• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Belfast Telegraph Border Poll.....rogue poll to beat them all

ticketyboo

Sorry, people, but the link won't work for me.....
Anyway, the discussion is contained in the title.....seems at the latest count, 16,000 respondents, 73% of respondents said the time was right for a border poll and the second question said 70% of respondents favoured a united Ireland....
And no, I'm not getting excited about it, as my first thought is that it's a crock, but is there any sense of a disgruntled section of unionist opinion after the Brexit (how I hate that silly word) vote.
Sometimes mental things just happen in the world like the explosion in SNP membership after they lost the independence referendum, and the 180,000 who've ponied up in order to vote in the Labour leadership contest, but this one is a bridge too far for me....any thoughts...?

death or glory

Anyway, the discussion is contained in the title.....seems at the latest count, 16,000 respondents, 73% of respondents said the time was right for a border poll and the second question said 70% of respondents favoured a united Ireland....
And no, I'm not getting excited about it, as my first thought is that it's a crock, but is there any sense of a disgruntled section of unionist opinion after the Brexit (how I hate that silly word) vote.
Sometimes mental things just happen in the world like the explosion in SNP membership after they lost the independence referendum, and the 180,000 who've ponied up in order to vote in the Labour leadership contest, but this one is a bridge too far for me....any thoughts...?
Actually its true,
I've seen the error of my ways now that Brexit has happened.
I want a United Ireland and I want it now, as how else could Northern Ireland exist after the Brexit vote. Especially when I have heard this last couple of years how utopian a UI would be, sure every day would be like the 17th March.

Strawberry

Oh is this an online thing? I know where all those votes for a united Ireland are coming from then - England.

Irish-Rationalist

A link shall have to be forthcoming. Bel Tel? News Letter? Irish News? Name your source.

death or glory

Swords,
see post 4

death or glory

Oakily Doakily Hoopster.

Irish-Rationalist

Okay, that's it then. As these polls are always accurate (?), a united Ireland it is then. Job done thanks to Brexit. :roll:

McSlaggart

I can now openly say this Belfast Tel poll are "rubbish" {polite}.

Dame_Enda

The people participating in their online polls don't seem to be Unionists based on experience reading their results on their website.

McSlaggart

The people participating in their online polls don't seem to be Unionists based on experience reading their results on their website.
The funny part is that the conservatives will have to either say that this is rubbish or that their is evidence for a United Ireland.

Round tower

I would not put much faith in this poll, since the GFA the majority in NI must vote for a UI, just voted, i was not asked where i was from, will try again tomorrow to see can i vote again.

between the bridges

Moithinks ye should wipe the screen and put yer todger away...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies