Belfast Telegraph Interviews Oglaigh na hEireann

diy01

What are these interviews supposed to achieve? From the perspective of groups like this particular Óglaigh na hÉireann I mean... Simply publicity?

mickdotcom

They are not Oglaigh na HEireann

that title goes to the legitimate Defence Forces

might I suggest that they be reffered to as

ACG- or another criminal gang.

diy01

True enough. That's why I said 'this particular Óglaigh na hÉireann'.

mickdotcom

True enough. That's why I said 'this particular Óglaigh na hÉireann'.
I saw that mate and well done on that,

I wasnt having a pop at you- I was just clarifying it for the casual observer

thanks.

Northern Voice

I always thought ONH was the Irish for "Irish Republican Army", is it not? Always struck me as foolish to adopt the same name as a group you are trying to distinguish yourself from.

Lee McKeown

Yet more drug dealing, bank robbing, cigarette smuggling, knuckle-dragging Nationalist neanderthals who are trying to deal with the fact that the GFA was a complete and utter defeat for Irish Nationalism.

I think Loyalist paramilitaries also deserve praise for not rising to the bait from this sectarian death squad (and the other Irish murder gangs currently operating).

They aren't given enough credit for keeping militant Loyalist elements from dusting off the guns.

vinoboy

Winners and losers kind of debases the GFA ,I tend to think of it as an unhappy compromise which was cleverly thought out by Oxbridge types .Better than what has happened previously ,but ONH are the Republican Brotherhood circa 1850 .No overpowering desire on both sides to go back to total conflict , the economy is fixating minds more than the old "national question" issue.

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
Winners and losers kind of debases the GFA ,I tend to think of it as an unhappy compromise which was cleverly thought out by Oxbridge types .Better than what has happened previously ,but ONH are the Republican Brotherhood circa 1850 .No overpowering desire on both sides to go back to total conflict , the economy is fixating minds more than the old "national question" issue.
The NICRA was never about the "national question".

From a NICRA point of view the present political set up is a massive victory.

Even the nutters, DUP/Provos have to show each other respect.

And how well they do it.

Pity it took them so long.

Massive massive victory for those brave NICRA people who lived to see it.

Northern Voice

The NICRA was never about the "national question".

From a NICRA point of view the present political set up is a massive victory.

Even the nutters, DUP/Provos have to show each other respect.

And how well they do it.

Pity it took them so long.

Massive massive victory for those brave NICRA people who lived to see it.
How do you explain the fact that NICRA marches often ended with a chorus of 'A Nation Once Again', then?

Ó Donnchadha

They are not Oglaigh na HEireann

that title goes to the legitimate Defence Forces

might I suggest that they be reffered to as

ACG- or another criminal gang.

How foolish is this . Your going to decide what a particular group or organization calls themselves ?

This has been done to death. The group or individuals that perceive they are in power, and/or feel threatened, make a feeble attempt to marginalize the threat by arguing over something as small as the name.

If they put a bomb under your car, the least of your worries would be to quibble over the name of the group. Your concern would be protecting your cajones.

So why not examine the real issues, as to why this group exists, and what their real demands are.

Do you feel they have any legitimate concerns ?
Have the British been heavy handed in interacting with the people of Ireland ?
What are Britain's thoughts on eventually severing their ties with Ireland ?

These are a few questions, and I am sure there are many more.

EvotingMachine0197

How foolish is this . Your going to decide what a particular group or organization calls themselves ?

This has been done to death. The group or individuals that perceive they are in power, and/or feel threatened, make a feeble attempt to marginalize the threat by arguing over something as small as the name.

If they put a bomb under your car, the least of your worries would be to quibble over the name of the group. Your concern would be protecting your cajones.

So why not examine the real issues, as to why this group exists, and what their real demands are.

These are a few questions, and I am sure there are many more.
I don't like that post. You come across as a half educated twit with a full-on agenda. You are threatening and obnoxious.

Óglaigh na hÉireann is the official name of the Irish Defence Forces under the legislative basis of the Defence Acts 1954 to 2007.

Got a problem with that ?

Cruimh

I don't like that post. You come across as a half educated twit with a full-on agenda. You are threatening and obnoxious.

Óglaigh na hÉireann is the official name of the Irish Defence Forces under the legislative basis of the Defence Acts 1954 to 2007.

Got a problem with that ?
We have to make allowances for Americans mate.

Lee McKeown

None that can't be dealt with in non-violent ways.

They certainly aren't at present.

If a majority in NI vote to join a United Ireland it shall be so. Until then Northern Ireland remains an integral part of the United Kingdom.

Simples.

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
How do you explain the fact that NICRA marches often ended with a chorus of 'A Nation Once Again', then?
:roll:

Was Gerry Fitt of the Republican Labour Party, Paddy Devlin of the NILP and Betty Sinclair of the CPI wearing their AOH regalia when they sang it.

:)

Maybe Eamonn McCann and Bernadette Devlin were holding each end of a papal flag.

:)

If your going to debate political history which btw i lived through, at least try and get your facts rights.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_Devlin"]Paddy Devlin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
If a majority in NI vote to join a United Ireland it shall be so. Until then Northern Ireland remains an integral part of the United Kingdom.
And a fully paid up region of the EU.

I dread to think what people make of all this on the European mainland.

New Threads

Most Replies