Ben Gilroy avoids the slammer

Catalpast

How much of the system was bad? I have a friend who had a Aunt who was pregnant in the 60"s in the west of Ireland, her Family supported her. She disappeared one day, was picked up by AGS and brought to Tuam. Her family kicked up so much the women was "released" from custody for the crime of being pregnant and unmarried. Are you saying that form your visits as a privileged guest you can say not one women was kidnapped, not one child abused and no baby sold?

If you are saying that some indeed many in the system thought and actually did good things yes, but you can not say that the system was fit for purpose unless that purpose was to abuse young women and children by and large.
There is no way that story is true as you described it

- it was never a 'crime' to be pregnant outside of marriage

- and therefore the Gardaí could not arrest you for a non existent 'Crime'

Perhaps though she ran away, ended up homeless and the local Gardaí put her in contact with the nuns in Tuam

Her family then realised what had happened and brought her home?

artfoley56

poor ould ben gets months in chokey

Anti-eviction activist jailed for three months

"He referred to an issue about a comma and said it was a very serious thing to ensure true title and he wanted the order to reflect the true title."

:D

Buchaill Dana

There is no way that story is true as you described it

- it was never a 'crime' to be pregnant outside of marriage

- and therefore the Gardaí could not arrest you for a non existent 'Crime'

Perhaps though she ran away, ended up homeless and the local Gardaí put her in contact with the nuns in Tuam

Her family then realised what had happened and brought her home?
Its hard to fathom this level of stupidity.

Levellers

Gilroy is an extreme right winger who preys on distraught borrowers who all inevitably loose when he appears.

automaticforthepeople

Why is it that once more the yellow vesters will go bonkers about a guy who's lost a lot of money on a gamble as opposed to someone who has been screwed?

Socratus O' Pericles

Never heard of him...is this a bad thing?

Sync

Gilroy is an extreme right winger who preys on distraught borrowers who all inevitably loose when he appears.
Yeah I just feel incredibly sorry for people who have listened to him not knowing any better and inevitably make a difficult and stressful situation worse.

Socratus O' Pericles

Look him up. Will keep you laughing right through the winter.
Tiger Reborn was live.Like Page
15 December 2018 ·
Ben Gilroy speaks to the Yellow Vest Ireland listing their demands to the Irish Government outside Taoiseach office #Dublin #YellowVests

He read out their words as follows:

As, recognition of the desire and right of all People to live, work and thrive in a safe modern and dignified manner.

A call to unity and action, in the form of a simple ‘yellow vest’ has rang out, across many Nations.

We, the Irish people here today, recognize and acknowledge that call, and we gather with purpose and determination.

No longer, shall we accept, cold, cruel, bureaucracy as a legitimate reason to use force against those struggling to keep a roof over their head.

No longer, will we tolerate, corruption, cronyism and political deception.

No longer, will we allow, our People to suffer for want in this Isle of plenty.

In deference to all of the above, we insist action be taken immediately with the following demands.

Yellow Vest Demands

We demand, Citizens initiated Referenda.

Immediate halt on all evictions and cameras allowed in all civil courts.

Leo Varadkar, declare a General Election & resign.

Cervical Cancer HSE staff responsible fired & Simon Harris resign.

Constitutional protection of Ireland’s water from privatisation

Medicinal Cannabis legalised immediately.

Prohibition on TDs from being housing Landlords or beneficiaries.

Return Ireland’s Oil & Gas reserves to public ownership.

An effective means to Remove corrupt Gardai, civil servants & judges.

Immediate distribution of Food/fuel vouchers for people going hungry and cold.

Cap rent per bedroom to €400 per month.

Abolishment of the TV Licence.

Enforce full corporate tax rate on multinationals and collect revenues owed.

A Raise in minimum wage to actual living costs.

Abolish household charge and property tax.

Irish People stand tall and proud, as is your right. Let this Call to action, spread across the whole of Ireland. Take to your streets, roads and Bridges. The time to stand together has come. The time to defend our children’s future has arrived. We are stronger than our divisions.

Written by supporters of the Yellow Vests.

Fark me another looney , Facebook provides him with a platform.

MsDaisyC

poor ould ben gets months in chokey

Anti-eviction activist jailed for three months

"He referred to an issue about a comma and said it was a very serious thing to ensure true title and he wanted the order to reflect the true title."

:D
He'll probably be treated the same as TV Licence "criminals", processed and released without a night spent behind bars, but he'll still manage to dine out on a level of martyrdom with the idiots who follow him.

Paddyc

He'll probably be treated the same as TV Licence "criminals", processed and released without a night spent behind bars, but he'll still manage to dine out on a level of martyrdom with the idiots who follow him.
No, contempt of course is taken very seriously. In this case, he had numerous opportunities to purge his contempt and refused.

artfoley56

Yeah I just feel incredibly sorry for people who have listened to him not knowing any better and inevitably make a difficult and stressful situation worse.
to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't feel that level of sympathy; they've been presented with essentially magic beans and have gone with it. there's no magical admiralty law solution or missing commas that will get you off the hook. the only solution is to engage with the lender and get professional help from lawyers and an insolvency practitioner.

by hoping they could "get away with it" they've clogged up the courts and led to delays for people in similar circumstances but who are laying a straight bat and only having their misery extended by the actions of Gilroy's clients.

artfoley56

No, contempt of course is taken very seriously. In this case, he had numerous opportunities to purge his contempt and refused.
yep, he'll do the 3 months and then probably make a claim for adverse possession of the joy :D

automaticforthepeople

Ben follows in big footsteps.

100 years after Constant Markiewicz was thrown in prison after being shot dead in 1916, is Ben big enough to fill his shoes?

Paddyc

to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't feel that level of sympathy; they've been presented with essentially magic beans and have gone with it. there's no magical admiralty law solution or missing commas that will get you off the hook. the only solution is to engage with the lender and get professional help from lawyers and an insolvency practitioner.

by hoping they could "get away with it" they've clogged up the courts and led to delays for people in similar circumstances but who are laying a straight bat and only having their misery extended by the actions of Gilroy's clients.
I know all that but a drowning man will clutch at a snake.

Buchaill Dana

True. But when someone tells you their approach on your behalf will be to demand the judge prove he is a judge then argue brehon law doesnt recognise debt, you bear some responsibility

artfoley56

that's a fairly benign view, the old adage rings true here; if it looks too good to be true, then its too good to be true.

i'd nearly insist on psychological testing on those insisting on bringing in McKenzie friends

Wagmore

Yes, but I was actually there.. inside the place many many times.. how many posters here were?

Incidentally the gardens were beautiful with a waterfall and a beautiful green wooden wendy house.

There was also a separate walled off gnome garden.. we weren’t allowed to go there.. we could just see the gnomes through the gate.
Feckin hell---Feck Brendan Behan. Stick to the Angela's Ashes narrative or you'll be thoughtshamed. I'm warning you

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies