Bertie Ahern and the €98901 pension - News: he is giving it up

myksav

Ye don't sound happy even after Ahern gave up the pension.

jtbooker

That's probably because he's a snivelling rat-faced perjuring crook who sucked everything he could out of this country's financial trough, gorging himself until his ignominious pot-belly couldn't take it any more and then skipping off in to the sunset and leaving his constituents with a bumbling moron with a penchant for foreign travel as a local representative. Anyone involved in the FF parliamentary party will shudder at the very mention of his name for the next 50 years for the blood he has on his hands.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is below contempt

FakeViking

That's probably because he's a snivelling rat-faced perjuring crook who sucked everything he could out of this country's financial trough, gorging himself until his ignominious pot-belly couldn't take it any more and then skipping off in to the sunset and leaving his constituents with a bumbling moron with a penchant for foreign travel as a local representative. Anyone involved in the FF parliamentary party will shudder at the very mention of his name for the next 50 years for the blood he has on his hands.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is below contempt
Bertie Ahern - Speaker, Speeches, Booking Agent, Agency, Washington Speakers Bureau

Bertie Ahern dedicated his career to re-inventing his country’s economic and political stakes in global affairs. He persuaded his fellow politicians and citizens to accept short-term sacrifices to achieve long-term gain. His ability to persuade his constituents to follow his vision provides lessons for even the most seasoned executives.

DCon

Some dude on Joe Duffy made the point that by "gifting" their pensions to the State, our esteemed leaders can write the "gift" off in tax.

Is this true?

If so, and assuming Bertie pays tax on his considerable nixers, it probably makes no difference to him. As long as he keeps his expenses for the 60K phone bills he will be happy

jtbooker

myksav

Yep, as I thought, you are not happy even though you got what you wanted.
That is one of the definitions of greed.

No wonder the country is in the state it is now.

thebig C

Yep, as I thought, you are not happy even though you got what you wanted.
That is one of the definitions of greed.

No wonder the country is in the state it is now.
No, the country is in the State it is due to people like you who defend this corrupt moronic government, and decry anybody who challenges them, like the GRA!

You are the reason we are in a mess! Because, you accept!

myksav

No, the country is in the State it is due to people like you who defend this corrupt moronic government, and decry anybody who challenges them, like the GRA!

You are the reason we are in a mess! Because, you accept!
So bill me. :roll:

You're advocating the commission of criminal acts under the regulations the Gardaí accept on addmission to the force. And you expect me to take you seriously?

I would presume you are also one who does not comply with the rules either. Because, you don't accept!

If that rep was a civilian, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at that speech. As a serving member of the Garda, that rep should not have written and publicised that speech.
The Gardaí are given powers that are not allowed the general population and with those powers comes certain responsibilities and restrictions. If a Garda doesn't wish to be bound by those stricture, he is entitled to leave the force and make any political comment he wishes.

He3

Just on Newstalk now, he's giving it back in the interests of the nation.
That was posted on April 27th and I have no reason to doubt the man. He is feeling the pinch lately.

DCon

That was posted on April 27th and I have no reason to doubt the man. He is feeling the pinch lately.
Ah he must be, bless.

He needed the pub Lotto winnings to pay a few auld bills.

Man of the people. Salt of the Earth..

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies