Berkeley "braces" for hurricane Ben Shapiro.

benroe

The New York Times headline reads "After Charlottesville Violence, Colleges Brace for More Clashes", it refers to the planned talk later today (3am our time ,7pm there) in Berkeley by right wing political commentator Ben Shapiro the editor of "Daily Wire" an online news site for younger republicans.

Of course we should all hope that Mr Shapiro gets to speak and that the counter protest passes of peacefully, but given that the talk is about "thugs on university campuses", the past antagonism between Shapiro and antifa and the fact that he has challenged the town council to take this opportunity to prove they are not fascists, I fear we could see a repetition of the Milo protest or even Charlottesville.

Shapiro further antagonised his detractors yesterday on hearing that the university had offered counseling to those who might be offended by his speech ,he commented that if someone needed counselling after hearing what he had to say, that they were probably already suffering from some mental disorder.

Shapiro is a republican who did not vote for Trump, his rhetoric is the usual right wing fare ,not particularly contentious but his views on antifa, SJWs and feminists have had his talks dogged by protesters and one had to be cancelled , I don't agree with a lot he says but I do support his freedom to speak, and I support the counter protesters right to protest his speech, lets hope it passes of peacefully, what do you think of the chances of that happening?

[video=youtube;0PndCHpNtE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PndCHpNtE0[/video].

Armchair Activist

Should a mental disorder disqualify a person from holding political opinion?

Wascurito

Snowflakes are melting? That's Anthropogenic Global Warming.

QED - case closed.

Lúidín

It's a pity he's such a poor speaker with such anti-democratic views but those who value freedom of speech don't get to choose the battles.

Degeneration X

Well at least it's not Milo this time who Shapiro hates now.

It's funny to see the Breitbart shills tear each other apart.

Don't get the buzz about Shapiro guy is kind of a waster I remember hearing bits and pieces from him during the elections 2015-16 of course he was wrong about everything but what can you expect from a fool who backed Lyin' Ted Cruz!

Armchair Activist

Don't get the buzz about Shapiro guy is kind of a waster I remember hearing bits and pieces from him during the elections 2015-16 of course he was wrong about everything but what can you expect from a fool who backed Lyin' Ted Cruz!
I'd no real idea who Shapiro was but his support for Ted Cruz says everything.

What are his economic views?

Dame_Enda

As he is Jewish, Antifa wont be able to call him "fascist". But that doesnt mean they wont.

benroe

He's squeeky clean though and I would not be surprised if he is a candidate for president in the not too distant future.

benroe

As he is Jewish, Antifa wont be able to call him "fascist". But that doesnt mean they wont.
They have already labeled him a white supremacist.:shock:

Armchair Activist

Or public office for that matter , remember Regan and whats his name, oh yeah Trump.
Maybe political opinion is the root of their mental disorder. Either way, its telling of Shapiro that he has little respect for others.

Telstar 62

The snowflakes have been offered free counselling ahead of Shapiro.

I'm not making this up!!:p

mr_anderson

Are you kidding me ?
He's already been called a nazi !
During the same session, professor Melinda Abdullah, chair of the college’s Pan-African Studies department, told Covino that she found Shapiro to be an advocate of “anti-blackness,” even calling him a “neo-Nazi,” which she said is “ironic” because she knows he’s Jewish.

“I get he’s Jewish, so that’s ironic that I’m calling him a neo-Nazi,” she said, “but that’s basically what he is. A neo-KKK member — let’s call him that.”
Professor Claims ‘Neo-Nazi’ Ben Shapiro’s Campus Lecture Left Students ‘Brutalized’ – TheBlaze

razorblade

He is fully entitled to speak his opinion without being assaulted by Antifa scum, lets hope it passes off peacefully but i wouldnt count on it.

Degeneration X

I'd no real idea who Shapiro was but his support for Ted Cruz says everything.

What are his economic views?
To call his economic views "Dickensian" would be a moderate way to put it. His meltdown after Cruz lost the nomination is the stuff of legend on the internet though.

Degeneration X

Why can't Jews be Fascist? There were many Italian Jews in the National Fascist Party under Mussolini in the 1920s and early 30s before Mussolini turned on them. Mussolini himself had a Jewish mistress. Mussolini was also a self proclaimed Zionist for a while.

Armchair Activist

It's worth remembering most these students are only 17 or 18.

The counciling thing is scripted obviously to make them look fragile

Dame_Enda

Why can't Jews be Fascist? There were many Italian Jews in the National Fascist Party under Mussolini in the 1920s and early 30s before Mussolini turned on them. Mussolini himself had a Jewish mistress. Mussolini was also a self proclaimed Zionist for a while.
That Melinda Abdullah calling him "neo Nazi" is outrageous thing to call a Jew, as is "neo KKK". Berkeley is worse for not firing people like that before they can poison their students minds with such rubbish.

benroe

Maybe political opinion is the root of their mental disorder. Either way, its telling of Shapiro that he has little respect for others.
He has no respect for those who protest his talks,

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies