Belfast International: UK's worst airport according to Which? survey.

raetsel

Well, it's pretty bad but Dublin has taken most of the international customers so it's left with the rest. That said, Dublin Airport isn't the El Dorado it's made out to be by some, either. What major airport still has no direct train link to the city centre? Getting out of Dublin Airport by public transport is best avoided.
It doesn't excuse the lousy customer service in BI which is at best perfunctory and a shade unfriendly, carried out by bored people processing passengers as if they were a bit of a nuisance. This year I've gone through Belfast City in late January, Dublin in April and Aldergrove at the end of June. In Dublin, the security checks were made as pleasant as it is possible in the circumstances. The Aldergrove experience was about one step up from a trip behind the Iron Curtain circa 1979. I'm not so deluded as to think that in Dublin they are more friendly - like other capital cities anywhere you can experience dreadful rudeness, but it was obvious that the security staff in Dublin airport had been trained in people skills as well as their primary purpose. In BI that was lacking.
As I went through security there in June, a young bloke chewing gum, possibly a third my age, barked "raise yer arms, mate" when something pinged after I emerged through the metal detector. Now there's a case for a long, long course in people skills, or maybe, even, reassignment to baggage handling.:)

raetsel

Ryanair and Aer Lingus announced earlier today that they are scaling back their operations in Belfast International and Belfast City and Ian Paisley is not happy. In his own words "dirty Dublin tricks" are "attacking Northern Ireland's tourism business" and is taking a swipe at Tourism Ireland for good measure.
Now Ian Jnr is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but even he must know that this is a load of b0llocks, but nevertheless he is seizing the opportunity for an other bout of sabre rattling at Dublin because it goes down well with the sort of morons who vote for him.
For a start Aer Lingus is now owned by International Airlines Group which was formed from a merger between British Airways and Iberia. He may as well blame London or Madrid for their decision.
Furthermore you'd need to be very naive to believe that Ryanair's Michael O'Leary would take heed of any intercession from Tourism Ireland or anyone else if his bottom line was affected.
Paisley's comments today just prove again that the DUP are addicted to sectarian politics and use it to their advantage time and time again.

Last edited:

New Threads

Most Replies