Belfast City Council staff to be allowed to wear Easter Lily badges

McSlaggart

"Sinn Fein are to press for Belfast City Council staff to be allowed to wear Easter Lily badges.

And in a motion expected to go before the Council next month, the party’s leader at City Hall says he wants to see the republican symbol sold in the same way as the Poppy."

Sinn Fein to press for Belfast City Council staff to be allowed to wear Easter Lily badges - Belfast Live

I honestly do not think this is a great idea. I would prefer that such symbols are not sold in such public places. The fact that the poppy is sold and their is therefore no grounds in which you can deny the right to see such symbols.

cricket

Backward step. All emblems, including the poppy, should be banned.

Catalpast

"Sinn Fein are to press for Belfast City Council staff to be allowed to wear Easter Lily badges.

And in a motion expected to go before the Council next month, the party’s leader at City Hall says he wants to see the republican symbol sold in the same way as the Poppy."

Sinn Fein to press for Belfast City Council staff to be allowed to wear Easter Lily badges - Belfast Live

I honestly do not think this is a great idea. I would prefer that such symbols are not sold in such public places. The fact that the poppy is sold and their is therefore no grounds in which you can deny the right to see such symbols.
Will they send one to Leo?:cool:

SgtBilko

Backward step. All emblems, including the poppy, should be banned.
Sorry to spoil your deluded wet dream but banning the poppy would be just about as big a backward step as you could possibly take.

Cai

Sorry to spoil your deluded wet dream but banning the poppy would be just about as big a backward step as you could possibly take.
Well - allow both or neither - it 's pretty simple really.

Cai

False equivalence. But you know that.
No I don't. Some people in my country wear a daffodil in March. Some people wear a poppy in November. Some people do both & find no contradiction.

SgtBilko

No I don't. Some people in my country wear a daffodil in March. Some people wear a poppy in November. Some people do both & find no contradiction.
Poppy = Poppy.
Daffodil = Shamrock.

No problem with either of the above.

between the bridges

Lilly fascism...

Se0samh

Lilly fascism...

I know, I was in Marks and Sparks last Easter Sunday and they stopped serving for a two minute silence, for weeks before they were shoving Easter Lillies under your nose asking you to buy one, bloody pain or what............:rolleyes:

vinoboy

I know, I was in Marks and Sparks last Easter Sunday and they stopped serving for a two minute silence, for weeks before they were shoving Easter Lillies under your nose asking you to buy one, bloody pain or what............:rolleyes:
Thought you would be an Aldi man rather than supporting the bastion of the hated British middle class.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies