts wrong.

The Frenchman William of Normandy became king of England; the Dutchman King Billy became king of England and the German George became king of England.

Lord Talbot

It would take a bit more than your gurning to prove those facts wrong.

The Frenchman William of Normandy became king of England; the Dutchman King Billy became king of England and the German George became king of England.
That's more accurate now that you've refined it.

Most Replies